• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Deals and steals

This flash sale starts at 8PM EDT today and only runs for 4 hrs. Not a bad deal at $55 off.

Anyone see recent or Memorial Day promo codes for Shooters Connection or Ben Stoeger Pro shop, or any similar place that has competition gear?
Speed shooters international has 10% with code MDS10
I ordered a bunch of replacement springs and spare parts for my family of 2011 pistols.

40% off anything on this page with code 40UBJA32

that is actually an OK kit - a knock-off from a military kit
View: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B089PZN6NP
rods are steel with a part that goes into the tube, so they do not brake as easily as majority of similar kits with brass rods do. a garbage quality, but, can be somewhat useful.

All MBs are the same price.
Actually they are not.

I worked for a short period of time for them as a dept. manager (and that also involved selling eggs). And they had different "pricing zones". Pretty much everyone i worked with, and knew way back then ...... are senior executives now, to give you a general timeline.

Example: lower income areas were a lower price point. Other more affluent areas were maybe a " few certain cents " more.

As an example, certain stores would be in zone A, others in zone B, etc. etc.

Realistically that makes a lot of sense (and cents).

Last edited:
Actually they are not.

I worked for a short period of time for them as a dept. manager (and that also involved selling eggs). And they had different "pricing zones". Pretty much everyone i worked with, and knew way back then ...... are senior executives now, to give you a general timeline.

Example: lower income areas were a lower price point. Other more affluent areas were maybe a " few certain cents " more.

As an example, certain stores would be in zone A, others in zone B, etc. etc.

Realistically that makes a lot of sense (and cents).
OK, I'll re-phrase. Prices in SE MA and SE NH are the same sale flyer. I know that other store prices vary by region. When I was looking at "mydemoulas.com" for their online sale flyer it was regional (as in NH and MA).

OK, I'll re-phrase. Prices in SE MA and SE NH are the same sale flyer. I know that other store prices vary by region. When I esd looking at "mydemoulas.com" for their online sale flyer it was regional (as in NH and MA).

Advertised Sale prices are generally all the same, along all stores.

But,, Non advertised, non sale priced items, such as staples ( milk, juice, eggs, butter, certain breads, etc., etc.), are always regionally priced. That includes midweek adjustments based on competitor pricing.

It was not unusual for me to get a regular corporate office call (my boss was Jack D.) , from time to time, to do a "price check" on local competitors. I would do that, then would shortly after receive a directive to either raise or lower a number of retail prices, based on local competitor pricing.

Realize, that grocery stores, like all other corporations, are more than willing to take a short term loss on 1 or more staple items, in order to bring in new long term customers that are buying a lot more than the 1 to several staple items each week. That is what weekly sales flyers are all about. Hook them, reel them in, then win them over with better customer service, bigger, cleaner stores, more offerings, more selections, other in-store deals, etc. Etc. Etc.

Last edited:
Quick compare of $28 ($7 with coupon) HIRAM Reticle Leveling System to $45 Wheeler Professional Reticle Leveling System. I’ve had the Wheeler for over 5 years and have used it (along with the Wheeler Lapping/Alignment tools) to mount/remount at least a couple of dozen scopes. The HIRAM kit is a pretty good knockoff of the Wheeler. It’s a little lighter in that it is 2/64th in thinner than the wheeler and but the build quality looks to be fairly good. The spring in the barrel unit is definitely a lot cheaper, using thiner wire. The bubble levels are also inferior and the bubble in both of the HIRAM’s level have a lot more “slop” in them, meaning that it’s harder to be sure the bubble is exactly centered. The Wheeler comes in a nice plastic case while the HIRAM comes in a nicely padded cardboard box. On the HIRAM there is just a large standard screw used to hold the barrel level adjuster while on the Wheeler it is a more elegant slotted round head screw.

Pics:
IMG_2902.jpg IMG_2901.jpg Note that the levels are the same size, I just cropped them differently.
IMG_2900.jpg IMG_2903.jpg

Having not actually used it and having owned it for all of 6 hours I can’t speak to the HIRAM’s accuracy or durability (next time I have a scope to mount I’ll use the HIRAM and check the reticle with my free floating laser level to see how it does). At $28 it seems to be a decent imitation of the Wheeler; at 7 bucks it’s well worth it.

