• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Decisions, decisions

Twigg

NES Member
I'm already thinking about the next Henry group buy (if it doesn't happen I'll get one anyway) I'll be getting a Big Boy, color case hardened in .44 magnum or .45lc; I want a revolver as a companion piece, the question is which one? I'd like to pick the hive mind of NES on this. I'm thinking a single action to match it.

Who might make a color cased revolver in either caliber ?

Uberti's are nice...

ca514m00-cavalry-sbltfullimage.jpg

I'll help you spend your money too. I had a Winchester 94 Trapper length in .44 Mag. It was a great shooter. The .44 living in the pipe for that much longer has more felt recoil than I thought it would. I had a Uberti Henry in .45 LC and it was much milder. In my humble opinion though if I could only purchase one pistol cartridge lever gun it would be a .357. Inexpensive to shoot by comparison and just a roar to plink with. I would do Uberti as well... or one can step right up to the plate for a Colt. Buy Colt Single Action Army Color Case Hardened - 5.5" .357 Mag for $5,795.00 | P1650Z and Traditions Frontier Series 1863 Single Action Revolver .45 Long Colt 5.5" Barrel 6 Rounds Case Hardened Finish Walnut Grips SAT73-003 | Cheaper Than Dirt

Last edited:
Uberti's are nice...

ca514m00-cavalry-sbltfullimage.jpg
Watch out for the puddle of drool on the floor. Down the rabbit hole I go. [laugh]

Never thought about .357, that opens things up quite a bit. Should be enough for varmint control & affordable enough for plinking. I've been wanting a super redhawk after trying one a friend has up at camp. But that Uberti !:cool:
I keep seeing that in my minds eye next to the Henry with a long tube Malcolm 'scope mounted on top. Perfection. [smile]

Back
Top Bottom