• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Deerfield Recommendations?

The Edge Lab

Dealer
NES Member
Can any of you Berkshire boys recommend a shoreline fishing spot on the Deerfield?

I actually lived up there in Buckland when I was a kid. I can remember fishing there with my late father and want to bring my kids up there fishing too. I just can’t remember where we went.

I appreciate any info and if you prefer to PM it to me that’s fine.

Thanks!

If they still save up the water at Fife Brook Dam & let it out in the afternoon, be careful you don't get stranded on a rock!
looks like they have a hotline these days:
Ironic that you say that. Not sure if it’s the same water release but I was in a canoe with my father and grandfather in 1979 when we were caught a water release. Swamped the canoe, my father managed to grab me and my grandfather crawled up the bank 2 miles downstream .

Anyone have anymore input/help? Overwatch Outpost is closed because of Baker and they are not answering there phones.

So I hit the Deerfield twice. First day I actually stopped at the Miller river with no success. I also his 4 spots on the Deerfield. I’m calling it a scouting mission because we didn’t catch anything. The second day we went was another story. 15 trout various places along the Deerfield. Browns and Rainbows and all still swimming. Great day and plan on going again.

So I hit the Deerfield twice. First day I actually stopped at the Miller river with no success. I also his 4 spots on the Deerfield. I’m calling it a scouting mission because we didn’t catch anything. The second day we went was another story. 15 trout various places along the Deerfield. Browns and Rainbows and all still swimming. Great day and plan on going again.
What kind of bait were you throwing? Ive had good luck up there for smallmouth but never trout - others seem to crush it but never me. My go to for bass are floating rapalas, the biggest size that still has 2 hooks. My favorite section is near the stillwaterbridge.

Back
Top Bottom