Death threat question?

I believe that in MA emails or text messages are just idle conversation and can't be used like a written piece of paper. etc. At least that's the way it is in real estate.

The standards used for contract law in MA are very different from the standards used for LTC issuance/revocation. For example, heresay is specifically allowed to determine suitability (Sherborne v. Moyer)

Hey guys and gals...I don't post on here much but I love the information and classified adds. My wife was threatened indirectly from her ex in a text message. It was a text from him to one of his friends...saying that he was having an AR-15 built. After we got one restraining order the judge decided that ten days was enough. But we explained that he said in a text message that he was having a AR built for obvious bad reasons. Now I have many toys myself...I served 4 years in the Corps. This idiot doesn't even know what an AR is. But the fact that the judge had to ask the bailiff what an AR is when my wife was in the court room blew my mind. I was pissed and I still am...my wife's ex just took the class this last saturday. So I know he's going to be applying for his LTC soon. I need help...is there anyway, or anyone that I can talk to about this? I don't think it's right that the dumbass judge let that go!!! My wife's ex is a tool...and I want to stop him from getting his LTC because he made a written text message threat. I need ideas and quick! Thanks

Bring evidence to the issuing PD person in charge.

if i made a list of how many times i have been "indirectly threatened" it would be one damn long list.
even more absurd would be if i actually RESPONDED to each "indirect threat".
at some point a human has to make this thing called an ASSESSMENT as to whether their life is in jeopardy.
if imminent danger does not exist, then i rub my nuts and move on to the next challenge today brings.

Judge is definitely an AK guy ... AR built? you mean aluminum like a beer can?

Right or wrong, it sounds to me like you need to talk to the xbf or get yourself a reality show.

I don't know if it's lack of writing ability or what, but there's really not enough context here to understand what it is that the ex allegedly meant, or even said.

Without context, someone saying "I'm building an AR15" hardly constitutes a threat.

to this day, monkeys and apes do this

monkeys-fighting-8565713.jpg

to do this:

Adult-male-and-female-dusky-leaf-monkeys-mating-in-tree.jpg

you need to establish who is the alpha between you and the "tool", it's that simple. If you can't, you can shit on his porch or send lawyers after him, but in the end your woman will leave you anyway.

I am pretty sure that if a restraining order has ever been issued to a person (a legitamite one or not...) you are PDQ'd in MA forever for an LTC (suitability)....

This is not true. In a red town it may, but I know someone in a green town that had one many years ago and had no problem getting LTC

Last edited:
It's possible it was an innocent text to his friend who is a gun person. He's excited about the classes, and just wants to share his enthusiasm.

High school drama. [banghead] This is why the courts are all jammed up.

Damn right. This country is ****ing full of it. Decades ago the high school teen age drama went away when most people made it to you know.....their twenties. These days the high school drama seems to stick around longer as the pussification of America continues to evolve.

OP in my opinion you are looking to have the government solve your problems for you. Have you considered calling the "ex" up and having a conversation with him? A non threatening adult conversation? I speak from personal experience here when my wife was getting unwanted attention in the form of text messages from a former male friend.....she told him repeatedly to stop. Did I call the cops or expect someone from the "establishment" to handle this for me? No......I simply called him.....from her phone. "Hey this is XXXXX husband......she has repeatedly told you to stop texting her........I suggest you stop".......his answer was a simple....."sorry dude". He never texted again......problem solved.

See.....sometimes you just need to be an adult male and try to solve the problem by ......you know.....communicating with someone first. And yes.......if the problem had not been solved by my initial conversation the police would have been contacted.......have you thought of calling the dude?

Last edited:
Maybe the OP could just tell us exactly what it was that was texted, if he even knows. If not, then this is all pointless. I mean without it being a real threat its a pretty dick move to try and take someone else's rights away through this state's BS system.

This is not true. In a red town it may, but I know someone in a green town that had one many years ago and had no problem getting LTC

I had a BS one put on me as leverage in an extended family money dispute over my grandmothers estate. She actually took out two separate temp RO's. I lost custody of guns, ammo and unrestricted LTC for several weeks until I went to court for the date of the temp RO extension. Judge saw it for what it was, complete BS and the complainant was a nut. The judge tossed the temp RO and my stuff was returned. No issues with my renewal of LTC a few years later. The detective in charge of LTC's is cool and he knew the whole situation. I'm in a green town.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe the OP could just tell us exactly what it was that was texted, if he even knows. If not, then this is all pointless. I mean without it being a real threat its a pretty dick move to try and take someone else's rights away through this state's BS system.

This.

I'm really really uncomfortable with the idea of using this state's bullsh!t suitability garbage as a sledgehammer against someone who might be tool, jerk, upset ex, etc. but not a threat to anyone. The restraining laws are complete BS too and if a judge won't give a woman an extension for the RO (I know it's meaningless paper), I don't think there is much of a threat here. If there was an RO, that DQ's him for the LTC anyway.

I think the ex is just a blowhard who is jealous he's not with the OP's wife. The talk about building an AR sounds like something you'd hear from a blowhard at a gun shop. If he wanted to harm her, I'm sure he's bigger than her, he could stab her, strangle her, get an illegal gun, burn her house down, you name it. And as someone else said, if he wanted to harm her, he wouldn't be talking about it, he would have already done it.

The OP should just move on and he and her should live their lives.

Last edited:
to this day, monkeys and apes do this

monkeys-fighting-8565713.jpg

to do this:

Adult-male-and-female-dusky-leaf-monkeys-mating-in-tree.jpg

you need to establish who is the alpha between you and the "tool", it's that simple. If you can't, you can shit on his porch or send lawyers after him, but in the end your woman will leave you anyway.

Nicely put. I think we are in agreement her......however I think I put it more "eloquently" in my response......but.......BRAVO for dumbing it down to the lowest level! [smile]

Have you wife sign up for a class before his.

Maybe she'll be able to get her license first and defend herself if attacked.

Back
Top Bottom