Deals and steals

Where are you seeing the $30 back for club points? Usually it's only 2% or is there a promo they don't have advertised?

There's a club member special running up until September 8th where you get $25 for every $250 spent plus the normal 2% back. It's not advertised front and center on the site, but you can find it in the Club section:

.Club.png

Last edited:
Anyone have any leads on deals for steel targets and stands? Please reply with any gongs or dueling trees.

I keep eyeballing this setup, but the only time I w/b using it is when I visit my buddy's camp in Maine

Cabela's is running another sale/rebate combination on the Savage Axis XP series of rifles. They'r on sale for $310 with a $50 mail in rebate. If you're a club member and buy in store, you end up getting back about $30 in points. If you're not a member, sign up for a card, save $20, and end up getting a rifle scope combo for $240, with $30 in points thrown in!

The last time they offered this deal a buddy and I both bought one, and we've been amazed at the accuracy we get out of them at 400 yards with the included 3-9x Weaver scope and fairly cheap ammo! (Mine is 6.5, his .30-06.) MCARBO offers a trigger kit for $20 that ends up giving them a sweet trigger pull. There are some great videos on Youtube with these rifles at pretty long ranges, including one guy making 1,000 yard shots with a 6.5.

https://www.cabelas.com/shop/en/savage-axis-xp-bolt-action-rifle-in-truetimber-strata

View attachment 514447

Nice rifle, if it was the axis 2 with accutrigger I’d be all over it.
I have the Axis 2 with the Accutrigger in 30-06, great rifle. Saw this deal, figured I'd grab it in 223 cuz bolt gun. Was out of stock last night so I said "f it" and dropped the 30-06 in my cart.

Surprise, the 223 was back in stock this morning, which I have a LOT more, and cheaper, ammo for. Swapped it in for the 30-06 and ordered it up, Cabela's is 12 minutes away, be in in 10 days. Probably live in the box on the shelf with the Maverick 88 I bought 18 months ago and haven't put together yet and assorted AR uppers and lowers yet to be built/put together.

I need to either buy another safe, sell a couple of long guns, or just embrace the fact that it's ok for some guns to live "outside".

Wow, quite a deal if they have the caliber you want. Who has one of these? Are they a decent gun?

I'd like one in .17WSM or .17 Hornet, but they don't offer those yet.

I took it to the range today to play for a bit.. As a bolt-action 30-06, yeah.. it kicks like a freakin mule.. Trigger was heavy.. I don't have a pull scale yet, but I'll edit when it comes in.

had this set up at 25 yds. 1st 4 right out of the box were about 1" right...so at 100, probably 4" right.. but I had all 4 touching. scope was supposed to be boresighted at the factory. After 16 clicks left, next 8 shots were better... another 4 clicks right, and the last 4 were good enough for today..

I just ordered the mcarbo trigger spring kit... for $27 total.

so.. considering that the rifle cost me $310 in points (ie, free. $0 out of pocket), and I'm getting $74 back in rebates, I'm satisfied so far.

1629591952867.png

SAVE12 12% discount at primary arms ends tonight - they still have aero precision BCGs in M16 and .308 and some aero stripped lowers.
all that may follow the fate of russian ammo soon, so, see for yourself.

also have some $99 AR10 lower - not that i would suggest that, but, to each his own.

Last edited:
So PrimaryArms is selling this Radical Arms AR15 for $510….THEN another 12% off with code SAVE12. I meanWTF! What more could you ask for. Magpul outfitted, 15” mlok rail, etc. Those in a free state that want a backup, or a start AR for a friend, can’t go wrong with this.

FR16-5.56SOC-15RPR_00.jpg

I keep eyeballing this setup, but the only time I w/b using it is when I visit my buddy's camp in Maine

I’m thinking of grabbing this and a couple 1/2” thick plates from Amazon just so I can shoot higher calibers too, what kind of stand would you recommend? Thanks for the link by the way.

I’m thinking of grabbing this and a couple 1/2” thick plates from Amazon just so I can shoot higher calibers too, what kind of stand would you recommend? Thanks for the link by the way.
Midway had some 3/8" in various sizes on sale. Not sure if the sale is a good deal though, Im looking to put together a couple more now

Last edited:
So PrimaryArms is selling this Radical Arms AR15 for $510….THEN another 12% off with code SAVE12. I meanWTF! What more could you ask for. Magpul outfitted, 15” mlok rail, etc. Those in a free state that want a backup, or a start AR for a friend, can’t go wrong with this.

FR16-5.56SOC-15RPR_00.jpg

NES only does investment grade stuff

The nice thing about the Yankee Thunder kit is that you use regular electrical conduit for the stand - cheap and portable

I am guessing that the hooks c/b used with the AR500 plates, too

For like another $1 one can get pmag M2, which is far superior to an amend2 mag. Their mags look questionable especially their stanag mags.
This, no point in using knockoffs when Pmags and Lancers are around. The Okay Industies surefeed is a nice product as well if someone wants a more USGI style product.

Back
Top Bottom