• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Deals and steals

@chindogg great find on the cheap-o optic... arrived today. seems Bushnell TRS-25 quality for a fraction of the price. I just order a second just because at that price they’re practically disposable.

nearly the same price as an extra value meal, but way healthier. Hopefully it lasts longer too 🍔🍟

@chindogg great find on the cheap-o optic... arrived today. seems Bushnell TRS-25 quality for a fraction of the price. I just order a second just because at that price they’re practically disposable.

nearly the same price as an extra value meal, but way healthier. Hopefully it lasts longer too 🍔🍟
Got mine today too. Pretty shocked at the quality for $6 😂

What would you say it compares to?

the field of view is about the same diameter as an Aimpoint T2 (I think) but slightly longer (I don’t own Aimpoint, so someone else will have to verify that). The battery is a CR1620, so not a standard size (smaller) so battery life is probably craptastic.

kill flash is tacticool and seems comparable to my MRO Patrol. The red dot illumination on setting 1, is fairly comparable to the MRO on setting 3 (settings 1 & 2 are for NVGs). A few photos for anyone interested...

E14A11EE-B61D-43E5-9399-C5667F725B31.jpeg
E9172B67-7CDD-4B88-9947-AF68F02F88DE.jpeg
C23B4828-545B-4CD5-B632-5439823A150C.jpeg
C14B1AB8-5B82-414F-9E6E-E58F3AF91C9B.jpeg

I ordered two on Tuesday and another two just now. The ones I ordered on Tuesday haven't shipped yet, so I wonder if maybe they've sold out of them, but the website hasn't caught onto that fact yet.

Frank

I ordered two on Tuesday and another two just now. The ones I ordered on Tuesday haven't shipped yet, so I wonder if maybe they've sold out of them, but the website hasn't caught onto that fact yet.

Frank
I ordered three on Monday and received them. I ordered another three on Wednesday and they shipped.

the field of view is about the same diameter as an Aimpoint T2 (I think) but slightly longer (I don’t own Aimpoint, so someone else will have to verify that). The battery is a CR1620, so not a standard size (smaller) so battery life is probably craptastic.

kill flash is tacticool and seems comparable to my MRO Patrol. The red dot illumination on setting 1, is fairly comparable to the MRO on setting 3 (settings 1 & 2 are for NVGs). A few photos for anyone interested...

View attachment 479983
View attachment 479986
View attachment 479985
View attachment 479984
The question is how well will it hold zero and react to recoil. Also, from reviews- it is not 100% waterproof.

I read way too fast. $7. I ordered 3. As others have said, I could put one on my son's Nerf gun for crying out loud. LOL

I'm trying to think of a way to mount it on top of my finger. Do you think I'd get arrested if I did that in MA?

finger%20gun%20student.jpg

I ordered three on Monday and received them. I ordered another three on Wednesday and they shipped.

I finally received a shipping notification for my first two, with a scheduled delivery date of Sunday.

Frank

I'm trying to think of a way to mount it on top of my finger. Do you think I'd get arrested if I did that in MA?

finger%20gun%20student.jpg

I finally received a shipping notification for my first two, with a scheduled delivery date of Sunday.

Frank
You could. But be careful where you point that thing, fingerbanging is no joke.

All jokes aside, I received mine and it seems pretty robust. I would compare it to my Bushnell TRS-25 in build, but I haven't used it with real recoil to know if it holds up as well.

For $6, I already ordered 2 more.

You could. But be careful where you point that thing, fingerbanging is no joke.
Based on the numerous galleries on The Chive, I'd have to say that often it IS a joke. LOL.

Well. I tried mounting directly to the nerf gun rail. The nerf rail is too narrow.

They do make printed adapters though... so I have one on the way. LOL, it cost more than the red dot.
I bet some thin shims would be enough. What's the worst that happens??? the $6 optic falls off of the Nerf gun??? I wonder if I could just quick craft something out of some wood to go under the mount on the Nerf gun and then into the optic grippies. I guess you could build it all up with duct tape, too. It's not like you're THAT worried about zeroing. I tend to hip-shoot the things most of the time anyhow.

Back
Top Bottom