Quick compare of $28 ($7 with coupon) HIRAM Reticle Leveling System to $45 Wheeler Professional Reticle Leveling System. I’ve had the Wheeler for over 5 years and have used it (along with the Wheeler Lapping/Alignment tools) to mount/remount at least a couple of dozen scopes. The HIRAM kit is a pretty good knockoff of the Wheeler. It’s a little lighter in that it is 2/64th in thinner than the wheeler and but the build quality looks to be fairly good. The spring in the barrel unit is definitely a lot cheaper, using thiner wire. The bubble levels are also inferior and the bubble in both of the HIRAM’s level have a lot more “slop” in them, meaning that it’s harder to be sure the bubble is exactly centered. The Wheeler comes in a nice plastic case while the HIRAM comes in a nicely padded cardboard box. On the HIRAM there is just a large standard screw used to hold the barrel level adjuster while on the Wheeler it is a more elegant slotted round head screw.

Pics:
View attachment 487533 View attachment 487534 Note that the levels are the same size, I just cropped them differently.
View attachment 487537View attachment 487538

Having not actually used it and having owned it for all of 6 hours I can’t speak to the HIRAM’s accuracy or durability (next time I have a scope to mount I’ll use the HIRAM and check the reticle with my free floating laser level to see how it does). At $28 it seems to be a decent imitation of the Wheeler; at 7 bucks it’s well worth it.
I received mine, I cannot pretend to be as detailed as you were, but, that kit looked ok to me. Classic case of chinese stealing an original design.

That's AMAZING. I saw that too. Normal price is $200 for the set. Get it, 100%.
I've been waiting for a good deal on these, but I almost caved at cabelas for like $230 or something just because they were in stock. Glad I waited

Pics:
View attachment 487533 View attachment 487534 Note that the levels are the same size, I just cropped them differently.
View attachment 487537View attachment 487538

Nice writeup! I got my HIRAM yesterday and was pretty impressed with the quality too. The only thing is it doesn't come with instructions. I suppose I could find the Wheeler instructions online somewhere though.

Nice writeup! I got my HIRAM yesterday and was pretty impressed with the quality too. The only thing is it doesn't come with instructions. I suppose I could find the Wheeler instructions online somewhere though.
It’s pretty simple if you have any sort of rifle vise. You’ll normally be using two piece rings, so you mount the lower half of the rings on the rifle. Put the rifle in the vise and use the smaller level on the flat part of the ring base to get the rifle level. Then clamp the barrel level on the barrel with it close to level. Adjust the barrel level with the adjustment until the bubble is centered and matches the small level on the ring base. The barrel level is now aligned with the ring base. Take the level off the ring base and mount the scope. Put the small level on the top turret of the scope (depending on the scope I’ll remove the turret cover since the actual turret top usually will reflect the reticle better than the turret cap). Check the barrel level to make sure the gun hasn’t shifted in the vise and then level the scope using the small level on the turret. As you tighten things down, keep checking the level on the turret and the level on the barrel to make sure nothing is shifting. That’s it.

If the rings you are using don’t have a flat toped base, you’ll need to find a point on your rifle that is flat and parallel to the horizontal plane of the barrel. On some bolt actions there will be a flat spot on the receiver you can use. Sometimes you can remove the bolt and the ejection port will give you a flat spot. In any case you want to be able to level the rifle using the small level so that you can then mount the barrel level to accurately reflect when the gun is level. You use the barrel level since often the scope will be blocking what ever flat point you used to initially level the rifle.

On most AR types you really only need two small levels. One on the scope turret and one on the rifle’s top rail, since you generally won’t be blocking the entire rail when you mount the scope.

LAPG 13% off sitewide. Coupon code- MEMORIAL13

25% off Salomon, 20% off Altama, 20% off VertX, 20% off Oakley Eyewear. Code wont work on these.

Anyone see a decent IFAK for cheap this weekend? And possibly a generic family car one.

Back
Top Bottom