• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Deals and steals

For knives in that price range, look at ESEE, Becker, Bark River. Or get an actually high quality knife, for 2-3 times the price, and never look for another survival knife ever again. Fallkniven, TRC, Busse combat, and a few others.
you can just spend 30-40 times your budget and get a Rockstead. Their bargain bin knives run around $1500, but if you cough up $6500, you’ll get a really nice one.
I can't imagine killing a BK2 knife. I looked into Fallkniven a while ago and I was reading stuff about the laminated steel peeling or something?

I can't imagine killing a BK2 knife. I looked into Fallkniven a while ago and I was reading stuff about the laminated steel peeling or something?

For knives in that price range, look at ESEE, Becker, Bark River. Or get an actually high quality knife, for 2-3 times the price, and never look for another survival knife ever again. Fallkniven, TRC, Busse combat, and a few others.
you can just spend 30-40 times your budget and get a Rockstead. Their bargain bin knives run around $1500, but if you cough up $6500, you’ll get a really nice one.

And the commercial Becker knives are Ka-Bar.

Their stuff is really very good for the money even if it seems like "a lot."

Also, I would never crap on Morakniv stuff either. I beat the crap out of them batoning - excellent steel at a remarkably low price.

Last edited:

If I ever spent that much money on a knife, I would probably never use it. There are some beautiful knives out there, but I couldn't bring myself to carry a $200+ knife. It's why I don't buy pretty 1911s anymore, they just sit in the safe.

If I ever spent that much money on a knife, I would probably never use it. There are some beautiful knives out there, but I couldn't bring myself to carry a $200+ knife. It's why I don't buy pretty 1911s anymore, they just sit in the safe.
it is how i approach all my stuff including guns. if it is too expensive - it is pointless as you start caring too much about it. too cheap - useless, as it is crap.
so it is a constant pursuit for of something worthy in the middle.

I think there are a lot of options above a Ka-Bar standard fighting knife for the price. For a cheap mil-contract knife for stabby-stabby in 1945, it's great. But for use as a battle implement, it's not great. Tip will bend easily. Repeated strikes WILL bust the blade. It's a cool design, though.

I wonder how the Beckers are. I remember when Becker shut down and KB bought all their rights. Sad day. I had a Becker back then. No idea if I still do. ROFL!!

it is how i approach all my stuff including guns. if it is too expensive - it is pointless as you start caring too much about it. too cheap - useless, as it is crap.
so it is a constant pursuit for of something worthy in the middle.
Have you heard about arken scopes, sounds like they fit your criteria.

Maybe only buy factory seconds? If it's already scratched, you don't have to feel so bad using it like it's meant to be. (There's an apocryphal story about an Italian bike in there, but I'm not typing it on my phone)

dont` you joke about arkens, they are sacred.
[rofl]

ps. will be getting a 4th one in a week, btw. so, yeah, they do fit well...
Bang for the buck, right now I don't think you can beat an Arken. I've two myself and they compare favorably to scopes that cost me twice as much.

The real thing is when you're paying for looks and not just for function. If you're buying it as a work of art (like a Greg Derr 1911) you'd be foolish to beat the hell out of it. However, if you're buying it purely for function, you'd be equally foolish not to use it. I beat the hell out of my Barrett M82A1 even though it cost me way more than any other gun I own. But then that's what I got it for.

Palmetto State Armory .223/5.56 Black Nitride Fully Auto BCG​

$47.99
Plus $8.99 flat rate shippimg and a $2 processing fee. Not bad if you pick up a few.

dont` you joke about arkens, they are sacred.
[rofl]

ps. will be getting a 4th one in a week, btw. so, yeah, they do fit well...
Do you have an Arken EP5? They currently have a great deal going on, all the scopes are discounted and you get $170 off an accessory pack (rings, bubble level, throw lever, tshirt and stickers) and they donate to NSF / Navy Seal Foundation. A 5-25x EP5 comes out to <$500!

Do you have an Arken EP5? They currently have a great deal going on, all the scopes are discounted and you get $170 off an accessory pack (rings, bubble level, throw lever, tshirt and stickers) and they donate to NSF / Navy Seal Foundation. A 5-25x EP5 comes out to <$500!

Wow! That’s an absurdly low price for a 5x25x56 w/34mm tube. I’ve seen people post about these before and said they’re quite good.

yeah, got 2 ep5, sh4 that is ok but subpar compard to ep5, and ordered new elp4, will see how will that compare.
ep5 is a great scope, very clear glass, but, very heavy. to be honest - not much heavier than a vortex razor, really, but, still, heavy.
for precision rifles they are great, minus the wow factor, of course. but, the glass is good - just need to make sure you did not get a lemon.

Wow! That’s an absurdly low price for a 5x25x56 w/34mm tube. I’ve seen people post about these before and said they’re quite good.
it was going for a while now.

i presumed by now when people see me and arken in the same sentence - it is an automatic ignore. :)

Home Depot. Nice Flashlights for the price. Aluminum body’s heavy not cheap feeling at all. I grabbed the 1500 lumen one comes with a rechargeable battery for $26

Attachments

• 60DD3179-3535-4B1D-A46A-1CD9A8ACEFF8.jpeg
    60DD3179-3535-4B1D-A46A-1CD9A8ACEFF8.jpeg
    192.9 KB · Views: 53
  • DF914CBA-F647-47B7-BF0A-669D83407D82.jpeg
    DF914CBA-F647-47B7-BF0A-669D83407D82.jpeg
    343.1 KB · Views: 53
Maybe thats what it was, I love those socks though, worth it.
I don't even want to think of how much $$ I have invested in socks, all I own is DT now a days.
I have 6 dozen just for boat socks, 2dz to cover each season with the exception of spring/fall being the same ones

Ameriglo has a lot of pistol sights, many of them not normally stocked by the big online retailers (like a particular 3x Tall sight I wanted).

If you are going to buy from them directly you will pay a premium, but I can confirm a working 20% off code.

Code: COP

🐯

On the boats that's a big Negative, waste of fresh water. Im not one to rewear socks unless dire circumstances, doing up to 15 day trips which we run a watch & half each day so call it 23 pairs a trip as long you stay dry
Knowing this makes a difference. Now that we understand your situation is more unique, it makes way more sense.

Back
Top Bottom