• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Deals and steals

This is the second company which has asked for "shipping insurance", stressing that I would be responsible if the item got lost/damaged in shipment..

Does anyone else find this...odd?
Yes, because the world doesn't actually work that way.

The liability is on the seller, and as such the price of insurance should either be built into the cost of the product if they're requiring it or part of their business plan when it comes to expected losses. When you're buying a product you're creating a contract between yourself and the vendor, the vendor is responsible for getting the product to you, they then subcontract with a shipper to do that part of the job.

Offsetting insurance cost to you is a dick move, but it does help them recover losses that aren't yours nor theirs technically, but a lack of shipping insurance doesn't absolve them of their part of of your business contract- you entered into an agreement with them, they're required to follow it. Personally, I won't do business with people who require extra insurance like that- build it in or gtfo. Yes, that means I'll pay more to someone who doesn't require it even if its more than price+shipping+insurance of the other guy.

This is the second company which has asked for "shipping insurance", stressing that I would be responsible if the item got lost/damaged in shipment..

Does anyone else find this...odd?
I have gotten quite a few things from them. Always quick and never had a problem... Never got insurance either.

Attachments

• c150414e2c1e4f23a82aeb830e1bf82b.jpg
    c150414e2c1e4f23a82aeb830e1bf82b.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 47
Yes, because the world doesn't actually work that way.

The liability is on the seller, and as such the price of insurance should either be built into the cost of the product if they're requiring it or part of their business plan when it comes to expected losses. When you're buying a product you're creating a contract between yourself and the vendor, the vendor is responsible for getting the product to you, they then subcontract with a shipper to do that part of the job.

Offsetting insurance cost to you is a dick move, but it does help them recover losses that aren't yours nor theirs technically, but a lack of shipping insurance doesn't absolve them of their part of of your business contract- you entered into an agreement with them, they're required to follow it. Personally, I won't do business with people who require extra insurance like that- build it in or gtfo. Yes, that means I'll pay more to someone who doesn't require it even if its more than price+shipping+insurance of the other guy.

I'm sure it is built into the price already and this is just something they do to see if they can hook suckers for a little more profit.

those are expensive even w the 20% deal, still $80 a pop. The billet 6061 lowers also do not match up nicely with standard forged uppers. The 6061 lowers Are nice because they’re easy to cut so good for 80% noobs, but once one gets proficient a forged 7075 lower like from AMT are optimal. The 7075 aluminum is a PITA to cut compare to 6061 but with lots of cutting fluid and tiny cuts per pass it’s doable.

5D has unfortunately cranked his prices waaay up on lowers. When I lived in MA I supported him as much as possible.

SonofaB!@ch
I just ordered up a barrel this morning. PA is selling the same one at half the price. Damnit!
worth hitting them up. see if they will refund you the difference. and let us know. I’ve had a few shops refund me the difference when they ran a sale on something I just bought.

edit: did you buy it from Primary? otherwise ask if they will match primary’s sale. and cancel your order if not.

It would bind, hang up. I thought it was the wonky machining marks, cleaned it up. Didn't help. That was the extent of my troubleshooting. I think it had to be out of square or something.

The company sent a new one, and told me to throw it in the garbage. The replacement was fine.
Aries Armor, by chance? I got one of their NIB BCGs that would not even fit into the receiver!

For those concerned about mid-length gas on a 16" 308 barrel, there are new adjustable gas blocks that are on the cheap end (simply adjust with hex socket from the side) that will soften the blow. Get a $125 16" BA barrel and adjustable gas block and you're g2g.

first official response is to "Try the 2.5 lb trigger and see if it ups it any." 🤔

ok.. I'll try it tonight after work and we'll see what happens.

well the 2.5# spring brought it down to about 1.8#. Just under 2# for each of the 6 or 7 pulls.

I put the 3.5# back in and tested again to 2ish #. Tried dropping it on the butt to see if it would fire and it did not.

more contact with MCarbo. I sent via email and online chat and 2 different ppl responded.

So I believe to be honest that the springs due to their +/- 1lb tolerance are unfortunately a little lighter in this batch. I had another gentlemen reach out and let me know he was getting around the same poundage as you are on your triggers.

I believe if you adjust the screw, it should add some additional tolerance to it.
not sure how the overtravel screw would increase the pull weight.. but I'm no professional gunsmith.

All results vary for trigger pull reductions due to manufacturing tolerances from the factory of both the firearm and our springs.

We do get these springs manufactured in large batches, so there is a chance something is out of spec. Would you like us to send a courtesy replacement kit to see if that resolves the issue?

Customer service seems pretty good though... we'll see what the new spring does.

Spinta has great customer service.
I contacted them for a return label and a refund (this was years ago), and told them NOT to send another one, as this should have NEVER passed QC. They sent the label, refunded my money ....and sent me another one that works fine.

so got the mcarbo kit in the mail yesterday. Installed this morning with the 3.5# spring. Easy to install, shims helped...

Original pull out of the box was 6.5#. After putting the kit in, down to 2#. They advertised a 40% decrease.. that's like 70%!! Not sure why it's so low, but I emailed MCarbo to see if there's any solution. I didn't even try to see what the 2.5# spring would give me. Not sure I want a hunting rifle with that low a pull.
I ended up with the same result using the 3.5lb spring. No takeup at all and a very crisp and extremely light break. I'm okay with it as a hunting rifle that will be on safe 99% of the time and I tested and confirmed that the sear is well engaged by slamming the buttstock on a concrete floor a bunch of times (cocked and unloaded of course)

all geissele on sale at primary arms, plus this eye candy:
Geissele SMR MK16
+1 used this sale to grab some triggers last night. drooled over the SD rifles and pistols for a bit too.

Brownells M16 Nitride BCG $99.99

I do not have any experience with Brownells house brand BCG, but I have read were others said they were GTG. I have bought one of their house brand Glock 17 barrels and the machining was first class.

🐯

logo_360x.png

iTarget Pro laser dryfire system
laborday_720x.jpg

Use the code "Labor Day"​

in the discount box at checkout to save 10% on all purchases

1d3d6d51-92fc-4fb0-b9a8-d3229dfbdae8.jpeg

Get 15% Off This Weekend Only!

At GrovTec US, Inc. we are extremely proud to craft rugged and dependable firearms accessories for everyone. Whether you're a hunter, American service member or shooting sports competitor, we believe you deserve tools created by other Americans who share common ideals and the utmost pride of performance. From humble homegrown beginnings we are proud to call Wood Village, Oregon our home. We have earned our reputation for uncompromising excellence, superior design, exacting tolerances and durability. Those are the standards by which we judge ourselves. We do not build our products to become obsolete. We build them to last.

Brownells M16 Nitride BCG $99.99

I do not have any experience with Brownells house brand BCG, but I have read were others said they were GTG. I have bought one of their house brand Glock 17 barrels and the machining was first class.

🐯
+ to Brownells right now. I just grabbed a DD 14.5” upper from Brownells. they have some good discount codes w/ free shipping right now.

Back
Top Bottom