Deals and steals

M16 profile Nickel Boron coated bolt carrier with C158 nitrided bolt, $69.95

These are going fast. They restocked last night with 242 of them and last check they had 151 left.......thats 's the last of them.

Last edited:
these optics (PA, holosuns) are almost all made in china. the supply may be impacted, so if i were in the market i would probably get one now.

I was considering replacing a Sig Romeo 5 red dot on one of my rifles with a Primary Arms SLx 2.5 compact prism scope.
However the PA scope has been out of stock and while the website is listing "March/April" as an ETA for backorders that is not a deal I would bet on.

🐯

I was considering replacing a Sig Romeo 5 red dot on one of my rifles with a Primary Arms SLx 2.5 compact prism scope.
However the PA scope has been out of stock and while the website is listing "March/April" as an ETA for backorders that is not a deal I would bet on.

🐯

do you own any of their prism optics? the glass quality is excellent. so much better than the PA variable optics. I have a 2.5x and an older 5x model. the 2.5 is the way to go. great FOV. most folding rear sights can fit along with the optic. i think these fixed power prism optics are very under-rated especially compared to budget LPVO's.

it is unusual for PA to show backorder on an established product. my guess is that already represents supply issues, which I do not see getting better any time soon. I am anticipating shortages particularly of chinese goods for at least 6 more months. hopefully i'm wrong.

these optics (PA, holosuns) are almost all made in china. the supply may be impacted, so if i were in the market i would probably get one now.
Just worked on a buddy's upper and it had a Holosun 503 $250 for a giant Made in China stamped on it. I was shocked, expected better.

Just worked on a buddy's upper and it had a Holosun 503 $250 for a giant Made in China stamped on it. I was shocked, expected better.

not following what you expected better. i own both aimpoints and holosuns. i've had zero issues with holosuns including fairly heavy round counts on long stroke piston guns, which are notorious for shredding any glass. a holoson is still $200 less than an aimpoint pro which i would consider the next best budget option although it's not a micro.

do you own any of their prism optics? the glass quality is excellent. so much better than the PA variable optics. I have a 2.5x and an older 5x model. the 2.5 is the way to go. great FOV. most folding rear sights can fit along with the optic. i think these fixed power prism optics are very under-rated especially compared to budget LPVO's.

it is unusual for PA to show backorder on an established product. my guess is that already represents supply issues, which I do not see getting better any time soon. I am anticipating shortages particularly of chinese goods for at least 6 more months. hopefully i'm wrong.

I'm a big fan of the 2.5x PA too, have 4 of them. Kinda the standard thing I'd put on an AR.

I'm a big fan of the 2.5x PA too, have 4 of them. Kinda the standard thing I'd put on an AR.

I’m waiting for their Gl 2x, but we’ll see how much it costs. If it’s too high, I’ll just save a little more and pick up a TA44 instead. But I did just use the 12% coupon to get a 1x Cyclops for a backup carbine and put an order in for the new 1-8 FFP Raptor to see if it’ll satisfy my BDC/wind hold reticle LPVO itch.

The approximation 1 inch per MOA and 100 yards (3600) only works for small angular values where the tangent of the angle is very close to the angle itself. The lager the MOA value, the less accurate the approximation become. For example, at 65 MOA (65/60 degree) the difference is about 3in. So, I guess it is a lot closer approximation at just over one degree than I would have guessed.

65moa*1"/MOA = 65" = 5ft 5in [using the approximation]

3600in * tan(65/60) = 68" center to edge of circle = 5ft 8in [using trig]

(updated to correct an error)

Last edited:
Searched my email acct for "federal hst". Returned emails from TS from...
Sept 5 2019
Oct 3 2019
Jan2 2020
Feb5 2020

Definitely seems to be at the beginning of the month. Cant say for sure if they do it every month.

M16 profile Nickel Boron coated bolt carrier with C158 nitrided bolt, $69.95

These are going fast. They restocked last night with 242 of them and last check they had 151 left.......thats 's the last of them.

Did you order one of these? Curious about the quality, they do not list a manufacturer. Seems like a good price though.

My 2020 goal is to build some things the government doesn't know exists, is this a goal for you? Midway has Romanian AK under folder kits on sale. There is a side folder option there too.

I thought I read somewhere they were going to stop selling these. Is this a good deal?

• 2pcs UV5R Dual-Band 136-174/400-480 MHz Ham Two-way Radio with Programming Usb Cable
  • 50 CTCSS/104 DCS; FM radio;128 groups channels storage; Shortcut menu operation model
  • Great battery life: 1800mAh large capacity Lion Battery can last 8-12 hours of continuous use
  • Built-in high brightness LED that can be used as a flashlight or alert system for emergency situation
  • Compatible with UV-5R 3800mah and 3600mah extended batteries.

Amazon product ASIN B01HICB5M4View: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01HICB5M4?ref_=pgi_fl93k1f68kjk8i97ii99bbifgmlb&tag=vzcmapper-us-20&ascsubtag=pgi-P01-V01-05-X92-LO-T1R3AT

I thought I read somewhere they were going to stop selling these. Is this a good deal?

• 2pcs UV5R Dual-Band 136-174/400-480 MHz Ham Two-way Radio with Programming Usb Cable
  • 50 CTCSS/104 DCS; FM radio;128 groups channels storage; Shortcut menu operation model
  • Great battery life: 1800mAh large capacity Lion Battery can last 8-12 hours of continuous use
  • Built-in high brightness LED that can be used as a flashlight or alert system for emergency situation
  • Compatible with UV-5R 3800mah and 3600mah extended batteries.

Amazon product ASIN B01HICB5M4View: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01HICB5M4?ref_=pgi_fl93k1f68kjk8i97ii99bbifgmlb&tag=vzcmapper-us-20&ascsubtag=pgi-P01-V01-05-X92-LO-T1R3AT
I’ve heard alot of chatter about Baofengs. What’s the story?

Back
Top Bottom