• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Defense Distributed Shut Down by DOD

I posted it a few days ago to we transfer.. click on my name and look at my previous post if you want it. You can only use the files in cad.

By the way, wanted to make sure I share the MEGA link in case some of you guys (or gals) dont want to bother with torrents. I just downloaded it, it has all the components necessary to build complete.

https://mega.co.nz/#!JplQVDDQ!Qi8kflIn8kMZl0hK96YW1h7RIc9vz2SfErzB-7qRV-0

Search the URL in google if youre weary of the file I posted.

Damn, I just tried that link and this is the message I got:

The file you are trying to download is no longer available.

This could be due to the following reasons:

The file has been removed because of a ToS/AUP violation.
Invalid URL - the link you are trying to access does not exist
The file has been deleted by the user.

I was thinking of changing my name to dotgov, then I could act like a douchebag and people would just turn there heads and pretend nothing is wrong, because everyone trust dotgov to never screw them over,

Dotgov dont Take from no bank account, dotgov takes thouse bitches money before it ever hits da bank, and if dotgov don't get his money, da bitches get a pimp slap fine and still gatta pay da money

[laugh2]Ha, best posts that I have read this week! Awesome![rofl]

See post 171 in this thread.

See post 171 in this thread.
Mega did this:
wants-more-government.jpg

[rofl2]

If you still are having trouble, shoot me a PM and I can email em to ya if you have Gmail (gotta send through Google Drive).

This is good. Very good.

So I'll wait here for the other people who kept saying cheap printers can't do this to chime in on this hoax [laugh]

Printing is here, it's going mainstream with these new, cheap versions and they clearly are capable.

Anyone who has used a UPrint saw this coming. It's nothing more than an inkjet printer with a hot glue gun in place of the inkjet head.

This is good. Very good.

So I'll wait here for the other people who kept saying cheap printers can't do this to chime in on this hoax [laugh]
/
When I see a video that includes:

- A chronograph reading.
- A target. With holes in it, and the distance.
- The unloading and loading procedure.

I'll start to be impressed. In the meantime the rest of you can keep using car antennas.

This isn't even as good as it's great grandfather the original liberator which could at least be reloaded without a hammer! If 3D printers were in the <$1000 range and a lot more people had them, then this would still be a good "last chance when the <insert country or type of zombie here> invades" gun...one bullet per minute hammer required is better than no bullet at all! What I really want to see is this design printed on one of the high end DMLS (direct metal laser sintering) in aluminum or EBM (electron beam melting) in titanium....if only those machines didn't cost 6 figures :(

Because of the shitty plastic barrel, the velocity is significantly reduced as well.
http://weaponsman.com/?p=8747
The lack of rigidity of the barrel, compared to a steel barrel, takes a lot of velocity away from the .380 cartridge. They only captured 2 of the 8 shots’ velocity: 498.2 and 465.1 FPS. That’s half or less of typical .380 FMJ muzzle velocities, which range from around 900 to 1100 (per Ballistics 101). That would be a even larger proportional decrease in muzzle energy (because velocity is squared in the energy formula).

IMO, better off with a C&R muzzle loader... [rofl2]

Thats an interesting point. I never thought of that.

Just to expand a bit. Its not even a C&R. A muzzle loader is not considered to be a firearm by the ATF or most states. (Anyone with MA knowledge on this please chime in)

You can buy a 6 shot muzzle loading revolver through the mail. Load it up and have 6 shots available.

I've actually seen muzzle loading revolvers advocated for long haul truckers because they aren't treated like firearms by most states. And most of those states ban possession of loaded long guns in a MV. So this skirts both sets of laws.

I've fired a few shots from the Ruger Old Army. It was nice. One thing about the ruger. Its built SOLID. And it is all stainless. With some practice, it would make a solid defensive firearm.

Don

I see no reason this design could be taken further to create a revolver, even one incorporating standard steel/copper plumbing pipe for the chamber and/or barrel.

This isn't even as good as it's great grandfather the original liberator which could at least be reloaded without a hammer! If 3D printers were in the <$1000 range and a lot more people had them, then this would still be a good "last chance when the <insert country or type of zombie here> invades" gun...one bullet per minute hammer required is better than no bullet at all! What I really want to see is this design printed on one of the high end DMLS (direct metal laser sintering) in aluminum or EBM (electron beam melting) in titanium....if only those machines didn't cost 6 figures :(

Especially if we are talking zombie invasion, I would much prefer a quality crossbow to the liberator.

I'm not suggesting a printed gun is THE wave of the future. But dismissing them as silly is silly. These proofs of concept will eventually become something practical that can be printed on a $500 printer and will last a nominal amount of time. They have their niche.

Old school cap & ball handguns, rifles and shotguns may also have their niche and may be more practical in some ways.

The original Liberator needed a wooden dowel to ram the spent .45ACP case out due to expansion.

The original Liberator needed a wooden dowel to ram the spent .45ACP case out due to expansion.
They weren't made to tight tolerances, so I would imagine it would depend on which one you got...

The purpose of dropping that gun was nearly as symbolic as the printing of this one. It wasn't exactly an ideal "battle pistol" (if one can even say there is such a thing without laughing) [laugh]

I see no reason this design could be taken further to create a revolver, even one incorporating standard steel/copper plumbing pipe for the chamber and/or barrel.

Interesting thought. This is like a new dawn. Next thing you know, Staples will offer higher end "printers" where you can bring your document to get better quality "output".

They weren't made to tight tolerances, so I would imagine it would depend on which one you got...

The purpose of dropping that gun was nearly as symbolic as the printing of this one. It wasn't exactly an ideal "battle pistol" (if one can even say there is such a thing without laughing) [laugh]

I don't know whether to say "Amen." or "Oh my God!". Both might be correct here.

Last edited:
Wouldn't it be easier to find a company who would manufacture lowers that weren't quite lowers yet that could be shipped and sold freely and that would require only some very basic machining to complete?

I wonder at what point a lower becomes a lower

Wouldn't it be easier to find a company who would manufacture lowers that weren't quite lowers yet that could be shipped and sold freely and that would require only some very basic machining to complete?

I wonder at what point a lower becomes a lower
Was this a facetious question?

Look up "80% lower" if not.

The ATF decides and the answer is not always exactly the same, but basically, milling out the FCG pocket "is a dead giveaway... dead giveaway... "

You can do it with a basic press and a few bits (along with a jig), but:
a. You can't get that stuff right now either. [sad2]
b. It will cost you something on the order of 2-4x what it costs to buy a completed lower in normal times to do this.

Back
Top Bottom