• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Deals and steals

Sorry, Ive been getting blasted with Lands End deals. Not entirely my thing but I bought a few flannels and a sweatshirt from them recently so Im on their list now I guess. Anyway...

60% off, free ship, no minimum. Code "HAYBALE"

All Ballistic advantage on sale & some other brands too
I grabbed a Ballistic Advantage 223 Wylde Premium Black Series 14.5 Hanson Mid Length Stainless Barrel w/ Lo Pro Gas Block
Free shipping on barrels
one of best sales on aero ar10 stuff in long time. jump on it while it lasts.

Aero Precision M5 (.308) Assembled Upper Receiver - Anodized Black
$99.17
Aero Precision 308 Phosphate Bolt Carrier Group
$144.65
Aero Precision AR10 (.308) Charging Handle
$20.25

Sorry, Ive been getting blasted with Lands End deals. Not entirely my thing but I bought a few flannels and a sweatshirt from them recently so Im on their list now I guess. Anyway...

60% off, free ship, no minimum. Code "HAYBALE"

They have any mens clothes for men?

FYI that deal is now showing as out of stock. (Even the one with the free state mags).

Yup, with all the e-mails they send me, there was no notification for this one. No purchase limit and the banner is up with 13 hours left on the sale. I suppose good for them? Dang it.

Last edited:
What is the difference between the M5 and the M5 E1?
mostly, price. :)
different handguard mount system, M5 uses standard nut, E1 has their own design where handguard sits on the upper itself.

i am not even sure what it will be, i have one spare complete lower, and now got upper too, and bolt and handle - so, it will wait a bit.

mostly, price. :)
different handguard mount system, M5 uses standard nut, E1 has their own design where handguard sits on the upper itself.

i am not even sure what it will be, i have one spare complete lower, and now got upper too, and bolt and handle - so, it will wait a bit.
Thank you.

I did some reading. Looks like the E1 uses Aero handguards or some junk like that, sounds too complicated.

Thank you.

I did some reading. Looks like the E1 uses Aero handguards or some junk like that, sounds too complicated.
nah, it is not complicated, but, compared to a $99 price - not worth it. if E1 would be at $99, and handguard would be also with great discount - may be. otherwise, a generic is easier.

i think i will do - may be - an extra lite 6.5CM there. or a 338 federal. it will ripe during winter.

Last edited:
I keep tossing around idea of a 22 conversion kit. I should just do it
Get one of these and a tax stamp. Soooo friggin fun to shoot since it’s super compact and handy etc. The accuracy and quality is excellent. I like having a dedicated 22lr upper and not running 223 and 22lr through the same barrel. Just a preference.

Looks like the 16" is sold out

Get one of these and a tax stamp. Soooo friggin fun to shoot since it’s super compact and handy etc. The accuracy and quality is excellent. I like having a dedicated 22lr upper and not running 223 and 22lr through the same barrel. Just a preference.

Sorry for the ignorance, if one were to get a tax stamp can you change uppers? Say one for .22 LR and another for 5.56/.223? Or does it "marry" that upper to the lower?

Sorry for the ignorance, if one were to get a tax stamp can you change uppers? Say one for .22 LR and another for 5.56/.223? Or does it "marry" that upper to the lower?
Stamp goes on the lower.

If you really want to get your tax stamp mileage try to find something like a MGI hydra lower- it was modular with 3-4 different mag wells that were interchangeable

This is exactly what I did. That short 22lr upper is just plain fun to shoot. My son loves it.

I ordered all this.

Want to build a nice hunting AR 10.

What handguard, stock and barrel recommendations does NES have?

Not looking for sh*t. Want light and useful. Doesn't need to have 7' of rails, but also don't want some tiny lame rail and wish I had more.

Barrels, looking for something good that is good for hunting, but don't want a very light barrel.

Back
Top Bottom