Defensive shotgun training

I picked up an Remington 870 Tactical at Four Seasons on Friday. I saw it on their website and couldn't help myself. Now that I have it, I want to get some training. Does anyone know of any clubs or individuals that provide that kind of training in Mass or NH?

I am interested in defensive shotgun training too. I am considering the Sig Academy Introduction to Defensive 3 Gun course in June, because I can't get my wife interested in a shotgun-only course. I'll watch here to see what you decide; may join in with or without wife.

We would be down to do a group class for NES members only. All of our instructors are LE/MIL and are experienced with the shotgun platform, 870s in particular. PM me and we can start talking details, location, costs, etc. I'm thinking 6-8hrs, around 250 - 350 rounds, and around $150 max.

We would be down to do a group class for NES members only. All of our instructors are LE/MIL and are experienced with the shotgun platform, 870s in particular. PM me and we can start talking details, location, costs, etc. I'm thinking 6-8hrs, around 250 - 350 rounds, and around $150 max.

Still interested, especially in the Attleboro area.

I think it's a great idea for a class. Always liked what they did in magpul videos.

Last edited by a moderator:

still interested here...willing to travel a reasonable distance too

Ok guys. We have a metric pant load of interest in this and we want to make it happen. We will bring the knowledge and curriculum... Who wants to offer up a venue? We will travel as far as is required.

16 shooters max, broken into two lines

Let's call it an even $100 a piece and we will make a $300 donation to Commonwealth 2A out of the proceeds.

Ideas?

What type of equipment would be required to participate in a class like this? I just watched the magpul video, and I don't have anything like the belt-mounted shell holders. In fact, I have simply a side-saddle and a sling (which holds 15 rounds), and a few obnoxious looking bandoleers.

Thoughts?

Lets keep it simple. Side saddle mounted carrier and a belt mounted secondary weapon. No need to kit up completely! There are plenty of options available but we suggest going with a simple and efficient set up.

Rob

Back
Top Bottom