Deer Skull Cleaning done

Harvested a small buck on my recent hunting trip. Does anyone know a place to get a skull cleaned on the south shore? I don't think I want to do it myself, but do want to keep it.

Easy as pie. BURY it for 2-3 months (not sure if frozen ground cuts it).... dig it up and wash off... I've attached a picture of one I recently dug up...

upload_2017-11-28_19-2-32.jpeg

Harvested a small buck on my recent hunting trip. Does anyone know a place to get a skull cleaned on the south shore? I don't think I want to do it myself, but do want to keep it.
We usually use a power washer, little messy but gets em pretty clean. Skin skull, power wash,Then use hydrogen peroxide from a hair dresser 40% I think. Paint on, wash off few time and they come out great!

Burying is a preferred method..just dont burry it near any pine tree.. i know the acidity can damage some items... for example it causes turtle shells to delaminate...

Burying is a preferred method..just dont burry it near any pine tree.. i know the acidity can damage some items... for example it causes turtle shells to delaminate...

yep.. and pine bark mulch too.. tried this with an old pet turtle and learned the hard way...

Put it outside and let the maggots do the work.

The down side is small animals eat the antlers and sometimes take the head away completely. I lost two skulls last year that I wanted to keep but leaving them outside to long.

I like how she had gloves on for only the first few min.

Its riskier to leave them oustide for sure.

Back
Top Bottom