• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Deer Hunter Killer

Admin

Staff Member
Administrator
NES Member
"NO FLAK FOR YOU!"

http://www.cnn.com/2005/LAW/09/08/wi.huntersshot.ap/index.html

I don’t know how many of you remember this, this guy was the one who killed six deer hunters in Wisconsin. Apparently he set up his deer stand on some private land and the hunting group that owned the land kicked him off. Of course the Media threw in there that some racial slurs were thrown in there, because it makes for a better story.

Here is a clip from the original Fox news story:

Vang, who had a hunting license but not for Wisconsin, had wandered onto 400 acres of hunting grounds owned by Robert Crotteau after becoming lost. He eventually came upon an empty deer stand, which are used by hunters to better spot deer without being seen, and climbed into it, not knowing he was on private property, Meier said.
At around noon, one of the members of the group of 14 or 15 on the annual opening-weekend trip to Crotteau's property approached him and asked him to leave. Crotteau and the others in the cabin were notified of the situation and hopped on their all-terrain vehicles and headed to the scene.
Vang crawled down from the tree stand and began to walk away. He then turned around and began firing his SKS 7.62 mm semiautomatic rifle at the group, shooting at the victims multiple times.

Apparently as more hunters arrived to see what all the commotion was he shot them. He hit a total of 8 of them and killed 6. This should be a good lesson to other hunters, if someone is dumb enough to hunt on private land, you may want to keep an eye on them until they leave the A.O.

This is another example of why I am in favor of the death penalty. As tight as state budgets are in this country, around 35K-40K annually will be keeping this guy alive for the next 20 years.

derek said:
This is another example of why I am in favor of the death penalty. As tight as state budgets are in this country, around 35K-40K annually will be keeping this guy alive for the next 20 years.

While I wouldn't mind seeing this guy fry, I'm still running up against the "how do we make 100% certain that NO innocent person gets the death penalty" problem.

OTOH, if this guy was going to be sent to the tent city in AZ that that sheriff is running, I wouldn't mind my tax $$ going to keep him there in misery for the rest of his life. it's knowing that tax $ will pay for his education, cable TV, and for all I know, Playboy subscriptions that bother me.

Ross

In cases such as this one where there is no question on the conviction, execution should be the penalty.

derek said:
In cases such as this one where there is no question on the conviction, execution should be the penalty.

Who decides?

If you can write that down so that it passes legal muster, you should sent it to Mitt Romney... his attempt to do so was a joke.

I'm not disagreeing with you that some perps just gotta die, I just don't want to have any possibility that an innocent person gets executed. It's HOW to ensure it that concerns me... Personally, I'd like to see this guy fry, right in line behind John Lee Malvo & BTK.

Ross

Back
Top Bottom