Death of the ACSS ACOGs

I have been searching for a TA44 with the ACSS reticle and noticed recently that Primary Arms dropped the items from their website.
I called Trijicon and they said that the ACSS is proprietary to PA and PA is no longer letting other vendors use it.

Sad day [crying]

I guess an LPVO might be in my future instead.

Those little 1.5x ACOGs are excellent. If you want one you should see if you can track one down before they're gone forever.

Eurooptic seems to have the best prices on the TA44s, they just don't have the ACSS. It looks like it's been out of the lineup since at least 2019 so you might truly be SOL at this point.

I was noticing this recently because I was keeping an eye on when the 4x ACOG with the Aurora ACSS reticle was going to come back in stock.

Big bummer. The Aurora reticle with a TA31 ACOG was like peanut butter and jelly.

Last edited:
I also don't know if Trijicon will service/refresh the 1.5x acogs, so any you find out there for sale might already have 2 years chewed off the tritium life.

I also don't know if Trijicon will service/refresh the 1.5x acogs, so any you find out there for sale might already have 2 years chewed off the tritium life.
I am 99.99% certain they will service them. They are ACOGs. They are made by Trijicon. It’s just a different reticle on the glass.

I might have it wrong. I thought I had read somewhere at one point that they wouldn’t replace the lamps in the mini acogs. Maybe I’m confusing it with the old RMRs.

I might have it wrong. I thought I had read somewhere at one point that they wouldn’t replace the lamps in the mini acogs. Maybe I’m confusing it with the old RMRs.
Oh, I thought you were saying because it’s a PA reticle.

I’d still be surprised if they stopped servicing the TA-44s all together. But I could be wrong.

Still though, the tritium isn’t the main draw of ACOGs. Their fiber optics stay bright even in the low lume of dawn and dusk. I’ve actually never had working tritium in any of the ACOGs I’ve used (including a new one I bought), and never cared. If I need to make a shot at night, I’d either be illuminating the target with white light and the black reticle will stand out, or I’ll be using an IR laser or passively aiming through an offset red dot with nods.

But I am curious if you can dig up what it was you saw about discontinuing service of TA44s.

Woah, really? I had not heard that before. That could be a deal breaker for me.

It can’t be right - they bolt together the same as the regular ones. I must be thinking of the dual illumination rmr. I have both and I just remember being disappointed about it. [laugh]

But I am curious if you can dig up what it was you saw about discontinuing service of TA44s.

I’m unintentionally spreading ugly, untrue Internet rumors. And based on their CS reputation I bet they’d still find a way to help you out if you had an out of warranty rmr with no life left in it.

Last edited:
Got one on my Tavor X-95 556 - I wish somebody made a battery illuminator for it. When shooting from shade into sunlight the reticle is pretty weak.

Back
Top Bottom