• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Defensive Shooting Clinic-10/6/07 - AAR

Jim --

Any room in your Oct. 6 clinic? I hadn't signed earlier because I attended the June 2 firing-fest. 'Twas great, but I figured others should have a first crack at your clinic.

But if there's an opening now because of drop-outs, etc., please
confirm me as in. I'll check the thread for your reply.

Many thanks.

Brass Spitter,

You can take up my spot. I'm really disappointed about this and I hate doing this after confirming, but I can't make it tomorrow anymore. I hope you guys still let me in the next one.

(I'll PM both you and Jim so you see it there too)

Directions

Directions to the club for GPS users, enter in east Street, on your landmark points it will show the DPW garage. Also the web site posted by StoneyPete makes finding the club pretty easy.
I am looking forward to seeing and meeting you all tommrow. I am going to have to bug out early however and head up to the Gun Show in Springfield. I would much rather stick around[crying]

NOTE: We start shooting at 10AM.

Try to arrive at 9:30 so we can do the paperwork, collect the money and you have time to setup and load your mags.

If anybody sees this before the clinic, please let Jim know that I may be late!

My son was in an auto accident last night and we just got home at 0330.

He is ok, truck is not.

I will be there, just not sure when.

Thanks a lot!!!

Last edited:
Scott,

Sorry to hear that. Take care and I'll just tell Jim he has to work instead of "supervise" until you get there.

Glad your Son's OK, that's what's important.

------------------

Anyone else: Don't count on my seeing any further posts until the event is over. Much to do to prepare, as I need to be there earlier than the rest of you.

I wanted to thank Jim and his crew and the MF&G guys for a running great clinic. I learned some new tricks and met a bunch of NES'rs I hope to see in the future.

Eric

This was my second class with NEShooters. I am looking forward to many more...thanks to Jim and the other instructors...

I want to thank Jim, Mike, Ken, Scott for the class today. A lot of good info and tips. I still need to work on my stance, and I have a lot of work to do with the mag changes on the M&P. They do not seat as easily, and as definitively as my 1911s. Also thanks to the BoD and membership of MF&G, for allowing us to use their facility.

I also would like to apologize to everyone for leaving in the middle of the afternoon. My wife got called into work, and I had to leave. I would not normally leave without helping to clean up, and offer my thanks to all involved. The instructors were in the middle of a demonstration on type 3 malfunctions, and I did not want to interrupt. Hopefully there will be other opportunities for this type of training in the future

Thanks to Jim, Mike, Ken and Scott for putting on an excellent clinic!

Always more to learn and a great bunch of trainers. Those that attended know that we also have a great deal of fun and love to poke fun at each other in addition to teaching/learning.

A tremendous thank you is due to Fred & BOD (including past officers and past BOD as well) for allowing us to use MF&G for this event. Judy did a great job cooking up an excellent luncheon for us . . . thanks from all of us.

It was great meeting other NES'rs and MF&G members who I hadn't met before, and as I stated to a few, if any of you that attended wish to join MF&G, I'll be happy to sponsor any of you . . . just let me know via Email (from any of my posts). [www.mansfieldfish.com has application forms on it]. Unlike most other clubs in this area, MF&G members are allowed to practice the type of tactics we learned today at MF&G.

I think we left a good impression on MF&G. We actually left the range cleaner than we found it. I expect that if we want to use the facilities for future NES events that we will be welcomed back.

Last edited:
Well.... I just want to Thank Jim, Mike, and "Mr." Big Daddy45, and Ken... And the attendies..It was a GREAT day and very Very educational. Learning to shoot all over again is not easy! LOL
I can not wait to train again with the NE shooters crew!

P.s. it was also nice "meeting" the fine prez of Mansfield club

Thank You

I wanted to Thank all of the great folks who turned out today for the NES event. I know it was HOT but folks seem to have had a great time. It was great to finally put faces to the folks who post on NES.
A big thank you to Len for all of his help in setting this event up and helping me with securing the club after the event. Also THANK you to all of the attendees for leaving the range cleaner than when you arrived!!!!

