Deals and steals

$199.

When picking it up, bring any f***ed HDD in for RECYCLING and get 15% off.

$169.

Cheapest /TB I’ve ever seen. Gon’ stack these sluts.

If the employees have no idea what recycling a disk means :

Read the reviews. Numerous bought sealed boxes with defective units, marked as such inside. No thanks!

Can someone help me out here? I see people always buying BCG's, I'm doing my first build and my question is, do the BCG's need to be replaced often? Should I have some extra ones on hand? Thanks
If you're replacing BCGs regularly, something is Wrong.

The bolt (including extractor, etc.) and firing pin are mechanical parts that can wear. Having spares on hand is reasonable as they are central to the firing process. An extra (proven, working) BCG would be a quick way to troubleshoot a rifle that starts acting up.

It's also an excuse to build another gun (i.e. "oh no, I have this spare engine lying around...I guess I have to build it into a go-cart.")

Can someone help me out here? I see people always buying BCG's, I'm doing my first build and my question is, do the BCG's need to be replaced often? Should I have some extra ones on hand? Thanks

Built an AR over 10 years ago. I shoot it regularly. It has many tens of thousands of rounds through it and it is a tackdriver.

A few months ago the bolt started to stick. We took it out and it was kinda rust. Corroded in places. Cleaned and lubed it and it's still working. So, my point... bolts are very durable. And seem to work well even with rust and corrosion.

I will be replacing the bolt just because. But it's still working really well. It will get a work out this weekend.

It's not something that breaks a lot but its stupid to not have at LEAST one extra full BCG around that is "tested and known good" etc, especially if you have more than one AR type rifle hanging around.

XLR industries black Friday sale. codes are listed on their website. IIRC up to 30% off. I have their element 3.0 for my howa 308 20” and couldn’t be happier with it. Excellent chassis. top rifle is the howa in element 3.0 wearing an SWFA SS 10x42 and dead air sandman L.

257B79FE-3B20-49CB-BD26-8301DF8A655E.jpeg

Last edited:
Good to have spares, I have several AR's, things break. 85 bucks for a back up BCG is a good deal. They don't go bad, in fact I keep enough spare parts to probably build at least two rifles including barrels. I also keep at least one spare bolt for each caliber AR. If I had broke a bolt last year I would have jolly well f***ed!

Get the cheapest BCG you can find. They're all the freggin same and they never break.

PrimaryArms has a Diamondback Firearms nitride BCG for $60

Holy smokes.

I had a terrible experience with one of their AR10 BCGs. No returns either. Order at your own risk.
Primary arms had a ton of BCGs in stock.
This:

Get the cheapest BCG you can find. They're all the freggin same and they never break.

PrimaryArms has a Diamondback Firearms nitride BCG for $60

Holy smokes.
There's a guy on YouTube, "American Rifleman something something". Cant think of the full name rn but he does AR 15 autopsies. He has a collection of gauges that would make Spicoli's dad proud. There is a lot of AR snobbery in the gun world and there are plenty of examples of people paying for the name, but theyre most certainly not all the same.

eta- Mesatch beat me to it. This is the guy...

Read the reviews. Numerous bought sealed boxes with defective units, marked as such inside. No thanks!
Alright I wasn't going to reply because I believe you'd use this in the piece of shit enclosure.

They have 4.7 stars.

Those returns are wiseguys shucking the drives out (like myself and 99% of buyers) and putting whatever drive they want back inside. The GEEKSQUAD might not check it. Not worth the risk but that's pretty funny [rofl]

This is the drive inside, just labeled differently. Helium drive....

I have bought 3 of them.

Back
Top Bottom