• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Deals and steals

Awesome. Got it.
What upgrades it needs right away? Anything critical or I should learn it as is first?
What AJK said. Make sure everything works and you're able to print successfully. It should come with a small sample of (garbage quality) PLA filament, enough for like half a test piece.
So you should definitely get some more filament --> 1.75mm PLA in 1kg rolls. Inland brand from Microcenter is good stuff if you're nearby, otherwise eSun, Hatchbox, Overture and Reprapper have been good to me.

Afterwards, upgrade the bed springs to yellow springs or silicone, and replace with metal extruder, kit with both is $10-15.
Other optional QoL upgrades:
$10-35 Automatic Bed Level, many options(BL touch, CR touch, 3D touch, etc)
$10 capricorn ptfe tube
$20 PEI bed
$5 filament runout sensor
$20-60 dehydrator or filament dryer to dry "wet" filament.. oven can be used, but not recommended
$$$ Raspberry pi for octoprint --> remote managemnt software

I think we should start a new thread for 3D printing. And for those interested, yes, you can print reliable plastic lowers. No, it's not as straightforward as milling an AR lower.

What AJK said. Make sure everything works and you're able to print successfully. It should come with a small sample of (garbage quality) PLA filament, enough for like half a test piece.
So you should definitely get some more filament --> 1.75mm PLA in 1kg rolls. Inland brand from Microcenter is good stuff if you're nearby, otherwise eSun, Hatchbox, Overture and Reprapper have been good to me.

Afterwards, upgrade the bed springs to yellow springs or silicone, and replace with metal extruder, kit with both is $10-15.
Other optional QoL upgrades:
$10-35 Automatic Bed Level, many options(BL touch, CR touch, 3D touch, etc)
$10 capricorn ptfe tube
$20 PEI bed
$5 filament runout sensor
$20-60 dehydrator or filament dryer to dry "wet" filament.. oven can be used, but not recommended
$$$ Raspberry pi for octoprint --> remote managemnt software

I think we should start a new thread for 3D printing. And for those interested, yes, you can print reliable plastic lowers. No, it's not as straightforward as milling an AR lower.
there is a thread, but in a bit wrong forum:

it belongs to hardware for sure, but may be we can talk there - i will post some questions in there.

That Midway range bag with all the accessories is worth every penny of at least $100. I've had one for about 7 or 8 years. It's holding up very well. It does have s fading from weather but the zippers all still work in the straps are not torn.

This is a really good (if slightly large) range bag. It's been called out in several posts as one of the better ones out there. I have the original UTG version of this bag and it's great. The removable stage bag/ammunition carrier comes in handy for carrying your ammo at the range.

MidwayUSA Competition Range Bag System
Great bag. Have 3 of the 5.11 version

Folks around here probably remember 2017-2018 when Woot routinely sold the different lengths of the VISM by NcSTAR Double Carbine bag for under $50

Wish they were still doing that, the two I have are really very good.

🐯
Ha! Im using that exact rifle bag right now. Same color, same length. It's got some minor wear from being thrown around over the years, but it's still holding up!

I dont understand why people think 100-200 is alot for a printer when you think about the stuff you can make. I printed 3 dillon pieces this week that would have cost me $90 and thats only a start for what I have in mind. I also sell an item (not gun related) on ebay. I'm the only one selling it. cost me less than $2 to make. I sell for $40. I've sold maybe 150 pieces. You wont have to make much to get your money back, even if its stuff for yourself. I have 5 ender 3's up graded and an CR-10 pro V2. So dive in!!!

This one was under their "deals" section:

But THIS ONE seems like the better "DEAL" (let me know if I'm wrong here):

This one was under their "deals" section:

But THIS ONE seems like the better "DEAL" (let me know if I'm wrong here):
If I'm reading it right, the 900A has thicker cables (and bigger fuse), but otherwise they're the same. The 900 seems like the better deal!

I dont understand why people think 100-200 is alot for a printer when you think about the stuff you can make. I printed 3 dillon pieces this week that would have cost me $90 and thats only a start for what I have in mind. I also sell an item (not gun related) on ebay. I'm the only one selling it. cost me less than $2 to make. I sell for $40. I've sold maybe 150 pieces. You wont have to make much to get your money back, even if its stuff for yourself. I have 5 ender 3's up graded and an CR-10 pro V2. So dive in!!!
I actually need a list of cool shit i can make with them.

I want one but i feel like I'm not creative enough for one

For those looking for a nice selection of great EDC belts (or just a nice leather belt), Hanks Belts is having a Fall sale. 20% off sitewide with code FALL20.

Good sale on these stick-on car badges! FJB Edition Fender Badge Emblem

Hand_Holding_Green_BG_480x480.jpg

Frank

Magpul M-LOK Vertical Grip on sale at Brownells for $14.99

This is for the grey, FDE, OD green, but sorry the black is the regular $21.80

Note: It probably doesn't need to be said, but I will say it anyway for clarity, these are M-LOK direct attachment and shouldn't be confused with their MVG picatinny mount grip.

🐯

Glock 22lr slide = $240 (gen 3 g17, 19, and 26)

Looks to be the same as Advantage Arms that I paid $300 for. I shoot 22lr Glock every week. Tons of fun, saves on ammo costs big time, helps develop fundamentals.
It's mostly reliable and you'll need to clean it often. Everyone needs this tho

Last edited:
Glock 22lr slide = $240 (gen 3 g17, 19, and 26)

Looks to be the same as Advantage Arms that I paid $300 for. I shoot 22lr Glock every week. Tons of fun, saves on ammo costs big time, helps develop fundamentals.
It's mostly reliable and you'll need to clean it often. Everyone needs this tho
Will it work with gen 2?

Back
Top Bottom