Deals and steals

RCBS Chargemaster Supreme, on sale for $379, plus brownells has a $45 off 300+. bringing it down to $334.00 Shipping is $8 though.
If you buy from Brownells atleast a few times a year then look into the Edge program for $50 a year that gives you free shipping including 2 day shipping

If you buy from Brownells atleast a few times a year then look into the Edge program for $50 a year that gives you free shipping including 2 day shipping

Just renewed a few weeks ago after maybe a six month lapse. On balance it is a very good deal for those ordering more than a couple times a year.

One note though, as a member when you place an order it will default to free 5-day edge shipping, you have to change the drop down box to 2-day shipping manually before confirming.

Example, I have had charging handle that I forgot to add to a previous order, no problem go back in place another order for just that $17.84 item and it will ship FedEx 2-day. Honestly I am suprised after a few years the service is still only $49.99.

BTW Brownells is great but wish they used UPS as FedEx continues to suck donkey balls.

🐯

This is what I was referring to: With No Warning UPS Cancels Brownells' & Ghost Guns' Accounts-May 'Seize and Destroy' Packages

Also since this is a deals thread, these aren't too bad for the price (although they have been on sale for $5): Primary Arms Non-Padded 2-Point Sling - OD Green

Yeah - I wonder though, recent events where 80% stuff is starting to be cleared as not actually being a firearm (government-wise, the citizens here on NES never thought so), if this will calm down and slip away.

Initially 80% stuff was being framed as "illegal" to ship directly to consumers, and coming up on the date UPS took that stance. Now it's looking like potentially it will become business as usual. I don't see UPS as woke, more so confused about what the law actually is and not wanting to aid in illegal activity.

Aero is having a 20% off thing, probably not the cheapest we ever pay for Aero stuff but certainly is non butt rape and the added plus of straight from the manufacturer.

Also interesting, they are hiring like crazy in their new location - 100 positions open. They had moved to escape a non gun friendly city, was related to a ridiculous anti gun tax - they basically said "ok phuck you" and moved where they were welcomed and recieved a tax break there even.

Aero_Mobile_LaborDay-2.jpg

Aero is having a 20% off thing,

Also interesting, they are hiring like crazy in their new location - 100 positions open. They had moved to escape a non gun friendly city, was related to a ridiculous anti gun tax - they basically said "ok phuck you" and moved where they were welcomed and recieved a tax break there even.

And yet when it comes to even unregulated items... "We currently do not ship this product to the following states: California, Colorado, Connecticut, Hawaii, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York and Washington D.C."

TUJYK9L.jpg

🐯

And yet when it comes to even unregulated items... "We currently do not ship this product to the following states: California, Colorado, Connecticut, Hawaii, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York and Washington D.C."

TUJYK9L.jpg

🐯

Just because federally it's not regulated doesn’t mean it's unregulated in a given state. Those states have laws and/or have insinuated they have laws, that make it illegal to ship certain stuff there.

Nobody should be butt hurt, the state of MA is the problem and has been very unfriendly. And no, it's not ironic at all - when an anti gun city became an issue, they moved, very similarly as deciding not to do business directly with residents of a certain state.

I guess you'd prefer they kept shipping and fought a legal battle with the state if need be? I'd prefer they didn't waste $$ and get distracted by that stuff.

You can also buy Aero stuff from plenty of places that do ship to MA (or may even be located in MA), which I'd also bet they are aware of and figure into their business decisions.

Went into an antique store here in town with my son because I heard it had some good stuff in it. Good deals on tools and lots of fishing gear and cast iron and traps. My son came running over to tell me he found guns. There was a non working .22 and a………

Flobert Parlor rifle.

I couldn’t stop laughing for a while.

Just because federally it's not regulated doesn’t mean it's unregulated in a given state. Those states have laws and/or have insinuated they have laws, that make it illegal to ship certain stuff there.

Nobody should be butt hurt, the state of MA is the problem and has been very unfriendly. And no, it's not ironic at all - when an anti gun city became an issue, they moved, very similarly as deciding not to do business directly with residents of a certain state.

I guess you'd prefer they kept shipping and fought a legal battle with the state if need be? I'd prefer they didn't waste $$ and get distracted by that stuff.

You can also buy Aero stuff from plenty of places that do ship to MA (or may even be located in MA), which I'd also bet they are aware of and figure into their business decisions.

It would be folly to "guess," anything I might "prefer," because that is largely a long, dark, and self indulgent list.

Aero ships nothing to those states, but thank you for explaining something that you may have though I didn't already know regarding their sales.

The irony is being asked here to show empathy for their real fight with a local municipality when they roll over on imagined ones elsewhere.

One might also find the point that other smaller companies ship Aero products to states where Aero themselves won't, as a less than compelling argument in support of showing them sympathy in their municipal tax battle.

I ordered one of their uppers from a vendor just last week.
I am not anti Aero Precision, I am just pro what-goes-around-comes-around and don't ask me to feel sorry for you when it does.

🐯

Last edited:
Went into an antique store here in town with my son because I heard it had some good stuff in it. Good deals on tools and lots of fishing gear and cast iron and traps. My son came running over to tell me he found guns. There was a non working .22 and a………

Flobert Parlor rifle.

I couldn’t stop laughing for a while.
should have picked it up and tried to flip it here

It would be folly to "guess," anything I might "prefer," because that is largely a long, dark, and self indulgent list.

Aero ships nothing to those states, but thank you for explaining something that you may have though I didn't already know regarding their sales.

The irony is being asked here to show empathy for their real fight with a local municipality when they roll over on imagined ones elsewhere.

One might also find the point that other smaller companies ship Aero products to states where Aero themselves won't, as a less than compelling argument in support of showing them sympathy in their municipal tax battle.

I ordered one of their uppers from a vendor just last week.
I am not anti Aero Precision, I am just pro what-goes-around-comes-around and don't ask me to feel sorry for you when it does.

🐯
You don't understand, MA might sic the AG on them for selling t-shirts to the inmates! It's an entirely rational business decision to spite those behind enemy lines.

Thinking like this is the same as "I'm leaving mASS to go to (fill in a less-oppressed state)."

It's fall-back thinking. A company in state A won't do business in State B because. . . the attorney general in State B? C'mon. It isn't like doing business in that state and then not being able to do it later due to some injunction is going to be WORSE for you than not doing business there IN THE FIRST PLACE! Interstate commerce is just that.

And yes, I've got an issue with a state restricting alcohol sales via mail order as well. I mean, I guess they have a BETTER argument as they won't get their pound-of-flesh tax $, but that's a weak argument as well.

If we don't fight together, we're gonna get dismantled. It's that simple. This isn't the time to be pointing fingers, its time to lock hands. (Yeah, I might just copyright that one. LOL. Maybe put it on a piece of distressed 1x10 and sell at a country music festival.)

Thinking like this is the same as "I'm leaving mASS to go to (fill in a less-oppressed state)."

It's fall-back thinking. A company in state A won't do business in State B because. . . the attorney general in State B? C'mon. It isn't like doing business in that state and then not being able to do it later due to some injunction is going to be WORSE for you than not doing business there IN THE FIRST PLACE! Interstate commerce is just that.

And yes, I've got an issue with a state restricting alcohol sales via mail order as well. I mean, I guess they have a BETTER argument as they won't get their pound-of-flesh tax $, but that's a weak argument as well.

If we don't fight together, we're gonna get dismantled. It's that simple. This isn't the time to be pointing fingers, its time to lock hands. (Yeah, I might just copyright that one. LOL. Maybe put it on a piece of distressed 1x10 and sell at a country music festival.)

My understanding is at one point your AG went and threatened multiple vendors/manufacturers. Their response, after looking at MA law, was probably along the lines of "WTF we can't keep track of this ever changing shit unless we hire a legal team".

However outside of that you need to consider in most states we can buy *every single thing* Aero sells - they need not think about anything beyond federal law. In MA you cannot buy *any* actual firearm they sell, you can't buy the magazines they sell, you aren't even supposed to install a flash hider on most of what is owned. 95% of gun shops in MA are gonna tell you that you can't even get a stripped lower or a Glock.

Recently I had to sit down for a minute and think if I needed to ask my buddy (lives in MA) to bring his 80% jig over the border (that I'm borrowing) so that I'm not at risk for legal problems. I have to check my truck for empty casings... Oh boy if I ever forgot I had a carry pistol, took a wrong turn, left an empty mag in my vehicle etc.. etc.. can you imagine many laws I'd be breaking? :)..

What I'm saying here is what goes on in MA is not normal, it's insane, strict, yet subjective and impossible to keep track of. It's completely abnormal as far as state gun laws, almost the worst in the country (top 5 worst anyway).

Seriously - I understand exactly what these companies think. Unless they want to hire a legal team to go monitor all these different states with weird laws, and they want every order to require a state legality check, there is not a practical way to stay on the right side of it. So they decide it makes more sense for them to worry about making a good product and they let the retailers, some who probably specialize in selling to particular states, supply the corner cases like MA.

My understanding is at one point your AG went and threatened multiple vendors/manufacturers. Their response, after looking at MA law, was probably along the lines of "WTF we can't keep track of this ever changing shit unless we hire a legal team".

However outside of that you need to consider in most states we can buy *every single thing* Aero sells - they need not think about anything beyond federal law. In MA you cannot buy *any* actual firearm they sell, you can't buy the magazines they sell, you aren't even supposed to install a flash hider on most of what is owned. 95% of gun shops in MA are gonna tell you that you can't even get a stripped lower or a Glock.

