• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Defective Fiochhi ammo

I was at Pelham tonight shooting Fiocchi 9mm 115gr FMJ. I had a failure to feed, but was able to manually chamber. Later, I had a failure to enter battery that required clearing the jam via the "shove the slide against a 4x4" method. I showed the guy next to me the round, and it had a defective case mouth. He suggested I look through the box to see if there was any more, and sure enough, I found two more.

Here is a picture of the ammo in question.

fiocchi_9mm_1.jpg

I have sent a complaint to Fiocchi USA.

Over the years I've seen defects in all sorts of ammo (rimfire, centerfire, shotshell) from many manufactures. When you pump out millions of rounds per week, it happens. 5 years ago or so when Shooting USA featured the CCI plant, they were pumping out 4 million rounds of rimfire a day. I'm not sure what CCI's acceptable reject rate is, but even at ¼ of 1% that's still 10,000 defective rounds a day. I'm not sure how many rounds Fiochhi is putting out a day, but I'd say your chances of getting 5 defective rounds in a box from them or any other manufacture for that matter aren't too bad.

Send pictures (including box with lot-number showing) to Fiocchi and I'll bet they will replace the ammo and then some.

I had 4 FTF with CCI SV the other night out of the same box of 50...I was kinda shocked actually.

Over the years I've seen defects in all sorts of ammo (rimfire, centerfire, shotshell) from many manufactures. When you pump out millions of rounds per week, it happens. 5 years ago or so when Shooting USA featured the CCI plant, they were pumping out 4 million rounds of rimfire a day. I'm not sure what CCI's acceptable reject rate is, but even at ¼ of 1% that's still 10,000 defective rounds a day. I'm not sure how many rounds Fiochhi is putting out a day, but I'd say your chances of getting 5 defective rounds in a box from them or any other manufacture for that matter aren't too bad.

I sent an e-mail tonight to Fiochhi Italy (oops) and then Fiochhi USA. I think the web form I used Sunday failed.

So it took three tries and harassing the fiocchi Facebook admin, but I was able to get a contact at fiochhi,and when I showed them the pics, they sent a prepaid label to ship the ammo back, and then sent me replacement ammo, plus two extra boxes.

Fiocci is normally good shit. Let us know if they make it right for you.

ETA: I missed your post, sounds like they did.... good job. A lot of people just bitch about ammo on the internet, I commend you for actually doing something about it! (and getting taken care of as a result).

-Mike

Yeah, shoot enough and you see some weird crap that makes it past QC and into the box. I've seen some WWB that makes your Fiocchi look pretty tame. Then again, it was so bad it couldn't have been chambered, so there's that blessing...

Back
Top Bottom