• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Deals and steals

so, an another wunderskope. decide for yourself if it is worth it or not.
presumably - an ed japanese glass with a chinese assembly - who knows - weight 39.2oz.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RA_QftvX5Zk

i probably going to give it a try as i`ve heard too much about it and have a $500 to spend and a $170 set of free crap with 20 moa mount may be also useful - will see.

EP5 available NOW with 8-12 week lead time.​

Combo pack is in accessories, separate, need to add it and then a code to see a discount.

Last edited:
Arken is gtg.

The EP series has better glass AFAIK. Should be a decent piece of kit.

Arken is gtg.

The EP series has better glass AFAIK. Should be a decent piece of kit.
eurooptic still has Vortex Viper PST Gen II 5-25x50 EBR-2D MRAD (FFP) PST-5257 for $670 that is, probably, still a much better scope, but, i was just curious to try it - hopefully in some 2-4 months i will actually receive it to write about it.

also - presumably this burris is there for $599, but i did not check. it is a $1k scope normally.

Last edited:
I bought one of these Radical uppers back in late 2019. It’s an 18” .223 Wylde 1:8 S.S. Rifle-Length Barreled Upper - 15" M-LOK RPR Gen3 Rail and BMD Brake. I bought it for $160 from PA after reading this review:
I’ve been very happy with this upper, even ignoring the price. With IMI 5.56x45mm 77 Grain Razor Core (Sierra MatchKing Hollow Point) it consistently gives me 2 MOA groups. I added a cheap $70 BCG and $15 charging handle. Using an 80% lower, the rifle ended up coming in at around $450 (sans sight/optic). I figure 2 MOA for under $500 is darn good.

I bought one of these Radical uppers back in late 2019. It’s an 18” .223 Wylde 1:8 S.S. Rifle-Length Barreled Upper - 15" M-LOK RPR Gen3 Rail and BMD Brake. I bought it for $160 from PA after reading this review:
I’ve been very happy with this upper, even ignoring the price. With IMI 5.56x45mm 77 Grain Razor Core (Sierra MatchKing Hollow Point) it consistently gives me 2 MOA groups. I added a cheap $70 BCG and $15 charging handle. Using an 80% lower, the rifle ended up coming in at around $450 (sans sight/optic). I figure 2 MOA for under $500 is darn good.
I bought this (or very similar) one a few months ago for $349 that came with a BCG and CH. It was really pretty nice for the $$$$.

I have nothing but good things to say about Primary Arms. Really fast shipping AND they ship to MA

@NH_Realtor

I believe they have the same lifetime warranty as other Vortex optics. I’ve used several and never had any issues but there is a saying about them.
“It’s a lifetime warranty because you’re going to use it”.

I’d compare them and see what you like better, this or the Primary Arms line of scopes. I think Primary Arms has a better reticle and system compared to the strike eagle but they don’t come with a mount.
Without the discount code you listed they’re all in the same ballpark of price.

These are really good for cleaning your precision bolt or AR. I use the 6.5 Creedmoor 700 Remington for my Bergara. Allows you to clean from the breech end and keeps cleaning solvents away from the TriggerTech trigger. Use code GEORGE for 10% off all Creedmoor branded items.

25% discount on scope covers( use spring22 code at checkout). I own one and it's great!

Not firearm related but a good deal. I bought one yesterday. Brand new Apple iMac for $450 off, probably last years model. Price includes shipping and handling and you have to be a Costco member. Only for 1 week

That is a steal.

The reason they are on sale is because Apple no longer uses Intel chips.

I have had a few Macs and they last forever before no longer being supported.

I had my current one since 2017 and plan on getting at least 8 years out of it.

My previous Mac I had for 9 years.

Once the new OS wont work, I upgrade.

You are guaranteed to get many years out of that Costco Mac.

Figure spending $75 a year for 7 or 8 years. It's a good deal.

You are already spending $100 a month for internet.

This is a no brainer.

When I buy I get the latest but I only buy every 9 years so in another 4 years I'll be getting the new Apple Silicone chip.

This is a great buy for a wife or kid. It's a full desktop for the price of an iPad.

Just keep in mind that the Hard Drive is small so you'll need another drive for photos or just use the cloud.

5 years ago, a iMac with those specs would have been $1,500.

That is a steal.

This is a no brainer.

When I buy I get the latest but I only buy every 9 years so in another 4 years I'll be getting the new Apple Silicone chip.

This is a great buy for a wife or kid. It's a full desktop for the price of an iPad.

Just keep in mind that the Hard Drive is small so you'll need another drive for photos or just use the cloud.

Agreed. I just bought one of these...too good of a deal to pass up. I'm replacing an identical (much older) one which has been having issues lately. I've got a laptop too which I use for everyday use, but this desktop is great for Photoshop/photo editing; but as you say, I'll need to add an external drive for storage.

Frank

That is a steal.

This is a no brainer.

I'm a fan of Apple computers. I bought a new MacBook Air 2 years ago and I gave my daughter my old MacBook Air that is almost 10 years old and still going strong.
I'm buying the IMac to replace my Dell desktop which sucks after 4 years....

Not just Apple, nobody uses 2017 era Intel CPUs in new PCs. Well, except Apple apparently.
I don't think Apple will abandon these older Macs for at least 5 more years.

I don't want to get rid of mine.

It's got a beautiful 5k screen and is very reliable and I think more secure than a PC as long as you update it.

I don't think Apple will abandon these older Macs for at least 5 more years.

I don't want to get rid of mine.

It's got a beautiful 5k screen and is very reliable and I think more secure than a PC as long as you update it.
IME, as long as you keep the OS and your AV product updated (and you don't pick a shitty AV product) you're just as safe and reliable. I've seen MORE issues crop up from when [cr]apple users try to update their OS to the latest flavor released only to find out it either bricks the computer, or important software simply doesn't work anymore.

I have seen people have 'issues' when they don't power off their computer for weeks on end. IMO/IME, that's an user error, not on the computer end.

Personally, I won't purchase anything from [cr]apple.

That is a steal.

This is a no brainer.

I still use my 2013 MacBook Pro 13-inch Retina when I want something smaller and more portable than my 16”. For most daily tasks it still works fine (though the new MacBook with the M1 Max chip is a heck of a lot faster when editing 4K videos). I’m actually using it right now.

Not just Apple, nobody uses 2017 era Intel CPUs in new PCs. Well, except Apple apparently.
Functionally speaking there's very little difference between 2017 Intel CPUs and what they sell now.... for 99% of applications. Crapple figured this out and that's why they just used the old s*** for 100 years. My gaming box has an i7 from 2011 in it and it's fine. The GPU is a bigger arbiter of performance there. I still sell tons of boxes with i7-4790s in them, still rocketships for most users.

Back
Top Bottom