Deals At Gun Shows??

Hey guys
Im looking to stock up on .308 and someone said try a gun show. I've never been to one. Do they even sell ammo? Is there good deals?

Have not looked at ammo prices at the show lately. But when it comes to firearms, i swear that most, if not all of the vendors jack the prices up at the show. Even the beef jerkey place is not a great deal anymore. :)
Ammo by the case used to have a good price at the shows, But i have a hard time beating the winchester white value boxes at wally world now a days.

No deals for for me at recent gun shows. Manchester gun show was like 10-15% markup on some ammos. Search the Walmarts and local gun shops for deals. You just got to be patient. Also it helps if your rifle/handgun chews through any ammo :)

Do your homework and keep in mind a list of prices found on the net from distributors/sellers. Anyone who has never found a deal at a gun show either has had bad luck or just didn't know what they were looking at. I've gotten ammo deals and gun deals at shows and its always from a vendor who has no idea what the item is worth.

Gun shows are like the lottery, you can't win if you don't play.

the days of the shows coincidentally are the busiest days in the shops. Get a feel for what you want at the show, then go to the store and order it for 50-80 dollars less.

the days of the shows coincidentally are the busiest days in the shops. Get a feel for what you want at the show, then go to the store and order it for 50-80 dollars less.

That makes perfect sense and i have been guilty of that in the past.

PS: The jerkey was MUCH better when they used to have large slabs and chopped it up to order. Oh and same with the smoked cheeses as well. Once they started soaking it in pineapple juice and vacu packed them, they sucked. IMO that is.

If you cant walk through a gun show and have some fun looking at all the guns, accessories and junk then maybe you should sell all your guns and take up knitting.

Right now, you'd be lucky just to find .308 in stock, anywhere, much less good prices.

At the last 3 shows I found ammo deals at both Manchester and Concord, you really need to know what you're looking for, your "buy it now" price, and be willing to haggle. Prices vary wildly from table to table, sometimes I'd walk to the next row and find a guy selling basically the same ammo at half the price.

OTOH, at Concord I passed up $40/75 rounds of milsurp .308 in bandoliers, came back around just in time to see him sell the last one... you snooze, you lose.

P.S. So far none of the shows I've been to in NH had jerky.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom