• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Deals and steals

For only $325.50 I just had to get the SH4 6-24X50 GEN2 FFP MIL VPR Illuminated Reticle with Zero Stop - 34mm Tube, just to see what it was like. I have no idea what I’ll put it on. If it’s a piece of junk I’ll just blame @paul73 [laugh].
i own and love the more recent one - the EP5-25x. the older SH4 is also claimed to be good, only do not throw it into the pool, it may leak in there.
in the rain, from what i understood, they are all ok. for the $325 i think it should be pretty good.
on a second thought i ordered one too, as i want to swap it on a .308 anyway.

i own and love the more recent one - the EP5-25x. the older SH4 is also claimed to be good, only do not throw it into the pool, it may leak in there.
in the rain, from what i understood, they are all ok. for the $325 i think it should be pretty good.
on a second thought i ordered one too, as i want to swap it on a .308 anyway.
Actually I didn’t order it until after a saw Iraqveteran8888’s review of it.

SH4 is not bad, but a consensus so far is that new EP5 is better. But, at $325…
Yup, if they were offering the EP5 at 30% off it would be a no brainer. But I don’t think there is any downside to the older SH4 for such short money. Now I just have to build something to put it on.

Are you the seller? :)
No but I got an email from a retailer that I was excited about.
They had the same thing for $2,090.00.

I did a search and found this gun shop on Gun Broker.

Oh, I also found a fake gun website that had that upper for even less.
It was pretending to be Cabelas but added extra stuff in the URL.
I poked around the site before realizing it was on of those fake sites.

Very similar to the fake site where I tried to buy a $3,000 generator for $99 with paypal.

Tier 1 uppers ate hard to find.

No but I got an email from a retailer that I was excited about.
They had the same thing for $2,090.00.

I did a search and found this gun shop on Gun Broker.

Oh, I also found a fake gun website that had that upper for even less.
It was pretending to be Cabelas but added extra stuff in the URL.
I poked around the site before realizing it was on of those fake sites.

Very similar to the fake site where I tried to buy a $3,000 generator for $99 with paypal.

Tier 1 uppers ate hard to find.
Sooooold

ps not bought by me.

so, as i got a second sample and it is confirmed -will post it here. amazon has a lot of cheap atlas v8 bt10 imitations.
most suffer from inaccurate machining of shims that keep legs in place, so legs wobble. the legs themselves are also flimsier than the original $220 atlas.
still, there is one model that is more or less OK - and it goes for $35. this one below.

i got it set on 2 rifles now, shot it yesterday - the swivel lock takes some time to get used to, but, overall it worked quite well.

Zeadio Swivel Tiltable Quick Release Bipod, 6 to 9 Inches - Black​

Amazon product ASIN B08GK6GRJ4View: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08GK6GRJ4

it also needs a swap out spikes instead of crappy feet it comes with.
Amazon product ASIN B076NGTQDKView: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076NGTQDK

there is another product there (UUQ) that looks same and sells for less price coming with the spikes - but it is crap.
on this one you will need to grease all proper spot, loctite on bolts, unscrew legs extensions and bend the wire that prevents rotation - after all the minor work done it works fine.

Being less flippant, recall that your backup needs to be robust enough to outlast your primary. If anything, one should feel free to skimp on their optic, safe in the knowledge they can fail safe to that backup.

If that is all you can afford, go with the top ones.

My real recommendation would be something metal and 45 offset. CMMG makes C2s which are nice at $200. Midwest makes a $160 kit. FAB makes a $100 set.

Magpul also makes flip ups but I'm less of a fan of anything plastic for a sight. That said I've never broken a PMAG so.....

If that is all you can afford, go with the top ones.

My real recommendation would be something metal and 45 offset. CMMG makes C2s which are nice at $200. Midwest makes a $160 kit. FAB makes a $100 set.

Magpul also makes flip ups but I'm less of a fan of anything plastic for a sight. That said I've never broken a PMAG so.....
I like the magpul steel sights

I like the magpul steel sights
Agreed I migrated all my flip up Irons to Magpul Pro series which are metal. I’ve most recently picked up a couple sets of non flip buis from Daniel defense to try this method out. School of thought if you need your sights you don’t want to take the time to flip them up. Daniel Defense AR15 Iron Sights | Daniel Defense

You can buy a stripped lower from any FFL in MA as long as you’re willing to state that it is for a .22 rimfire build. The more reasonable ones don’t even have that requirement, since under MGL a stripped lower is not a gun (independent of what the AG may declare in an “Enforcement Notice”) and therefore not subject to any ban. The Feds do say that a stripped lower is a “receiver” and thus must be serialized and go through an FFL.
Isn’t it 22cal . Doesn’t state Rimfire

Back
Top Bottom