• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Decent Low To Mid Priced 9MM AR Glock Mag Compatible With LRBHO

Since my search skills really stink, I thought I would ask my fellow NES'rs to help me find potential candidates for a new AR as described in the title. It will be a range toy/plinker. I saw a Diamondback at my LGS that fit the bill for $769 but know nothing about them. In previous searches , it seems that Glock mag compatible and last round bolt hold open AR's were not plentiful, at least not the less expensive ones. I'd love a Wilson AR, but that ain't gonna happen. Anyway, I appreciate any and all suggestions/comments .

Its not an ar put have you seen the new ruger pistol caliber carbine. It can take glock mags and breaks down like a 10/22 takedown. Runs about 500.00

RugerPCC-2-675x325.jpg

After having looked into the sort of gun you want in the past, I had not discovered a lot of low priced, accepts Glock mags, reliable options. While I have not handled one a reasonable alternative looks like a PC9 or a Sub2K if you can find one configured as you want it for msrp or less.

Its not an ar put have you seen the new ruger pistol caliber carbine. It can take glock mags and breaks down like a 10/22 takedown. Runs about 500.00

RugerPCC-2-675x325.jpg

I saw that, and I might have to settle for that, but I really want an AR style.
Not PSA I can tell you that.

PSA is out because no LRBHO, but why do you say no to PSA, did/do you have one?

After having looked into the sort of gun you want in the past, I had not discovered a lot of low priced, accepts Glock mags, reliable options. While I have not handled one a reasonable alternative looks like a PC9 or a Sub2K if you can find one configured as you want it for msrp or less.

Already have a Sub2K and really would rather stay with an AR style. I'm hoping that someone who has or knows someone who has a Diamondback sees and responds to my thread.

Hadn't heard of this co. before, so I checked out their website. They have a complete lower for $290 and complete side charging upper is $553 so about $80 more than the Diamondback I saw at the LGS, not too bad. Not interested in building anything, I want a complete rifle. My only question would be, is this rifle "better" than the Diamondback? Actually, another question is, are most of these companies uppers and or lowers compatible with each other or is each ones upper and lower proprietary?

They are compatible for the most part but, some companies build their LRBHO into the lower. So be careful to make sure you don't buy a lower and an upper that both have LRBHOs they would inevitably conflict.

Personally, after doing considerable research on LRBHOs, the style on the upper I linked to is the only one I would want to use. It's simple, easily adjusted if necessary, easily cleaned and reliable. New Frontier Armory is a good company. My only complaint is the size of their logo engraved on the lowers. [laugh]

Last edited:
Have you considered a drop-in magwell adapter? The Stern Defense model is getting great reviews, and features LRBHO. It would be a cheaper alternative; just drop it in an existing lower, and pick up/build a 9mm upper of your choosing.

Review/explanation here:

The Rock River ARms conversion block ($175) allows you to use your existing EBR populated lower with any AR15 9x19 upper. The only catch is you need Colt mags or re-notched UZI mags, so it does not meet your Glock mag requirement.

If you live in MA your cost is going to be higher and your options more limited. I recently went down the same road as OP. You will most likely have to buy an aftermarket upper with LRBHO. New frontier armory sells them. Be warned that LRBHO on this is kind of gimmicky. You'll have to look it up to see, but mine is not reliable. NFA says it can take some tuning.

Feel free to PM if you have any questions.

why do you say no to PSA, did/do you have one?

Yes, all sorts of issues. Much of it i have sorted out, but still not completely.

FTEs, FTFs, accuracy issues, and the best part is with the original trigger you never know how many rounds your going to get.

Sometimes you pull the trigger and get one, release and get another...sometimes you just get one total, or an occasional three. I was waiting for it to go full auto but it hasn't happened.

Yes, all sorts of issues. Much of it i have sorted out, but still not completely.

FTEs, FTFs, accuracy issues, and the best part is with the original trigger you never know how many rounds your going to get.

Sometimes you pull the trigger and get one, release and get another...sometimes you just get one total, or an occasional three. I was waiting for it to go full auto but it hasn't happened.

Thanks, good to know!

I finally got out to check the JP 9x19 AR upper on a standard lower with a Rock River conversion unit and a 9mm buffer/spring assembly.

Worked wonderfully. Sighted in for 50 ft (for USPSA PCC competiton); all rounds touching. That sight in gives about 4" high at 50 ft, but it's easy to adjust to a preset elevation with the Vortex Spitfire 1x red/green illuminated reticle scope.

If you want high end, and already have a lower in the DPRM, this is the way to go. Conversion is easy enough you can do it to one of your 223/556 guns and easily swap back.

Back
Top Bottom