Deals and steals

Tapco AR-15 tool on sale for $20.

High Noon Holsters
45 (Presidents) hour sale 30% off everything
code: prez30

Last edited:
A Grey Ghost apparition bag came from Botach over the weekend. I've been looking for a non-tactical looking backpack for compact/short rifles, but most bags are just a bit short: you need about minimum of 21" for many AR15 SBRs and most backpacks are 17"-20" internal in height. Well, this bag is LONG! It suits my Daewoo K1A1 measures 30" total length with the flash hider attached and the stock collapsed: Grey Ghost Gear Apparition SBR Short Barreled Rifle Bag Lime Green At $80, it's less than half of price compared to any other websites I have seen. And a full length assembled rifle in a bag!

The navy color sold out when I found the deal and the last few orange ones sold out when I sat on it. The lime green is BRIGHT, so there goes the hope of playing a urban sniper, but for the purpose of running around Back Bay like an environs-conscious liberal mountaineer wannabe, this is the shit!

100_17__44466.1574365091.jpg

100_20__63559.1574365096.jpg

Last edited:
A Grey Ghost apparition bag came from Botach over the weekend. I've been looking for a non-tactical looking backpack for compact/short rifles, but most bags are just a bit short: you need about minimum of 21" for many AR15 SBRs and most backpacks are 17"-20" internal in height. Well, this bag is LONG! It suits my Daewoo K1A1 measures 30" total length with the flash hider attached and the stock collapsed: Grey Ghost Gear Apparition SBR Short Barreled Rifle Bag Lime Green At $80, it's less than half of price compared to any other websites I have seen. And a full length assembled rifle in a bag!

The navy color sold out when I found the deal and the last few orange ones sold out when I sat on it. The lime green is BRIGHT, so there goes the hope of playing a urban sniper, but for the purpose of running around Back Bay like an environs-conscious liberal mountaineer wannabe, this is the shit!

100_17__44466.1574365091.jpg

100_20__63559.1574365096.jpg
My wallet hates this thread.

This is at 4 Seasons: Sellier & Bellot 9mm FMJ 115 grain or 124 grain ammunition

See the source image

This is excellent quality target ammunition.
$8.49 / box = 16.5 cents per round
$169.80/case of 1000 rds

40 box limit per customer. 3,000 boxes available at this price.​

This is at 4 Seasons: Sellier & Bellot 9mm FMJ 115 grain or 124 grain ammunition

See the source image

This is excellent quality target ammunition.
$8.49 / box = 16.5 cents per round
$169.80/case of 1000 rds

40 box limit per customer. 3,000 boxes available at this price.​
Hardly worth reloading at that price...

If you were looking for a reflex red dot sight for your FDE build this is a pretty good deal.
Use code: PMOP

Winds up being about $286 for the red led version

Holosun sights have been going up in price over the year or two. I’ve had a HS503C with the 2 MOA dot and 65 MOA circle with solar power for 2 years now. I love it and the led is super clear.

If you were looking for a reflex red dot sight for your FDE build this is a pretty good deal.
Use code: PMOP

Winds up being about $286 for the red led version

Holosun sights have been going up in price over the year or two. I’ve had a HS503C with the 2 MOA dot and 65 MOA circle with solar power for 2 years now. I love it and the led is super clear.

Damn. I’ve been looking at these for a while and have generally read only good things. If I could justify another red dot I’d pick one of these up.

IIRC it was Jon Green (GOAL) that introduced me to the idea of buying this stuff off-season to use as chamber flags. Cut into 7-8" pieces and inserted into the chamber/hanging out to be seen works very well.

I think I showed him at a W.O.T. event how I use it in my gun box as a "field version" of a "cleaning rod". It just rolls up, but can push a patch down a rifle OK when necessary, without hard metal rods. It could even work in a backpack or fanny pack type of use. I got a yard long piece from a landscape guy. It is a little thicker than what a homeowner typically uses. (Sorry Jon if I'm wrong here.)

Racks, shelves, cubbies, and nice jewelry counter display cases are all on sale (or were) at Sears in Auburn. Good solid stuff at clearance prices.

I think I showed him at a W.O.T. event how I use it in my gun box as a "field version" of a "cleaning rod". It just rolls up, but can push a patch down a rifle OK when necessary, without hard metal rods. It could even work in a backpack or fanny pack type of use. I got a yard long piece from a landscape guy. It is a little thicker than what a homeowner typically uses. (Sorry Jon if I'm wrong here.)

You can use that as a pull through, too. Melt an end with a lighter and smoosh it on something flat to create a button on one end. Cut the other end at an angle to create a point. Allows you to push the sharp end through a patch, slide it down to the button and you have a pull through cleaning rod.

65MOA circle transcribes about 5' at 100yds. Basically, up to 100yds, put the BG in the circle and bang and you hit them. Maybe not an effective one, but for most closer-up work, that 65MOA circle is a nice outer-perimeter. Easier to pick up under stress than JUST a 2MOA dot. While allowing you the "accuracy" of a 2MOA (versus 5 or 10MOA) dot that won't completely cover items or mammals you might be shooting at.

Back
Top Bottom