Deals and steals

MTM/Case-Gard makes good products.

I would consider these MTM/Case-Gard plastic "50 Cal" ammo boxes to be a good deal at the regular $9.99

But they are a steal on sale at $7.99 shipped Prime.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003TNV46O/

Those are the green colored ones, I prefer the black, but green is what is on sale now.

I have loads of GI M2A1 surplus metal boxes which I use for long term storage and use these plastic boxes in a supporting role.

That being said these make a good seal, plus due to the domed lid hold more than a GI can will, they have two lock holes, and if stored in a climate control environment where the greater thermal expansion of polypropylene vs steel is not a concern then they are a viable alternative to GI boxes.

You can pack them with 30 lbs of ammo and when picked up they do not flex or feel less than sturdy. Although I would not go swinging them around to test that.

Like I said good deal at $10 better at $8.

In this photo there are four cartridge boxes laying flat on the bottom below the ones standing on end, for a total of 20 boxes (1000 rounds).

EfrcTre.jpg

:emoji_tiger:

Last edited:
Those look awful like the poor-fitting Howard Leights. Although at $19, they're a better deal.

It's bad when the HL's on a vendor webpage can't grip a dummy's head.

B310319_04.jpg

Don't worry. No sound comes from below.

Those look awful like the poor-fitting Howard Leights. Although at $19, they're a better deal.

It's bad when the HL's on a vendor webpage can't grip a dummy's head.

B310319_04.jpg

Don't worry. No sound comes from below.

Those are quite good, or they use to be, not for real big caliper by themselves, a little lacking in total DB kill.
sound quality is good, batteries last forever.
add foam ear plugs and good to go for AR and larger.
I turn up volume to counteract using ear plugs,
seems to respond the to shot well.
worth $50

add they should have jack and are stereo to boot

Woot is an amazon company. Amazon won’t ship any kind of knife to MA. I used to buy kershaw scallions from them but I can’t anymore.

It is actually 'spring assisted' knifes that Amazon will not ship, and as I pointed out in that post they are apparently not applying that "made up rule" to Woot.

It is actually 'spring assisted' knifes that Amazon will not ship, and as I pointed out in that post they are apparently not applying that "made up rule" to Woot.

They are not, I ordered one of the spring assist SOG knives and they sent it, received it the other day.

Actually I just checked. The Kershaw is NOT a spring assisted knife but does have a thumb-assist peg. Amazon will not ship it to MA.

When I looked at a couple of "regular" pocket knives (mostly Buck folding knives) they would ship them to MA.

Last edited:
Actually I just checked. The Kershaw is NOT a spring assisted knife but does have a thumb-assist peg. Amazon will not ship it to MA.

I was under the impression that one of the features of a Kershaw 'Scallion' was their "SpeedSafe® Assisted Opening".
Scallion, Frame Lock |  Kershaw Knives

Here is a video with a cut-away view of the spring in action...

In any event Woot is apparently GTG.

JM custom kydex running $10 off their wing 2.0 holster through 8/31. pistol forum has a 10% off code p-forum which will also work, so the claw 2.0 is $75 -> $65 -> $58.50 which is an incredible deal. if looking for appendix holster JMCK makes some of the finest stuff out there. with these types of holsters carrying a full size pistol is easy.

JM Custom Kydex: Product Search

I just picked up another scope from Samplelist.com, and it's been a while since they were mentioned, so....

Samplelist is SWFA's method of disposing of over-runs, returns, demos and discontinued. No guarantee of what's in stock at any moment, but they are worth checking. I believe this was my 4th or 5th purchase from them. Their condition descriptions are accurate, if conservative. I can just barely tell the scope was mounted once before by some very faint ring marks.

A Primary Arms 1-6x24 with the KISS reticle was $235 shipped, I'm looking to stress test PA's warranty by putting it on a 375 H&H. [smile]

Job lot this weekend, pelican-Harding tactical storage case, 25*24*18”; defense contractor surplus. Buy one $200 and get the $200 crazy deal gift card with it.....so, free.

Yeah, I've been there. But I looked at their website and couldn't find the item.

Regarding Building 19... every I walked into that place I started sneezing!

:)

I forget that not everyone knows what Job Lot is. It's like an upscale Building 19. LOL. I go about 3-4x/yr. Always amazed at some of the stuff they have.

I'm tempted to go to the store and special order that case, considering it's essentially free for me( wife buys a lot of crap at Jobs Lot). What it's good for? It's too bulky to transport handguns or disassembled AR's to the range, it's pointless at home if you have a gun safe.

Any ideas?

Back
Top Bottom