Deer butchers list near Newton MA?

A Arena & Sons in Hopkinton.

Just had them butcher a deer for me. They did a great job and very reasonably priced. They charge a flat rate of $100 to butcher a deer.

A Arena & Sons in Hopkinton.

Just had them butcher a deer for me. They did a great job and very reasonably priced. They charge a flat rate of $100 to butcher a deer.
Anyone else? The suckers told me to wait for half a day for me to bring the deer and they now say that they cannot take it still

If you can watch a couple YouTube videos and do it yourself not that hard. I have done a dozen or so and it comes out better I don't have to wait for the butcher and I get more meat and I can spend the $ 100 on beer

There's a guy in Bridgewater. Can't think of the name though.

Sent from my mobile phone from behind enemy lines.

If you want to hop on the pike and head west, Stearns in Charlton will do it for you. Can't you ask someone at your sportsman's club?

YouTube and bass pro has everything you need.
get a meat grinder and make burger for any thing you screw up till ya get good.[smile]

YouTube and bass pro has everything you need.
get a meat grinder and make burger for any thing you screw up till ya get good.[smile]

Just did one yesterday, the Bass Pro hand crank meat grinder from China...IS A PIECE OF JUNK! It went back today, and they didn't seen surprised!

Now that im doing my own deer i bit the bullet and ordered a LEM .25hp grinder. I didn't want to spend that kind of money but its all stainless and should last a long time

Better off learning to do it yourself...you'll get better as you go...I've done four of my own and have it down pat now...plus you can pick and choose what you want to do with your cuts as you go instead of having to tell the butcher when you drop it off what you want, not that its a big deal but I like having the option of making the decision as I go.

Sometimes doing your own butchering can be a lot of work by yourself. Get prepared for a future deer, get the knives and freezer bag system. Keep your knives sharp. I have a couple of hunting buddies and when one bags a deer we have a butchering group party kind of. A few beers and some hunting stories .

Sometimes doing your own butchering can be a lot of work by yourself. Get prepared for a future deer, get the knives and freezer bag system. Keep your knives sharp. I have a couple of hunting buddies and when one bags a deer we have a butchering group party kind of. A few beers and some hunting stories .
That's the best way to do it couple buddies some brews and tunes we cut up two deer in one night.
The kitchen aid grinder attachment for the mixer works really good too.

IMHO - it is a good skill to learn - butchering your own game! I totally agree!!

I've always butchered my own deer. It isn't that hard. The toughest part is cooling the meat down IMHO. Helps to have another refrigerator to cool down the sections once they warm up too much and become too flexible. Pop it back in the frige and grab another section, etc. Sharp knives help and make sure you are able to keep track/contain/control the darn TICKS!!! Most come off the body of the deer in 24 hrs.

Gut it, keep cavity open to cool (toss a bag of ice or two in there), hang to remove the skin (I triple bag it and toss it - I HATE ticks! LOL), quarter it up or whatever to get pieces in refrigerator to cool down the pieces (over night). THEN the work really begins! That was the east part. Keep area clean is important. Let me repeat, keeping the area CLEAN is important. I know what has happened to my deer when I eat it. I don't know what happens to it when it gets done anywhere else. That is all I am going to say.

Vacuum seal meat - will keep a long time in deep freeze. If not, wrap in clear wrap then double butcher paper it and label accordingly (year & cut - tag # if you give meat away).

Bones you can saw up and use for soup stock, too. Organ meat is great! Don't toss the heart out!

YMMV.

Last edited:
I have never hunted, but eventually might try it out. How much meat (lbs) do you get from a deer?

I always get mine processed at a local place. I did my first one myself (with help of the guys I was hunting with), but the processor does a much better job: de-boned, vacuum sealed, labeled, dated, etc.. Cost is $55-$75 depending on dressed weight. For me, it's a no-brainer.

Back
Top Bottom