• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Deer season 2019

Bumped one behind the homestead when I was checking on the trail cam yesterday afternoon. Deer droppings everywhere. No deer on cam though, just raccoon, turkey, coyote, moose, bear...

View attachment 282302 Already planning planting and feeding.

You are a good man Woodsy. One of the greatest regrets of my life is that I stopped hunting and fishing like I did when I was younger. Even then, I knew that there was a huge difference between guys that showed up in the woods in November and guys that invested time, energy and resources in their harvest.
I hope your efforts pay off this fall. Good luck.

Bumped one behind the homestead when I was checking on the trail cam yesterday afternoon. Deer droppings everywhere. No deer on cam though, just raccoon, turkey, coyote, moose, bear...
Bumped about 8 this morning. Too bad it’s turkey season

Drove home from tuftonboro NH Sunday after visiting relatives. Every field on 109 that I passed had a herd of deer.....this was at sundown. Must have seen 30 deer in 20 minutes.

I drove from Natick to Franklin couple weeks ago at dusk and guessing I saw at least 50-60 in the fields in sherbon, millis.

To the guy shooting over my head yesterday with the 22 or Pellet rifle, I’m giving you the benefit of doubt you’re just a friggin jaggoff who doesn’t know you cannot just target shoot into public land. However today I’ll will be back and if miraculously the shooting starts when I call in turkeys we will be in deep discussion. Painful discussions

To the guy shooting over my head yesterday with the 22 or Pellet rifle, I’m giving you the benefit of doubt you’re just a friggin jaggoff who doesn’t know you cannot just target shoot into public land. However today I’ll will be back and if miraculously the shooting starts when I call in turkeys we will be in deep discussion. Painful discussions
Was he hunting red squirrels? Lol

Was he hunting red squirrels? Lol

He was almost on the receiving end of a 3 1/2 shell of 5 shot. It still amazes me every year I run into a complete moron when it comes to the safe handling or operation of a firearm. I thought Darwin would have got rid of them by now....

Back
Top Bottom