• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Dedham Police Officer Arrested In Connection With Avon Kidnapping

A badge is a badge...

- - - Updated - - -

"Most" people only see a "Badge", they don't see the shape, color or what is written on them, they only see a shinny badge, unless it's star shaped, then they see cowboys and indians. [smile]

this 100%

Mailman with a gun.

Most don't carry and some couldn't qualify for a LTC.

Is there a constable union ?

Unsure if serious!

No. There are 2 state orgs in MA that don't trust each other and there is nothing that I would call a true "organization" . . . they are just both opportunities to advertise in hopes of getting business from lawyers.

Unsure if serious!

I'm totally serious.

I would think would have to have been a union to lobby the state convince them that it takes a special person to deliver papers.

Kind of like police on details,somewhere along the line somebody convinced somebody that,unlike 48 other states,only a cop is professional enough to direct traffic or watch DVD's in their cruiser making $60 an hour on the taxpayers dime.

My point being if you hear hoof-beats you don't automatically think of zebras . . . you think of horses. Constables are rather obscure and even if you don't know badges/shapes, one would more likely think of police rather than a very obscure quasi-LE functionary. Very few constables wear uniforms, many don't display any badge at all. Thus, to me the story sounds fishy.

This is the only logical reason that witnesses might have reported them as constables, I suppose.

Yes. But finding a DA to prosecute would be challenge unless they can make it into a high profile case (like this one perhaps).

--------------------

I understand that many here wouldn't know the proper badge for the proper office. I'll admit it probably is hard to tell when the boot is on your neck. [rofl]

You know way more about constables than most people. Don't assume that was is trivial common knowledge to you is even something the rest of us would even know to ask about.

"constable" means to most people what it means in westerns: A branch of law enforcement.

Recognizing uniforms, or even knowing weather a particular branch is supposed to wear one, is not something most people could do.

people with guns and badges come to your door, they're wearing black BDUs and balaclavas. Are they local police? Are they DHS? Some local kids playing a joke?

People with guns and badges come to your door, they're wearing blue uniforms. Are they really police? Did the local cops or the staties change their uniforms recently?

How the hell is someone to know? There's no public input to law enforcement attire or badge design, so there's no way someone who doesn't soak in the stuff could reasonably keep track of it.

I'm totally serious.

I would think would have to have been a union to lobby the state convince them that it takes a special person to deliver papers.

Kind of like police on details,somewhere along the line somebody convinced somebody that,unlike 48 other states,only a cop is professional enough to direct traffic or watch DVD's in their cruiser making $60 an hour on the taxpayers dime.

I was none too popular in the state org I used to belong to (I resigned twice due to this), but I really wish there were required training and an appointment process which would weed out bozos. As it is now, it is what I call a "beauty contest", whereby if you know the right people or pay them off (Boston, Randolph and some other places charge $400-700 to get appointed - and this is illegal) and in some cases required to donate to political campaigns, anyone can be appointed.

And FWIW, we are expected to do this job for fees that are chicken feed and in many cases after mileage expenses pay less than minimum wage.

No,kind of like a mall cop,but with less authority.[thinking]

Actually with a lot of statutory authority more than police officers in fact, however PDs have usurped almost all of it so that if a constable were to actually try to do most of what is still in MGL (back from 1600s and 1700s) they'd get slapped down very hard (and also not paid for it).

Recognizing uniforms, or even knowing weather a particular branch is supposed to wear one, is not something most people could do.

people with guns and badges come to your door, they're wearing black BDUs and balaclavas. Are they local police? Are they DHS? Some local kids playing a joke?

People with guns and badges come to your door, they're wearing blue uniforms. Are they really police? Did the local cops or the staties change their uniforms recently?

How the hell is someone to know? There's no public input to law enforcement attire or badge design, so there's no way someone who doesn't soak in the stuff could reasonably keep track of it.

thus further demonstrating that the AG doesn't give two shits about public safety. if Marcia's office cared one bit, they would be educating the public to protect them from such traps.

according to Marcia, impersonated constable -> fatal kidnapping isn't nearly as important as a 10lb trigger pull and LCI.

So, licensed gun owner gets bagged in a questionable stop and search for carrying on university property, gets $100,000 bail. Cop is busted for complicity in a kidnapping/murder, gets $5,000 bail. Yeah, tell me it's all about the flight risk....

"Most" people only see a "Badge", they don't see the shape, color or what is written on them, they only see a shinny badge, unless it's star shaped, then they see cowboys and indians. [smile]
Obligatory:

[wink] White Feather

Last edited by a moderator:
Update:

Remains of Avon man missing nearly 2 years found

The family of a missing Avon man confirmed Tuesday that their son's remains were found in Upton this weekend, almost two years to the day he went missing in 2014.

"They just confirmed it tonight," said David Robertson, the father of the missing James Robertson.

He added that his son's remains were found by a hunter in Upton on Saturday,

http://www.wcvb.com/news/remains-of-avon-man-missing-nearly-2-years-found/37182450

Four men have been charged in Robertson's disappearance to date.

Alfred Ricci, 46, of Canton and Scott Morrison, 48, of Norfolk are accused of showing up with badges and guns that day and telling Robertson they were taking him for a supposed probation-related urine test.

Prosecutors say the men took Robertson to James Feeney, 45, of Dedham, who orchestrated the kidnapping, using drug debts the men owed him as leverage, court documents show.

Michael Schoener, a former Dedham police officer, was charged with accessory before the fact of kidnapping and was released after posting $5,000 bail last August.

Schoener is accused of providing his Dedham Police Department-issued badge, handcuffs and empty holster to the "mastermind of the kidnapping,"

This proves that hunters are a valuable resource, because they find the missing bodies.

Back
Top Bottom