Recently I had to sit down for a minute and think if I needed to ask my buddy (lives in MA) to bring his 80% jig over the border (that I'm borrowing) so that I'm not at risk for legal problems. I have to check my truck for empty casings... Oh boy if I ever forgot I had a carry pistol, took a wrong turn, left an empty mag in my vehicle etc.. etc.. can you imagine many laws I'd be breaking? :)..

What I'm saying here is what goes on in MA is not normal, it's insane, strict, yet subjective and impossible to keep track of. It's completely abnormal as far as state gun laws, almost the worst in the country (top 5 worst anyway).

Seriously - I understand exactly what these companies think. Unless they want to hire a legal team to go monitor all these different states with weird laws, and they want every order to require a state legality check, there is not a practical way to stay on the right side of it. So they decide it makes more sense for them to worry about making a good product and they let the retailers, some who probably specialize in selling to particular states, supply the corner cases like MA.
First, you're talking about one of the most regulated industries on the planet - they have a legal team. That team was consulted in their decision to move. That team helps them decide what products to market, and how. That team told them it's easier/safer to simply not sell to restricted states.

Second, most of the actual concerns you describe are unfounded. Lowers have to go to FFLs anyways. Worst case, the FFL refuses the item. That's a hassle, but relatively small; and it's pretty easy to say "we don't sell serialized parts to states X, Y, and Z." They could say the same thing about magazines. Everything else is not the problem of a seller. I can buy a thousand flash hiders and roll around in them like Scrooge McDuck - totally legal. What a MA resident can't do is install one on a post-ban firearm as a second evil feature - for example, it's 100% legal to spin the biggest, meanest flash hider on the market onto a bolt rifle. N.B.: compliance is never the dealer's problem unless they sold a complete firearm.

Meanwhile, these manufacturers LARP as 2A absolutists while turning their back on folks in "difficult" states - often the ones they just left, ones where they intimately know the law. It's their business decision, and they're welcome to make it. I think it's almost as dumb to boycott them as it is for them to refuse business with us. But there's nothing courageous about their position - they got theirs and pull the ladder up behind them.

First, you're talking about one of the most regulated industries on the planet - they have a legal team. That team was consulted in their decision to move. That team helps them decide what products to market, and how. That team told them it's easier/safer to simply not sell to restricted states.

Second, most of the actual concerns you describe are unfounded. Lowers have to go to FFLs anyways. Worst case, the FFL refuses the item. That's a hassle, but relatively small; and it's pretty easy to say "we don't sell serialized parts to states X, Y, and Z." They could say the same thing about magazines. Everything else is not the problem of a seller. I can buy a thousand flash hiders and roll around in them like Scrooge McDuck - totally legal. What a MA resident can't do is install one on a post-ban firearm as a second evil feature - for example, it's 100% legal to spin the biggest, meanest flash hider on the market onto a bolt rifle. N.B.: compliance is never the dealer's problem unless they sold a complete firearm.

Meanwhile, these manufacturers LARP as 2A absolutists while turning their back on folks in "difficult" states - often the ones they just left, ones where they intimately know the law. It's their business decision, and they're welcome to make it. I think it's almost as dumb to boycott them as it is for them to refuse business with us. But there's nothing courageous about their position - they got theirs and pull the ladder up behind them.

I get the part about the lowers and I do not know shit about MA, beyond that it's a nightmare to own a gun in the state, soooooo many things are illegal, or subject to a limit, or only legal under certain grounds (like you point out), and it's very common for someone in MA to say you can't get XYZ when you can - it's just not as easy. It's not only strict, it's confusing....

Look where the rest of us come from - want a gun in NH? I'm not going to drone on with the answer, but in short let's just say it's a much simpler answer.

I don't know that Aero does much chest pounding around 2A, not like say an 80% or magazine manufacturer might. They are fairly reserved and started (possibly remain?) in the aeronautics industry, someone must've been a fan of the AR platform, got into this stuff.

Regardless, again, most states we can buy every single thing on the website, no question of what an FFL will accept, no question of permits or what is legal for who, no AG making threats. Add in a state like MA - now they gotta track exactly what can ship where, and possibly even to who. These are not insurmountable problems but as a manufacturer it'd be most efficient to say, "let's sell directly to states with no restrictions and let the other retailers figure it out for the rest".

Hang together or hang separately. It's that simple. Stating "yeah, we're not gonna get into that fight" means they aren't nearly as 2A as we'd like to believe.

But that's OK. Most folks on NES would trade about 92% of their values for a sum of money under $100K. Integrity is at a century's low in this country.

F Aero. F PSA. F them all. I'll continue to support - even at the risk of - GASP - paying a few dollars more - those companies that stood by gun owners in EVERY state once all of this Bruen stuff filters out and all of this is irrelevant.

Primary Arms Labor Day sale. This caught my eye . $170 off

Now $399!!!!!!!!

Another good one, but it also went back up in price. I thought it was at that price (sub 200) regularly.

Back
Top Bottom