Deals and steals

Didn't know we aren't supposed put ammo in metal boxes going to have to dump out ammo cans then.🤔
USGI ammo cans are designed to blow out the gasket if pressure buildd up in the can, to prevent it from becoming a bomb. All my ammo is stored in USGI ammo cans.

The risk of building a straight blowback gun with subpar parts is high. OOB detonations are fairly easy to achieve with mismatched barrel & bcg.

Its about the last thing I would suggest to skimp money on.
That’s your experience. But for me and many others, they work just fine. No need to be negative for helping you out though.

That’s your experience. But for me and many others, they work just fine. No need to be negative for helping you out though.

No, there actually is quite a bit of reason to warn people off cheap shit that’s dangerous. Pretending otherwise is foolhardy.

Super Lube 21030 "Multi-Purpose Synthetic Grease with PTFE" 3.0 oz tube

Right now this stuff is just $4.30 a tube on Amazon (Prime), usually it goes for about $7.50

www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000XBH9HI/?th=1&psc=1

Great on guns and just about everything else. It is a dielectric and food grade, good on metals and most polymers are fine, but there are some elastomers you would want to use their more expensive silicone grease.

Material compatibility charts for all Super Lube products can be found here...

🐯

Really???
Not everyone is on top of this stuff.

Ideally you would store the ammo in a 1" thick wooden cabinet per SAAMI guidelines so building is probably a better idea than buying.
I am thinking of asking the local building inspector to let me know if someone is overhauling a kitchen. Would love a set of solid old wood kitchen cabinets that is still functional for the garage and/or cellar. Usually, the older stuff is more solid than the new.

Not everyone is on top of this stuff.

I am thinking of asking the local building inspector to let me know if someone is overhauling a kitchen. Would love a set of solid old wood kitchen cabinets that is still functional for the garage and/or cellar. Usually, the older stuff is more solid than the new.
Honestly just check fb marketplace. A lot of people post up free old wooden cabinets on there.

Having torn out dozens of kitchens I can say that almost 100% of "solid old wood kitchen cabinets" are builtin place and do not come out in one piece. You might find some decent cabinets but not solid wood ones.

Came across this, not really a deal or a steal but puts things in perspective:

midway has the same upper that this thread started with (like $200 at the time) for over $500 now:

For free staters looking for a new Colt Python 4.25"

Back
Top Bottom