Deals and steals

I think it was closer to 4$
Yeah, $4 per byte is a high for any solid state memory. I do know that when I first started in computers back in 1970 1KB of core memory for an IBM 370/135 was a bit over 700 dollars ($0.70 per byte). Upgrading to a half MB of memory back then cost you $367,000. Too bad ammo prices haven’t followed the same trajectory. :(

Considering a TRS-80 Model III complete with 16K of RAM cost less than $2K at the time it came out, I'm pretty sure your IBM PC RAM from a year later was not $4/byte or even a whole $1/byte in the XT. The whole first IBM PC sold for $1,565 with 16K RAM. And I'm sure that was the whole PC, not just the RAM.

Frickin Panera. Fake, premade food billed as fresh and healthy. I mean, their frickin name is BREAD! Sure there are some good things. But "good." No.

YEARS ago, a client asked to meet at Panera for bfst one day. I had my HS daughter with me on a ride-along. We got different bread-related breakfast items. None of it was even close to above-BJ's industrial kitchen bakery standards. I was appalled.

I really hate Panera. Sorry. LOL

Their coffee isn't bad. But to have to get out of my car to go get a cup of coffee is just crazy in 2021.

I don't have one near me. If I had a McD's on my way to work, I'd stop there for coffee. Decent coffee, although it doesn't STAY hot long. Maybe I'd consider a Panera if there was a drive-thru AND it was on my way to work.

I'd also miss the ladies at my local Dunkin. They are a funny bunch.

Take $35 off with code V2B35

Anybody remember the ZIP drives? I think it was IOMEGA.
I loved my Zip drive. I still have it. It was great for backups.
🤣I've got a zip drive & 3.5" floppy drive laying around.
I have an Apple II 5.25" I'm looking to unload. Comes with original cardboard box.
Yeah the cartridges sucked. The tiniest little bump against anything and they were toast.
The ZIP disks seemed pretty rugged to me. I never had a problem.

I was in heaven when CD burners came out. That and owning an iMac DV made for some real easy backups and CD burning because the mac was so reliable. My iMac DV still works. I used a 32x pass write re write wipe on the drive when I last formatted the drive so it's all ready for a new owner.

Yes they were, and the Jazz drives (1Gb). The Jazz were soooo buggy with corruption, I lost more data on those then I care to think about playing with those at home.

Actually while I said I had problems with the ZIP drives it was a Jazz drive I had problems with in the past. I used it to back up my dad's old Mac to a Jazz drive. Like Reptile said, burning to a CD made life so much better.

f***, you guys are annoying! Open your very own mega-nerdsterfire thread with your computer bullshit. Nobody except for the five dungeons and dragons guys on here cares. Seriously, it's getting old. Just imagine a world where nobody gives a shit about what motherboard you were using in 1997. People are coming to this thread to see if they can find a bargain, not what microchip pictures you're beating off to.

f***, you guys are annoying! Open your very own mega-nerdsterfire thread with your computer bullshit. Nobody except for the five dungeons and dragons guys on here cares. Seriously, it's getting old. Just imagine a world where nobody gives a shit about what motherboard you were using in 1997. People are coming to this thread to see if they can find a bargain, not what microchip pictures you're beating off to.
[rofl]

12x Monocular
Good deal on a monocular for for the range bag for those days when you don't have the time or inclination to set up the spotting scope.
Normally just over $100 and currently $62.

Gosky Monocular

Gets good reviews from birdwatchers and I'll venture to say they're going to be pickier about the optics than targetwatchers,
Mine comes in tomorrow and I'll post what I think.

Back
Top Bottom