I also hope I did not disturb the class by shooting at the 100 yard range. Hopefully Len will post the pictures of the rifle I was shooting to explain why. I had reloaded some ammo and had to try it out.

Hopefully this will be just the first of many more NES events at MFG.
Again thank you for coming, I hope you enjoyed the range, club house and the lunch.

Fred aka 50 BMG

p.s. no it was not a 50 I was shooting today.[smile]

Thanks to all the NES guys who put this on. Thanks to Len and Fred for making this happen. I learned so much today. Gonna do some dry fire practice over the next few days.[smile]

I want to thank the NES trainers, Jim, Mike, Ken and Scott and also LenS and BMG Fred from MFG for the great day today.

I had a really good time, and learned a lot. Like StoneyPete and FITH said, I have a lot to work on now. I didn't know I had any bad habits when I went there. Boy did I get my eyes open.

I think I have to say that in the 25+ years I've been a member of Mansfield F&G, this is the BEST event I've participated in, and they've been a lot.

Great to meet a bunch of NES'ers, and put a face to the handle.

You can't beat gun-people for good folks, and todays group was outstanding. I can't wait until the next time.

I really want to thank LenS again, because he had so much to do with this as a new member at Mansfield.

Thanks to all who participated and made my day so much fun.

Bill

This was a GREAT day! Thanks to the organizers and instructors for putting on an outstanding clinic. I have learned a lot of new stuff and some what I had already known was reinforced. As other have stated, I too have a lot of work ahead of me [grin]

Also, it was good to meet some of the other NES members.

I am looking forward to other NES gatherings.

Last edited:
Let me also add my thanks to Jim, Mike, Scott, LenS & Ken for setting this up and for the excellent instruction. Like the others, I feel that I learned a lot... and more importantly, I learned how much I still don't know!! At the end of the day, I felt like saying "But you've hardly scratched the surface!" I wanted the class to be longer...

Anyway, thanks so much for the quality instruction; I have a lot of dry-firing and presenting to do, as well as clearing drills and reloading drills...

Thanks for great event

Just a note of thanks for Jim Conway, his instructor colleagues and Mansfield F&G, for great instruction, some good humor, fine food and hospitality and an overall good time at yesterday's (Oct 6) tactical clinic.

Thank You

The staff of Neshooters, LLC would like to thank all of the shooters that attended our clinic at Mansfield Fish & Game yesterday. i am pleased that so many of have commented on the things that you have learned. In every class that we teach we also learn from you, the students.

Over the past 5 years that Neshooters have been teaching and hosting classes, we have grown from just Mike and I to the fine group that we have today. I am proud of each and every one of them and extremely grateful for their contributuins to our success.

This has been, without doubt, the best year in our history. We have hosted some of the finest trainers available anywhere. We have had the privledge to instructing a fine group of shooters who keep returning for more courses and keep improving. This is the best reward that any trainer can ever expect to get.

Our THANKS (yes I am yelling) to each and every one of you.

I second Jim's response. This was a great time and as I see it we opened some eyes and changed some minds. I hope to see you all on the range soon. It was my pleasure working for and with all 21 of you. As well as the Mansfield Facilty.

Remember the training never stops.

As we discussed "read" "research" and seek out info.

Question yourself on what your Rules of Engagement are? Keep your Situational Awareness up. And understand what Escalation of force means to you.

Dry Practice reps and quality range time will provide improvement.

Test yourself and push those limits.

And schedule yourself into a course or class to keep yourself tuned up.

Respectfully.

Mike N.

Uh... guys? Remember how I said I twisted my ankle last week and was using a cane during the class? I just went to get it x-rayed this afternoon since it was still hurting a week later...

And I either win the "dinosaur-like pain threshold" award or the "How stupid are you to go shooting on a broken ankle" award for Saturday. Yup, broke one of the bones... I don't remember the precise name for it, but it's on the outside of the ankle and apparently only holds 12.5% of the body's weight.

I see the orthopedist tomorrow morning. [rolleyes]

Hey, at least I got to go shooting. [smile]

Back
Top Bottom