Deals and steals

I found it! It was delivered to my neighbors house. I went out to the get the mail and saw the big box in their driveway. I haven't opened it yet but the box looks intact, it should make for good ammo storage.
I didn't check the weight but just ordered it. Any idea on the weight?

You can't beat the price with delivery but it seems like most of these arrive damaged but fingers crossed.
Most people here have had them show up in very good shape. Mine had a few dings, but nothing bad. The reports online are way worse. The packaging leaves a lot to be desired, but they seem to survive OK.

You can get a free TMobile hotspot with 30 gigs of data good for 30 days once activated. I guess this has been going on for a while but I only recently found out about it. It can also be unlocked for use with other providers. New "customers" only.

I received a Test Drive hotspot. I followed the instructions for installing the SIM and charging (familiar process). When I turned it on it showed a welcome screen, then briefly cycled to a signal strength screen, before suddenly saying "no signal". It returned to the welcome screen and is now stuck there. Using the reset button has no effect, removing and reinserting the battery has no effect, relocating to a strong signal area has no effect. When I turn it on it goes to the welcome screen and no further. It is broadcasting a WIFI SSID but I can't log into it because I cannot get to the screen that presents the password.

Trying to speak to someone for support is an absolute joke. Abandoned on chat, 20 minute wait for a call back from an Indian dude that hasn't got a clue and puts me on hold for some other level of support that he has no idea how long it will take to pick up.

Just based on the support I do not think I will be switching to T-Moblle any time soon.

BTW the thing did connect long enough to trigger an email saying my trail period had started, but of course I have not been able to use it.

🐯

There is a dedicated support team to the test drive if you can get to them. They are close to useless, but not quite as useless as the first line techs.
I've hacked a couple of these now to unlock and fool with. Good info in the very long thread here: New T-Mobile Customers: 30-Days of Service + T-Mobile Hotspot Free + Free Shipping

My guess is the hotspot is trying to update firmware and this is only partially complete. I'd go to a strong signal strength area and let it sit for a while and see if it completes.
Also possible you can reset if you can get access to admin screen using web interface. It's a Franklin T9 so if you google beyond just the TMo pages you may get additional help.

There is a dedicated support team to the test drive if you can get to them. They are close to useless, but not quite as useless as the first line techs.
I've hacked a couple of these now to unlock and fool with. Good info in the very long thread here: New T-Mobile Customers: 30-Days of Service + T-Mobile Hotspot Free + Free Shipping

My guess is the hotspot is trying to update firmware and this is only partially complete. I'd go to a strong signal strength area and let it sit for a while and see if it completes.
Also possible you can reset if you can get access to admin screen using web interface. It's a Franklin T9 so if you google beyond just the TMo pages you may get additional help.

Thank you.

Back to hold again waiting for a fourth person.

That is right been on the phone for over 1-1/2 hours, spoken to three people to this point, all in India and each quite literally stupider than the last.

I have told this last one just send me a label so I can return this thing and its like he does not understand what I am saying. Now he has said he needs to transfer me, I said how long he said just a minute, that was 10 minutes ago.

I am stubborn enough to sit here with the phone on speaker.

If this is what T-Mobile is like there is not a chance I would use them.

🐯

Just an FYI, we just switched to T-Mobile, if you call during normal office hours you get the Maine support center and really quick and helpful. Out of hours or holidays you end up with over seas support which is worse than terrible. YMMV

Just an FYI, we just switched to T-Mobile, if you call during normal office hours you get the Maine support center and really quick and helpful. Out of hours or holidays you end up with over seas support which is worse than terrible. YMMV
My experience with MetroPCS which is TMobile now, is that the weekend/PM team in India is 50/50. They either are Rockstars with an accent or as useless as a MA politician.

not a Steal, but in stock if needed. Figured I’d post it here

Tula .223REM 55GR FMJ Non-Corrosive 1000 Round Case UPC: 814950011159-CS

Thank you.

Back to hold again waiting for a fourth person.

That is right been on the phone for over 1-1/2 hours, spoken to three people to this point, all in India and each quite literally stupider than the last.

I have told this last one just send me a label so I can return this thing and its like he does not understand what I am saying. Now he has said he needs to transfer me, I said how long he said just a minute, that was 10 minutes ago.

I am stubborn enough to sit here with the phone on speaker.

If this is what T-Mobile is like there is not a chance I would use them.

🐯
Mine displays the WiFi password on the main display after hitting the power button a few times. Yours does not? You can also connect it via USB to a computer and access the web interface that way.

I would have just tossed it in the garbage by now. Test drive fail.

I received a Test Drive hotspot. I followed the instructions for installing the SIM and charging (familiar process). When I turned it on it showed a welcome screen, then briefly cycled to a signal strength screen, before suddenly saying "no signal". It returned to the welcome screen and is now stuck there. Using the reset button has no effect, removing and reinserting the battery has no effect, relocating to a strong signal area has no effect. When I turn it on it goes to the welcome screen and no further. It is broadcasting a WIFI SSID but I can't log into it because I cannot get to the screen that presents the password.

Trying to speak to someone for support is an absolute joke. Abandoned on chat, 20 minute wait for a call back from an Indian dude that hasn't got a clue and puts me on hold for some other level of support that he has no idea how long it will take to pick up.

Just based on the support I do not think I will be switching to T-Moblle any time soon.

BTW the thing did connect long enough to trigger an email saying my trail period had started, but of course I have not been able to use it.

🐯
Exact same issue for me. I tossed it in the trash

^^ Hmm. Bought one of those a couple of years back for $95 shipped. It's a good, versatile light, I'll give it that.

Just a quick follow up. The Stack-On Lockable Cabinet from Wally World Arrived today, not a scratch on it even thou it wasn't packed real well. Already bolted in place and as soon as I get my fat a** off to Home Boy depot to get some plywood , I'll make some shelves for the ammo cans . Like 3 days total since I ordered it. Just as good if not better than the one I bought at Kittery, a few years ago at 1/2 the price.
Mine came in today, ordered Friday night. One little ding top corner but for the price and free shipping I'm not complaining. The FedEx guy was going to put it on my porch but I told him to leave it on the sidewalk and I grabbed my 2 wheeler and brought it downstairs. 20210105_114040.jpg

Back
Top Bottom