• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Defensive Shooting Clinic-10/6/07 in Mansfield, MA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Len-2A Training

Instructor
Instructor
NES Life Member
NES Member
NE Shooters is running another (almost free) Defensive Shooting Clinic on Saturday, October 6, 2007 at Mansfield Fish & Game www.mansfieldfish.com from 10AM to 4PM.

Cost will be $25.00/person ($20.00 goes to the MF&G Indoor Range Fund and $5.00 to defray costs of Jim Conway and his trainers).

Participants MUST have a LTC (or equivalent for non-MA folks) or an NRA Basic Pistol Course Certificate or better. [These are requirements by MF&G.]

Maximum number of participants is 30, 20 NES/other and 10 reserved spots for MF&G members. If necessary, a waiting list will be setup and all participants must re-confirm at least 2 weeks prior to the date or they will lose their slot to someone on the waiting list.

All participants must contact Jim Conway/NEShooters.com to register.

This will be just like the one that was held in Westford on June 2nd, 2007.

Course Goals:

- Analogy of learning pistol skills so they become as common as driving.
- Importance of basics & their full understanding.
- Develop correct procedures and execute it smoothly.

Some of the training outline (will be customized depending on experience/skill/needs level of participants):

- Four safety rules!
- Chamber check/loading/unloading techniques.
- Dry fire practice
- Grip, Stance & pointing
- Sight alignment
- Sight picture
- Breathing and trigger control
- Trigger reset/follow thru
- Live fire singles
- Live fire pairs
- Tactical reload
- Pairs from ready
- Drawing techniques
- Pairs from holster
- Malfunction drills
- Discussion of After Action Assessment
- Q&A

Clinic sign up list

It is now time to confirm your seat in the Clinic. Please let me know that you are going to be aat the clinic by Sunday, September 30, 2007. If you do not respond by then, I will move your name to the waiting list and promote someone from the waiting list to your slot. If any of the names on the NES member list are also Mansfield members, please let me know so that more of those on the waiting list can get a slot

The current list is as shown below

NES members (20 slots)
1. Lens
2. SwatMedic
3. Adam_MA
4. Junglerott
5. Lesky
6. Soxfan9
7. Jaxon
8. Jaxon (Peg)
9. Kdrew
10. Bradley
11. Stoneypete
12. Slim
13. Andrew Robinson
14. DR
15. dwarven1
16. Macuser
17. Bill O'Connell
18. Crak
19. livinlawatertown
20. Medic12

Waiting list

3. Fith
4. jon
5. dbhn
6. GaryO
7. Big red

Mansfield members (10 slots reserved)
1. depicts
2. john Kelly
3. Luis Haddock
4. David Cheda
5. Frank Pizura
6. Harry Lynch
7. Massnee

Last edited:
Yes, bring gun, ammo (probably 300 rds based on last clinic), holster, mags/speed-loaders, mag pouches if you have them, ears and eyes. A ball-cap is very useful to keep hot brass from hitting your face.

Special rules for DR

For this clinic, we have added one new rule because a good trainer should always learn from past experiences. And now the rule:
"Any part of a firearm that hits the ground is the sole property of Neshooters, LLC"

For this clinic, we have added one new rule because a good trainer should always learn from past experiences. And now the rule:
"Any part of a firearm that hits the ground is the sole property of Neshooters, LLC"

That settles it: I'm bringing a wheelgun. At least I can count on a revolver to stay in one piece. [grin]

C-pher, it wasn't a mag! He was shooting beside me and his slide was "heading for the target"! A video would have been precious!

Yours is the second request for another date (both from club members). I can't speak for Jim or the club, but if this goes over well, I can bring up the thought of a "repeat" (on a non-gun show date) with Jim and the club. No promises however.

I'd like to do this as well but I don't know this far in advance if the date is good. Is there a backup list I could be put on in case it works and someone backs out? I don't want to grab a spot and then back out.

That settles it: I'm bringing a wheelgun. At least I can count on a revolver to stay in one piece. [grin]

Well, there's always the special weapon retention drill, where Scott and one or two other instructors hit you from the rear while you're reholstering. We've managed to collect several nice guns under this rule using this technique. [wink]

Ken

NES members (20 slots)
1. Lens
2. SwatMedic
3. Adam_MA
4. Junglerott
5. Christopher Siano
6. Derek
7. Jaxon
8. Jaxon (Peg)
9. Kdrew
10. Bradley
11. Stoneypete
12. Massnee
13. Andrew Robinson
14. DR
15. dwarven1
16. Macuser
17. Bill O'Connell
18. Crak
19. livinlawatertown
20. JonJ

Waiting list

Mansfield members (10 slots reserved)

Jim

FYI

Several of the names under NES Members are also members of MFGPA in case you need to make room for non-MFGPA participants.

Ferretfour

Rich,

That was INTENTIONAL on MY PART!

I wanted a fair opportunity for MF&G members (that aren't NES members) to sign up. By the time that the other 300 MF&G members are "made aware" of this opportunity, all 30 slots would be filled by NES'rs plus another 30 or so on the "wait list". Since MF&G is hosting the event, I want them to get a fair shake at getting in the clinic.

That's why we won't be making more room for NES members by usurping the MF&G slots.

Two weeks prior, when some have to cancel out or fail to re-confirm, those on the wait list (from either NES or MF&G) all will get a potential shot at participating.

If this goes over well, we might get an opportunity to re-run it at a future time. I've been talking with Mosinm39 about it over the past few days. He has some other ideas that I like and I think you will too wrt training.

Len

That's fine. I just thought that since the 20 slots were already filled and I didn't any MFGPA members listed that the dual slotted folks should be moved to MFGPA to open the slots.

Have a good time.

Richard [smile]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom