• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

deer hunting in mass

Moving up to mass in a month after I eas and want to know what the process of getting my permit and tags for deer. Thanks guys

Last edited:
As long as you have already had a licence or taken the hunters safty course just look up the masswildlife webpage or mass fish hunt and you can get a out of state license there. The whole system is online now! You get two buck tags in mass with the licence the opportunity to get a doe tag has come and gone..but pending on the area sometime there are over the counter doe tags. You could also wait untill you have your residence and get a cheeper license but me hunting is serious I would get it now.....

You need a previous hunting license from any other state or a certificate from a hunter safety course. MA allows bowhunting, two weeks of shotgun hunting and two weeks of black powder hunting after the shotgun season. You'll need to buy extra permits for bow and black powder. No centerfire rifles for deer any time, anywhere.

Back
Top Bottom