Deals and steals

Now only if they made a better CX4 trigger
They don’t, but the SierraPapa hammer/trigger/spring kit does a pretty good job for $186.50. See their website Beretta CX4 Storm Accessories & Parts Upgrades . You have to send them your trigger housing and they custom install their hammer/trigger/spring kit and ship it all back to you. Not bad for $186.50 (plus $10.50 for shipping and you have to pay to ship it to them, another 10 bucks for USPS Priority Mail). Makes all the difference in the world.

Brownells M16 BCG. Really good quality. Have a couple, runs great. $160 or $136 with FFL/C&R account.

Did you get one? If not, I suggest backordering one of these. I ordered last Wednesday, and one shipped on Friday. Not saying it will be that quick, but it was easy. Set it and forget it, type of deal.

Brownells M16 BCG. Really good quality. Have a couple, runs great. $160 or $136 with FFL/C&R account.

These both advertise as "M16". What does that mean in reality, and in MA law and shipping to MA.

If anyone is looking for an Ammo cabinet for short bucks. $30 off the usual price.

If anyone is looking for an Ammo cabinet for short bucks. $30 off the usual price.

80# per shelf, and non-removable shelves. Not a great idea. I checked them out and wasn't impressed.

Any suggestions for a good ammo cabinet?
TBH, I have a 4-drawer locking file cabinet from an old Navy base auction that holds some of my ammo. To buy new, it would be a grand.

I've been happy with the cheap StackOn cabinets for ammo, but I beef up the shelves. They're removable, too. If it comes back in stock, this was a real deal: Stack-On 22-Gun Security Cabinet with Bonus Portable Case (Value Savings of $29) - Walmart.com

However, that Cabela's cab, if you live close enough to pick it up, is a decent deal (shipping is $150, lol), very similar size to the 22-gun Stack-On. Adding a piece of 3/4" plywood under each shelf, screwing through the side of the cabinet with 2"+ pan head screws with some thick washers under the heads should beef it up enough. 18G steel is pretty thin, about the usual for cheap filing cabinets.

Or, do what plenty of people do, and just store it in locked ammo cans.

That'll hold maybe 1/4 of my stash

TBH, I have a 4-drawer locking file cabinet from an old Navy base auction that holds some of my ammo. To buy new, it would be a grand.

I've been happy with the cheap StackOn cabinets for ammo, but I beef up the shelves. They're removable, too. If it comes back in stock, this was a real deal: Stack-On 22-Gun Security Cabinet with Bonus Portable Case (Value Savings of $29) - Walmart.com

However, that Cabela's cab, if you live close enough to pick it up, is a decent deal (shipping is $150, lol), very similar size to the 22-gun Stack-On. Adding a piece of 3/4" plywood under each shelf, screwing through the side of the cabinet with 2"+ pan head screws with some thick washers under the heads should beef it up enough. 18G steel is pretty thin, about the usual for cheap filing cabinets.

Or, do what plenty of people do, and just store it in locked ammo cans.
The file cabinet idea is a good one. I found a large multi shelf locking cabinet on the side of the road which works really well. If you can't find one free, it might be worth your time to look into something thats not gun related. Its not really a safe but works for this purpose pretty well i think.

The file cabinet idea is a good one. I found a large multi shelf locking cabinet on the side of the road which works really well. If you can't find one free, it might be worth your time to look into something thats not gun related. Its not really a safe but works for this purpose pretty well i think.
With all the companies going out of business or just closing the main office, there should be a surfeit of used office furniture (locking file cabs) for sale at the many used office furniture places in MA (or elsewhere).

Ideally you would store the ammo in a 1" thick wooden cabinet per SAAMI guidelines so building is probably a better idea than buying.

I us old card file cabinets hard to find but 8 drawers instead of first one I picked up on side of the road second I bought used. You can put 3/4 k in each drawer and be able to see it all. Plus they have higher end track rollers cause they were designed to be packed with index cards.

I appropriated one they work great

Back
Top Bottom