Deals and steals

Ah well... A five minute phone call to Amex tomorrow afternoon and all will be well😁
You really are not burned.

You have Amex.

There is no downside in taking these sort of risks.

I saw that tool set - or one like it - at Home Depot, today.

$600, 400lbs.

If people were to scared to take risks, they would have missed out on the $6 Pinty scopes.

A couple cool deals. AT3 says buy one of their red dot optics (which are good and cheap anyway), get 2 free magpul mags!

176979B2-5566-4378-891F-F3E3D528EE75.png

The next deal is 2A Warehouse is selling bricks of subsonic 22lr. Pew pew without ear plugs!

88126CC0-4D56-41A9-9FCF-9CB307F5CEDC.png

Primary arms has the 12% code again for the next 3 days & for those that can Aero stuff shipped to them

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210820-125457~2.png
    Screenshot_20210820-125457~2.png
    155.6 KB · Views: 7
Unless you get space at a place like the mill and get an 07 + SOT.
Or live in a free state. its Northeast Shooters not "Massatwosheets shooters". This place is pretty much a national forum nowadays. There ought to be either a Massachatwosheets sub forum or at least a "Free State" subforum.

Looking through the classifieds is pretty useless if you're in a free state. I don't even bother looking for anything here because its all crap for Massaatwosheets.

Or live in a free state. its Northeast Shooters not "Massatwosheets shooters". This place is pretty much a national forum nowadays. There ought to be either a Massachatwosheets sub forum or at least a "Free State" subforum.

Looking through the classifieds is pretty useless if you're in a free state. I don't even bother looking for anything here because its all crap for Massaatwosheets.
You sound twiggered

I dont bother looking because I dont want to pay 150% of the retail cost for a used gun [laugh]

Cabela's is running another sale/rebate combination on the Savage Axis XP series of rifles. They'r on sale for $310 with a $50 mail in rebate. If you're a club member and buy in store, you end up getting back about $30 in points. If you're not a member, sign up for a card, save $20, and end up getting a rifle scope combo for $240, with $30 in points thrown in!

The last time they offered this deal a buddy and I both bought one, and we've been amazed at the accuracy we get out of them at 400 yards with the included 3-9x Weaver scope and fairly cheap ammo! (Mine is 6.5, his .30-06.) MCARBO offers a trigger kit for $20 that ends up giving them a sweet trigger pull. There are some great videos on Youtube with these rifles at pretty long ranges, including one guy making 1,000 yard shots with a 6.5.

https://www.cabelas.com/shop/en/savage-axis-xp-bolt-action-rifle-in-truetimber-strata

XP Rebate.png

Last edited:

Shit I'd be happy if folks just put in the state and general region of the state in the sale listing, guess that's to much to ask of some folks.

I was responding to the poster who said "Not if you live in MA".

Cabela's is running another sale/rebate combination on the Savage Axis XP series of rifles. They'r on sale for $310 with a $50 mail in rebate. If you're a club member and buy in store, you end up getting back about $30 in points. If you're not a member, sign up for a card, save $20, and end up getting a rifle scope combo for $240, with $30 in points thrown in!

The last time they offered this deal a buddy and I both bought one, and we've been amazed at the accuracy we get out of them at 400 yards with the included 3-9x Weaver scope and fairly cheap ammo! (Mine is 6.5, his .30-06.) MCARBO offers a trigger kit for $20 that ends up giving them a sweet trigger pull. There are some great videos on Youtube with these rifles at pretty long ranges, including one guy making 1,000 yard shots with a 6.5.

https://www.cabelas.com/shop/en/savage-axis-xp-bolt-action-rifle-in-truetimber-strata

View attachment 514447

Wow, quite a deal if they have the caliber you want. Who has one of these? Are they a decent gun?

I'd like one in .17WSM or .17 Hornet, but they don't offer those yet.

View attachment 514447

yep.. I did this one in 30-06, which I reload.... $360, less $50 sale price, so $310 plus $19ish sales tax. Had old gift card that covered the MA sales tax, and paid the balance via club points. ordered online via Retailmenot.com. Gives 8% back, so another $24 back. Total cost for me: $0.00. and I'm getting $74 back.

gonna grab that mcarbo trigger kit for $20 and drop the pull from 6# to 3.5#.

Nice rifle, if it was the axis 2 with accutrigger I’d be all over it.

The Axis II also has the $50 rebate, but it's a more expensive rifle. I installed the MCARBO trigger in mine back before they offered the "Pro Kit" with two spring pull weights (2.5 and 3.5 lb). It's very light, and even if it was adjustable I definitely wouldn't want to go any lighter. I bought this as a $250 rifle/scope combo to try out 6.5 Creedmoor, and couldn't be happier with the results.

View attachment 514447
Where are you seeing the $30 back for club points? Usually it's only 2% or is there a promo they don't have advertised?

Back
Top Bottom