Deals and steals

Not sure what constitutes a deal - just got a G17 slide from these people. Looks good, haven't tried it yet.
Rock Slide G22 Gen 3 Upper | Rock Slide USA
I purchased their G17 RMR with vents. Very high quality and a SLAMMIN deal. Very tight fit between the slide and the P80 locking block rails, but I'm sure it'll loosen up and have tight tolerances.
1585591523328.png

The Brownells BRN-180 and 180s is on sale right now. If you every wanted to build a compact AR SBR or pistol that can be fired (more than once) with the stock folded this looks pretty cool. I don't see the advantage of having the 223 Wylde chamber for the 10.5 inch version so I would use 5.56. That being said I don't know shit about 223 Wylde. The buffer is internal so you can use a LAW folding stock adapter and build an awesome backpack gun. If backpack guns aren't fuddlore, I get confused some times. Looking for a COVID-19 project, welp, here is one.

The Brownells BRN-180 and 180s is on sale right now. If you every wanted to build a compact AR SBR or pistol that can be fired (more than once) with the stock folded this looks pretty cool. I don't see the advantage of having the 223 Wylde chamber for the 10.5 inch version so I would use 5.56. That being said I don't know shit about 223 Wylde. The buffer is internal so you can use a LAW folding stock adapter and build an awesome backpack gun. If backpack guns aren't fuddlore, I get confused some times. Looking for a COVID-19 project, welp, here is one.

Generally I don't understand wylde either, its supposed to make .223 accurate in a 5.56 capable barrel and is probably the right answer for those who insist on both, but have read it can be attributed to running problems.

A lot of the match-ish barrels only come that way, some people feel the .223 ammo choices are better so always go this route..

I don't seem to have trouble finding 5.56 match ammo, don't understand the concept. .223 makes a well tuned 5.56 gun a little under-gassed.

I know it generally goes bang and works ok but see no point to .223 or a barrel made for both flavors.

I purchased their G17 RMR with vents. Very high quality and a SLAMMIN deal. Very tight fit between the slide and the P80 locking block rails, but I'm sure it'll loosen up and have tight tolerances.
View attachment 343170

With a P80 I made, I used a super-fine wet stone to level out the locking block and rails on the frame. Basically inverted the frame and slid it around to smooth out non-level spots. The slide movement on the frame was a dream after that. That was a stock Glock slide though, but it should help if you are experiencing any binding.

Generally I don't understand wylde either, its supposed to make .223 accurate in a 5.56 capable barrel and is probably the right answer for those who insist on both, but have read it can be attributed to running problems.

A lot of the match-ish barrels only come that way, some people feel the .223 ammo choices are better so always go this route..

I don't seem to have trouble finding 5.56 match ammo, don't understand the concept. .223 makes a well tuned 5.56 gun a little under-gassed.

I know it generally goes bang and works ok but see no point to .223 or a barrel made for both flavors.

.223 Wylde provides more precision with 5.56 ammo too. It’s not just to make .223 more precise in a 5.56-capable chamber. For AR barrels in my civilian rifles, I seek out Wylde chambers and 1:8 twist when possible.

Not a crazy good deal or steal BUT for anyone needing to feed their AR,
Fiocchi 55 gr 223 cases (1,000 rounds) in stock. $299.99 plus $21 shipping. 40 cases left.

PM if interested.
Okay well now a different vendor has the same ammo available for $396 shipped...

Sold out nevermind.

Last edited:
With a P80 I made, I used a super-fine wet stone to level out the locking block and rails on the frame. Basically inverted the frame and slid it around to smooth out non-level spots. The slide movement on the frame was a dream after that. That was a stock Glock slide though, but it should help if you are experiencing any binding.

I never thought of this, I built a P80 when they first came out and it worked like a charm. I just did another one and the slide is to tight, I never thought of just leveling off the guide. I tossed it aside in annoyance, I will definitely give this a try, it's the front guides that are not quite level.

Comes with one free tiger cub, too.

tiger-king-doc-antle-with-tiger.jpg

These are not N95 masks but would be better than a bandana and may work for contractors needing dust masks. $17 for 5 (limit 5 packs but is free shipping with 5 packs)

KN95 masks

View attachment 346012

These are Chinese N95, some brands have been approved by FDA but not this brand- though the FDA has been adding brands to the list.
Home Depot sells the same one for $22, out of stock.

Back
Top Bottom