Deals and steals

Too fast == over-stabilization, right?

I guess I have another case from TargetSportsUSA in my near future...

Technically destabilization, but ya. It will spin so fast it will drift or keyhole right out of the barrel. Put something really light through a 1/8 and they will spin so fast that they rip themselves apart. For lols I put some 24gr through an AR with a 1/8 and you saw a little puff about maybe 30yrds down range. [laugh]

If the bullet is solidly constructed you should still be okay with a 52 in a 1/8 twist.
Because of my fat fingers, I actually have 55s, but that's basically unimportant. Good to know that I can run the lighter (read: cheaper) stuff until I can tell that it's my limiting factor, then move up to the 69s or 75s as my wallet permits.

Because of my fat fingers, I actually have 55s, but that's basically unimportant. Good to know that I can run the lighter (read: cheaper) stuff until I can tell that it's my limiting factor, then move up to the 69s or 75s as my wallet permits.
You should be okay unless they're really cheap but you'll know if you fire at the target and you get keyholes or no holes or splatter on the target because the bullets are breaking up.

Too fast == over-stabilization, right?

I guess I have another case from TargetSportsUSA in my near future...
You really cant over stabilize
What can happen is the RPMs can be so high that it will cause any defects to be more evident and centrifugal force can tear the bullet apart.
Like a unbalance tire you might not feel it until you get past a certain speed.
Some bullets work better than others at different twists and velocities.
I have some older 52 gn match bullets that do good in 1/7 1/8 and 1/9
I dont have a 1/12 or 1/14 barrel anymore but they should do fine if I did. I have some 62 grain Ballistic tip That run well in my 1/7 AR barrel but im not pushing them to fast
My 20” Wilson Arms AR barrel in 1/8 gives me the widest range of bullet weight and accuracy

If you want a project or want to build a short barreled bolt action it makes sense. As somebody noted a wildcat round or 20 Tactical they are good reasons. If you want a quality rifle for less money invested buy the Tikka.
Not .20 "Tactical", but .20 Practical (google it!).

Or this:

Just without the slide. Still, $140 for both stainless threaded barrel and frame w/ jig.
Here you go. Just buy these 2 and you have the same kit for a G19 for slightly less money than the other post.

Nice.

Wish they had barrel/slide/trigger combos.

Anybody have a "COUPON CODE" they might like to share?

Not .20 "Tactical", but .20 Practical (google it!).

Or this:

I'm building a 20 Tactical, what made you pick the 20 Practical? I think the 20P brass is easier if I recall. I bought a 20T upper at dealer cost from my LGS when somebody didn't pick up a special order, now I'm building a bolt action, I just sort of stumbled into 20T. Ballistically I thought they were similar.

I'm building a 20 Tactical, what made you pick the 20 Practical? I think the 20P brass is easier if I recall. I bought a 20T upper at dealer cost from my LGS when somebody didn't pick up a special order, now I'm building a bolt action, I just sort of stumbled into 20T. Ballistically I thought they were similar.
I haven't started down this path yet. I would take the 20P over the 20T only because it is less steps to reload. Both are similar, almost identical in performance, and both are approaching the .204 Ruger but use way less powder, and use way more common .223 brass. The other one I am looking at is the .20 Vartarg, which is also very compelling. It is in between the .17 Fireball and the .22 Fireball in size, and more importantly, in performance. It is a little lighter and faster than the .22 Fireball, but a little slower and heavier than the .17 Fireball.

Whichever one of these it is, it will be used for fox, groundhogs, and mainly coyote. Also for some fun at the range.

I was so temped, but emptied my cart at last second considering all of my previous pandemic purchased $$$!
Maybe someone want to grab this deal. Bear Creek Arsenal - 450 Bushmaster complete uppers $249 thru 5/31. They have a few other choices too.

image.png

I was so temped, but emptied my cart at last second considering all of my previous pandemic purchased $$$!
Maybe someone want to grab this deal. Bear Creek Arsenal - 450 Bushmaster complete uppers $249 thru 5/31. They have a few other choices too.

View attachment 360895
Good thing you didn't, BCA is complete shit

Good thing you didn't, BCA is complete shit
Really? I’ve been thinking about getting their 10.5" 5.56 upper once my tax stamp comes. At $220 it seems like it’s worth the gamble? Of course I’m not buying it for HD/SHTF but just a range toy.
I’m not an AR expert by any means. As long as it runs and shoots decent out to 100 yards I’d be happy [laugh]

Really? I’ve been thinking about getting their 10.5" 5.56 upper once my tax stamp comes. At $220 it seems like it’s worth the gamble? Of course I’m not buying it for HD/SHTF but just a range toy.
I’m not an AR expert by any means. As long as it runs and shoots decent out to 100 yards I’d be happy [laugh]

Not to mention the numerous ones I've seen that were garbage. Go over to the AR page on FB and ask about BCA.

I got a couple or threaded glock barrels from them when they were Black Friday sale. I just planned on using them for Gucci builds to sell. never got around to it though.

Back
Top Bottom