• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Decided to buy the P229/.40

yanici

NES Member
[banana][banana][banana][banana]

Been going back and forth on this purchase (Sig 229/.40) and decided to jump in. I guess the Sigs have been coming with one mag, but this one came NIB with two of them(manufacture date on case says May 2009). And, for $790 I couldn't walk away. Also, Sig is giving out STL-100 high intensity flashlights along with paddle holsters during their June promotion.

Anyway, I never owned a semi pistol before and gotta learn the cleaning/ lubing/ general maintenance on it. The 229 strips down real easy. Gotta find out what it likes to eat in practice and carry rounds. Any and all advice is more than welcome. Chime in with your words of wisdom.

I bought one used a few years back. Once I got it home and cleaned it, I never had a single FTF or FTE. For practice ammo, I always buy whatever is the cheapest. I cannot tell you the number of boxes of wolf ammo that has gone through that thing. When the cheap wolf stuff was no longer available, I switched to aluminum blazer.

Enjoy it! It's a great pistol.

sigs will eat pretty much anything. I've heard people suggest that sigs are picky eaters, but that's pure BS, IMO. I've never had one ftf or fte in several thousand rounds of various target and defensive ammo.

Very nice choice. Sigs have a reputation for wanting to be run wet, at least when new. Also, mine (a 229 9mm) needed a bit of break in as it wouldn't lock the slide back at the end of a mag when it was new. I ran a couple of boxes of 147gr through it and it's been fine ever since.

My next gun will be a P220.

i'm thinking of buying the same gun.let me know how it shoots. looked at one today,it was 869.00, 790.00?? let me know where.

I got the 229 at Bob's shooting range in Salisbury. It was the only one on the shelf. I asked about availability and was told that they get them in sporadically. I don't know if they can order one for you or not. Either way it looks like a long haul for you to get up to Salisbury.

Use Mil-Comm grease on the slide and oil everywhere else!! A brochure should have came with your new gun, it is what Sig recommends. I have used other oils and nothing compares to this grease/lubricant. It is pricey, but worth it. Cheapest price I have been able to find is listed on MidwayUSA. If anyone has another site where the price is lower, please chime in. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom