• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Defensive Pistol 1.0 with Paladin Group Training: 11/4/23 Middleton, MA

blaster12

Instructor
NES Member
Defensive Pistol 1.0 by Paladin Group Training
Date: Saturday, November 4, 2023
Time: 8:30am to 4pm
Defensive Pistol 1.0 - Paladin Group Training

Learn the core skills needed to defend yourself with a pistol. This introductory defensive pistol class is the first step in Paladin Group Training's Defensive Pistol series.

Participants will learn:
-Safe drawing and holstering of firearm
-Shooting for center mass
-Quick and efficient reloading and clearing common malfunctions
-One-handed shooting
-How to identify and shoot from cover
-Basic flashlight techniques and more

Follow link for further info, pricing, and to register: Defensive Pistol 1.0 - Paladin Group Training

Sad to see that outdated info on Danvers Fish & Game Club is still being spread about. Yes, it was once a "fudd" club. But, no more. I've been a member since 2014 and have seen incremental change for the better in that time. I cannot take credit for it--new leadership at the ranges and at the BOD level have made a huge impact over time. I've been teaching there for several years now and wouldn't stay unless they were open to the type of training Paladin Group Training provides. Are there still cranky old guys? Yes, every club has them. But, they are the minority now at DFG. A new generation with interests in competitiive shooting and the tactical/defensive side are present at the club now and are on the rise.

Sad to see that outdated info on Danvers Fish & Game Club is still being spread about. Yes, it was once a "fudd" club. But, no more. I've been a member since 2014 and have seen incremental change for the better in that time. I cannot take credit for it--new leadership at the ranges and at the BOD level have made a huge impact over time. I've been teaching there for several years now and wouldn't stay unless they were open to the type of training Paladin Group Training provides. Are there still cranky old guys? Yes, every club has them. But, they are the minority now at DFG. A new generation with interests in competitiive shooting and the tactical/defensive side are present at the club now and are on the rise.
Good to hear. Though the last time I was there was in 2019 with a friend of mine that was a RO. I hadn’t talked to him until last summer and he was complaining about the RO requirement in order to shoot (as of 2022 he was no longer an RO…). Did that change since 2022?
If not, then that’s still bullshit and very much a FUDD club.
I will say they have a great ranges and facilities

Good to hear. Though the last time I was there was in 2019 with a friend of mine that was a RO. I hadn’t talked to him until last summer and he was complaining about the RO requirement in order to shoot (as of 2022 he was no longer an RO…). Did that change since 2022?
If not, then that’s still bullshit and very much a FUDD club.
I will say they have a great ranges and facilities
a RO had to be ' on duty' in order for you to shoot at the outdoor range. Even if you showed up by yourself! They were usually retired guys who had nothing to do
Also, no more than 5 rounds loaded in a firearm, no mags dumps

Yes, we have certain hours for the Outdoor Pistol and Rifle ranges staffed by an RO (35 hours a week). (I pull RO duty a couple times a month at the ODR so I know the operation of that range.) It's part of an agreement with the town that all outdoor ranges at the club be staffed by an RO, be it the Outdoor Rifle and Pistol Range, Steel Plate Range, Trap, Skeet, etc. The Indoor Range has 24/7 access I believe (I prefer outdoor shooting so not as familar with that operation).

Let's face it--the club started in 1947 (I believe) when the area was mostly farms. That has changed dramatically over the decades with development (as with most gun clubs in the region). Coupled with the fact that it's a gun club in an anti-gun state like Mass., concessions have been made to remain open. Never heard of the five-round limit--has not been in effect since I've been there (2014). Rapid fire is allowed as long as you're shooting safely and hitting the target. (Don't see the point in a mag dump, but to each his own.) I was there running a few Bill Drills on Saturday.

Yes, there are rules. It's usually people unused to or opposed to shooting in a controlled environment that have a problem with the DFG and places like it. But that's the beauty of America--you can go somewhere else if you don't like it. Freedom of choice. But please don't spread outdated/incorrect info about the club. It's a great place to be a member. As I said previously, I wouldn't have stayed if I felt it was a "fudd" club.

This thread began to promote a training event, not to discuss the culture at a particular gun club. I suppose there's a place on here to do that. Anyway, I'm not much of an online forum guy. Happy Thanksgiving to all, and check out Paladin Group Training.

Back
Top Bottom