Deals and steals

Midway has the 10 and 25 round CMMG AR .22 conversion kit on sale for $132. It's an easy way to run .22 through any 5.56 upper, and with the right ammo they are very reliable. Change settings to single magazine to see the clearance pricing. Addtional mags can be found for $15-20, or an adapter is available that allows you to use 15-22 mags.

View attachment 595680
Damn it, I just spent money today on two of the bcg’s above.

Midway has the 10 and 25 round CMMG AR .22 conversion kit on sale for $132. It's an easy way to run .22 through any 5.56 upper, and with the right ammo they are very reliable. Change settings to single magazine to see the clearance pricing. Addtional mags can be found for $15-20, or an adapter is available that allows you to use 15-22 mags.

View attachment 595680
That sale out, but AT3 has the single mag kit for $138 shipped. Works with all drop-in triggers.

Anyone looking for an SRO this is a nice deal. $489 for the 5MOA.

I need to keep telling myself that I don't need to order this. My bank account isn't happy with me right now because of a couple of incoming guns.

Skallywag Tactical is having a blowout sale on their line of kitchen knives for all you home cooks out there.

Skallywag Tactical is having a blowout sale on their line of kitchen knives for all you home cooks out there.

reviews say it is a laser etched fake damascus? what we have is a top of the line set of Zwilling J.A. Henckels and it was very, very good. expensive, but very good.

I just got the Chris Kimball Nakatomi or something knife. 6” blade. Very easy to chop with. Might replace my regular 8” Chefs knife. Maybe.

Sorry I used the wrong terminology. But one of those requires bringing the vehicle with you everywhere, the other doesn't.

Picture Dennis ? Please :)

Amazon product ASIN B07NP962HHView: https://www.amazon.com/J-Henckels-International-Christopher-6-5-inch/dp/B07NP962HH/ref=sr_1_2?crid=269JK00LRE2HQ&keywords=Kimball+knife&qid=1648738756&sprefix=kimball+knife%2Caps%2C82&sr=8-2

The handle is a SMIDGE small for me. I use a Bob Whathisname now with a fat handle. I like a fatter handle on a chef's style knife. Kramer. Bob Kramer.

It's thin - like the Kramer. And sharp. The lack of a point seems to be an advantage so far. I'm making a Bolognese tomorrow night. Lots of chopping. So I'll really put it through it's paces.

I think the trick will be keeping that "tip" sharp. It's the leading edge for hacking up an onion. That rounded edge is going to need care in sharpening for sure.

Amazon product ASIN B07NP962HHView: https://www.amazon.com/J-Henckels-International-Christopher-6-5-inch/dp/B07NP962HH/ref=sr_1_2?crid=269JK00LRE2HQ&keywords=Kimball+knife&qid=1648738756&sprefix=kimball+knife%2Caps%2C82&sr=8-2

The handle is a SMIDGE small for me. I use a Bob Whathisname now with a fat handle. I like a fatter handle on a chef's style knife. Kramer. Bob Kramer.

It's thin - like the Kramer. And sharp. The lack of a point seems to be an advantage so far. I'm making a Bolognese tomorrow night. Lots of chopping. So I'll really put it through it's paces.

I think the trick will be keeping that "tip" sharp. It's the leading edge for hacking up an onion. That rounded edge is going to need care in sharpening for sure.
FYI the Henckels International brand, with only one guy in the symbol, rather than the twins, are cheap shit made in China.

It's only a matter of time until we see <$50 BCGs. Not long ago, BCGs were $150 for a basic phosphate. Now, we're regularly seeing $60 nitrided bolts from different brands. And it ain't skinflint! Just make the gas keys are properly staked and it charges into battery fine. Same thing with barrels. Those $60 barrels will do 99% of the job.

Those $60 barrels will do 99% of the job.
I used one of those 'el cheapo barrels(bought mine for $75 from UnbrandedAR) for an AR. Took that AR to a 2-day class in FL. When I showed up, I looked like a schmuck with 'el cheapo AR and scratched up pre-ban mags next to fancy $2000 guns and pmags. Heck, I think I might have been the only one without a chest rig. At the end of the class, we had to do qualifications to receive a certificate and to qualify for the level-3 class. I came in second out of 20 students.

It's only a matter of time until we see <$50 BCGs. Not long ago, BCGs were $150 for a basic phosphate. Now, we're regularly seeing $60 nitrided bolts from different brands. And it ain't skinflint! Just make the gas keys are properly staked and it charges into battery fine. Same thing with barrels. Those $60 barrels will do 99% of the job.
For the typical, casual enthusiast, sub $50 BCG will be fine. What are we talking? 150 rounds a year? I know a guy that shoots less than that.

Back
Top Bottom