• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Deals and steals

I've been looking for one of these and $112 is by far the best price I've found. They are $155 on Amazon and $145 on the CTK website.
$142.99 ?

I've been looking for one of these and $112 is by far the best price I've found. They are $155 on Amazon and $145 on the CTK website.
Not sure what is so ultimate about that CTK when it doesn't hold the barrel.

I bought this one which is a copy of the Tipton:

Amazon product ASIN B0BK9CPFCLView: https://www.amazon.com/VISE-TEK-Heavy-Duty-Gunsmithing-Maintenance/dp/B0BK9CPFCL/ref=sxin_22_ci_mcx_mi_sr_m_ts?content-id=amzn1.sym.aa93b71e-8967-4942-af66-ee8e4ce56290%3Aamzn1.sym.aa93b71e-8967-4942-af66-ee8e4ce56290&crid=3I7Z7NI55BPCK&cv_ct_cx=visetek+gun+vise&keywords=visetek+gun+vise&pd_rd_i=B0BK9CPFCL&pd_rd_r=ab04b96f-10e1-4ff7-9b18-f6f4276d4ed1&pd_rd_w=YWFHz&pd_rd_wg=G6jJ9&pf_rd_p=aa93b71e-8967-4942-af66-ee8e4ce56290&pf_rd_r=RYX8XMBYXAPG18CBXBF5&qid=1678249259&sprefix=vise+tek+gun+vise%2Caps%2C101&sr=1-1-15be45fb-58b3-41e1-8342-bd2037f96cb3

I love it. It is solid, has a nice weight to it and the rifle is not going anywhere.

Maybe? OK, now is it 4? Triple, double, 4 of what "stamp" I don't know.

Wait, is Canadian Club actually Canadian, or is it just a name, like French fries, French toast, English muffins?

Is it a specific reason, or just "'cause Canada"?

Back before Murricans became "whiskey snobs," Canadian whiskey was the biggest thing in the states. Canadian Club alone was huge. Some time in the last 25 or so years ago, the bloom fell off the rose. There is nothing wrong with your basic Canadian whiskey. They tend to be rye's, IIRC. And smooth and mild in flavor. But I believe that lack a lot of character. I can't taste hints of tobacco, short ribs, cherry stems and a hot chippies cooch when tasting whiskey so I'm probably AOK in drinking it. LOL

Back before Murricans became "whiskey snobs," Canadian whiskey was the biggest thing in the states. Canadian Club alone was huge. Some time in the last 25 or so years ago, the bloom fell off the rose. There is nothing wrong with your basic Canadian whiskey. They tend to be rye's, IIRC. And smooth and mild in flavor. But I believe that lack a lot of character. I can't taste hints of tobacco, short ribs, cherry stems and a hot chippies cooch when tasting whiskey so I'm probably AOK in drinking it. LOL
I just have an irrational disdain for Canadians, so I will not support the products from their country.

The quebecois in their faggy little speedos on my summer vacations as a child in maine bring repressed memories I dont care to revisit.

Link for that?

I dont see it as a store
Shit my bad, you have to go through the Spyderco site to do it(so used to going straight through Id.me but found the deal on slickdeals).

During the checkout you should get an Id.me box to click, it may take a few tries as it's trying to verify but it'll eventually work.
OpFocus - Spyderco

The quebecois in their faggy little speedos on my summer vacations as a child in maine bring repressed memories I dont care to revisit.
Lol, we referred to their faggy little speedos as plum smugglers🤣

One repressed memory was this dude with a huge gut strolling by the beach bar. One of his plums was hanging out😯🤢🤮

Shit my bad, you have to go through the Spyderco site to do it(so used to going straight through Id.me but found the deal on slickdeals).

During the checkout you should get an Id.me box to click, it may take a few tries as it's trying to verify but it'll eventually work.
OpFocus - Spyderco
Ahh, OK that makes sense now….as the ID.me program has some discounts —> but to get the OpFocus discount you have to be certify for the program

Spyderco's OpFocus program is now available online. Are you Active Duty Military, a Veteran, a Military Retiree, Law Enforcement, Fire Rescue, or a Medical Professional in the U.S.A.? Use the links below to verify eligibility with our partner ID.me and receive a special Spyderco discount. Please review the options carefully to ensure confirmation.

I just have an irrational disdain for Canadians, so I will not support the products from their country.

I must've hung out with better Canadians.

My harbor freight pistol case fell apart in about a year, for the same money I'd rather get one of those zip bags from midway or just about any other case they offer.
Really?

I have one of their big pistol cases for my 2 BFR, the case is tough AF. Combined both revolvers weight around 10-11lbs.

Really?

I have one of their big pistol cases for my 2 BFR, the case is tough AF. Combined both revolvers weight around 10-11lbs.
Maybe I got a dud.

I got two of these that have been phenominal:

If you want a hardwall I'd do one of these:

Free shipping with: FREESHIP022823

Be careful which American rye's you drink, then.

Seagrams is another big Canadian whiskey name. I had forgotten that. My dad was a CC fan. My uncles as well. Plus always a bottle of Beefeater gin around. I still use the Beefeater for G&T and Negroni.

I could go for a good Negroni right now. Wrong season. LOL. It's been a long day. It was "trading day." My eyes are crossed. I have no good deals except to recommend CD's from your local brokerage firm. Rates in the low to mid 5's current.

Maybe I got a dud.

I got two of these that have been phenominal:

If you want a hardwall I'd do one of these:

Free shipping with: FREESHIP022823
G.P.S. case @$110 looks pretty much identical to the $78 Savior case (that are really nice/heavy duty also)...

Be careful which American rye's you drink, then.

Seagrams is another big Canadian whiskey name. I had forgotten that. My dad was a CC fan. My uncles as well. Plus always a bottle of Beefeater gin around. I still use the Beefeater for G&T and Negroni.

I could go for a good Negroni right now. Wrong season. LOL. It's been a long day. It was "trading day." My eyes are crossed. I have no good deals except to recommend CD's from your local brokerage firm. Rates in the low to mid 5's current.

Have you tried Hendricks gin? For some reason I barely get a hangover from it. And it's tasty.

Back
Top Bottom