• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Deals and steals

So I checked out Viberg as I never heard of them. I can get a pair of Whites or Nick's or even Jose Sanchez boots custom fit for half the price. You haven’t sold me there.
Do you own any Viberg boots?
I do, along with a pair of Whites, Lobb’s, and (formerly) Nicks, as well as a bunch others. Viberg is in a different class quality and comfort wise. I have a pair in a more delicate leather and they have survived three years of VERY heavy use and still look new. That said, they’re strength isn’t durability (aka I wouldnt fight fire in them like I would a pair of Whites) but rather just making exquisitely crafted useable and comfortable boots in amazing materials. Many regard them as the best non-high fashion boots you can buy. Look into them and order a pair from someplace that gives free shipping just to take a look. Really can’t speak highly enough of them.

Atlas Fireworks has everything buy-one-get-one-free for online orders.
Buy online, select the location, and your pickup day (at least 24 hrs out), and when you show up to collect it they will give you two of every item.

🐯

UPDATE: 6/20/2020 Looks like the BOGO deal is over, no longer mentioned on the site. I really should have bought more stuff when I had the chance ;)

They do have this deal for the weekend...
DAD’S & GRADS SALE 6/17/2020 THROUGH 6/22/2020
PICK ANY 5 200 GRAM AERIALS FOR JUST $50.00

🐯

'A Better Belt USA'
Literally a mom and pop business in TX that makes great nylon 66 reinforced leather belts (buffalo, horse, elephant, ostrich, and shark).

I have been wearing one of their buffalo belts for a couple years and just ordered one as a gift.

Use the code "Tell a Friend" to get free priority mail shipping - then tell someone, like I just told you.

It is not listed on their online order form anymore, but if you ask they will line your buffalo hide belt with horsehide for what they used to call their "3 Gun" stiffness level, costs $10 extra.

Double stitching for $5 is a no brainer also.

You really can't beat their belts for quality/value.

🐯

'A Better Belt USA'
Literally a mom and pop business in TX that makes great nylon 66 reinforced leather belts (buffalo, horse, elephant, ostrich, and shark).

I have been wearing one of their buffalo belts for a couple years and just ordered one as a gift.

Use the code "Tell a Friend" to get free priority mail shipping - then tell someone, like I just told you.

It is not listed on their online order form anymore, but if you ask they will line your buffalo hide belt with horsehide for what they used to call their "3 Gun" stiffness level, costs $10 extra.

Double stitching for $5 is a no brainer also.

You really can't beat their belts for quality/value.

🐯

Wow those exotic belts are sexy

Something fishy here? No, it isn't 14 inches long.

A company sells wigs out of Qingdao, China (yes, the city also hosts Qingdao Brewing), has a page selling a kayak at 80% off... Yeah.

I saw an ad like that a few weeks ago. I forget what it was for, but I was so excited at the cost until I realized it HAD to be a scam. It was just too crazy cheap.

Capacity: 275 lbs.

I'd be riding the Titanic.

I know a guy in the 1980's who thought he won a giant Catamaran.
He just had to pay for shipping.

It arrived in a little box and it was a little raft.

Cost like $250.

Speaking of $250 - a new batch of Black Raider Pants has been released...

Group buy? Maybe we can get that price knocked down some.

A company sells wigs out of Qingdao, China (yes, the city also hosts Qingdao Brewing), has a page selling a kayak at 80% off... Yeah.
I saw an ad like that a few weeks ago. I forget what it was for, but I was so excited at the cost until I realized it HAD to be a scam. It was just too crazy cheap.

I bought some little "army shovels" for the kids before camping years ago. They looked really nice, especially for the price. Didn't pay attention to the details. They did show up, and were as advertised, but they were maybe 10" long, almost the same size as the photo; as in the opposite of "not actual size".

...Speaking of $250 - a new batch of Black Raider Pants has been released...

$250 for ONE pair of pants? That is about my entire spending on clothes for a year! I can't even summon up the strength any more to pay that for a nice winter coat.

I bought some little "army shovels" for the kids before camping years ago. They looked really nice, especially for the price. Didn't pay attention to the details. They did show up, and were as advertised, but they were maybe 10" long, almost the same size as the photo; as in the opposite of "not actual size".

$250 for ONE pair of pants? That is about my entire spending on clothes for a year! I can't even summon up the strength any more to pay that for a nice winter coat.
Buy once, cry once.

I've been wearing the same pants every day for years. I wear their Range Shorts in the Summer.

Buy once, cry once.

I've been wearing the same pants every day for years. I wear their Range Shorts in the Summer.
Last time I bought wranglers 4-5 years ago for $30ish a pair I bought 4 pair. Still have em. Still carry all my stuff. Wear them sometimes a day, sometimes a few days before they get washed, depends on the activity.

$250 for a pair of pants? They'd better wash themselves. And my balls. Can I say that? Well, we'll have to see...

Last edited:
CR2023 batteries are on sale for $3.80

FWIW: I have had poor experience with Duracell cr2032, Reduced run time in c-more rts2 and Leopold dpp sites to be specific... energizer work better for me.

That’s what she said.

CR2023 batteries are on sale for $3.80

I've read too many reports of dead/out of date batteries being sold thru Azn. I just placed an order thru www.Batteryjunction.com for various batteries.

Included Panasonic CR2032s for $0.29 each (qty 20). Free shipping for $50+ orders. They also have a nice selection of flashlights, run sales frequently, etc.

FWIW: I have had poor experience with Duracell cr2032, Reduced run time in c-more rts2 and Leopold dpp sites to be specific... energizer work better for me.

Not specific to CR2032, but in the last year or so I have stopped buying Duracell brand batteries. I started getting leakage from properly stored batteries that were only like a year old. I then read a number of similar statements on the web and decided to start avoiding them.

🐯

Back
Top Bottom