Deals and steals

mac1911

NES Member
Rating - 100%
65   0   0
Ordered one last night, looks like it isn’t shipping until first of August. Any one try one of these?
thats fine.
As for trying one....its about as good as a cheap celstron can be.
Its a small light weight scope to leave in your truck or camper to use when bringing out the big nice scope is just not needed.
Its 45' eye piece and rotating ring along with decent eye relief at $25 is fine by me. Looks like they get $60-$90 normally. My last cheap scope Meade compact I bought at Job Lot for $29 about 10 years ago did well by me for its end use and recently the mounting base on the scope itself fell apart.

The only thing I see being a down side on the Celestron is the mount/ring base on the scope. It looks a bit small and thin.
Good thing is Celestrons Life Time Warranty
<iframe width="398" height="270" src="LandScout Spotting Scope Tour - YouTube" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I have a few Celestron products
i have the 27x Long Eye Relief version of this
Regal M2 80ED Spotting Scope | Celestron - Telescopes, Telescope Accessories, Outdoor and Scientific Products
Its a very nice scope.
Also have this lower end star gazer. Im still amazed at how well it works. Watching jupiters moons and some good detail of our moon.
AstroMaster 102AZ | Celestron - Telescopes, Telescope Accessories, Outdoor and Scientific Products

Last edited:

NHCraigT

NES Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

boilermaker

NES Member
Rating - 100%
30   0   0

richc

NES Member
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Probably easier for them to say NO to all MA orders to affirm compliance to the Massachusetts overlords.

Or... and I've seen similar... their order systems are not setup in a way to disallow orders of certain products to certain geographies. Some of these companies run on old, creaky software that is not very flexible nor easily maintainable.

Last edited:

Golddiggie

NES Member
Rating - 97.3%
36   1   0
Probably easier for them to say NO to all MA orders to affirm compliance the Massachusetts overlords.

Or... and I've seen similar... their order systems are not setup in a way to disallow orders of certain products to certain geographies. Some of these companies run on old, creaky software that is not very flexible nor easily maintainable.
Good reason to have friends in free states close to you for such things. ;)

Al-Jim19

NES Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I got this code in my email for bravo concealment a few days ago, good for one week from when I got it. Just used it so it may or may not work for others:

2629-6HB5-VR6B

If you’ve never tried bravo concealment I highly recommend them. Their selection is a bit limited but good quality for very reasonable prices. They’re having some specials now too where everything is already 10% off and you get a free magazine pouch with every holster.

Be aware that they will spam the everloving shit out of your email after you order from them.

wahsben

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
$0.18 wolf gold got my attention lol
Same here... was about to see if my FFL would buy some for me. At that price for the Gold I'd have no problem throwing the extra $$ at my FFL for it and still come out on top. I think Targetsports is getting $300 for 1k rounds right now of Wolf Gold. Little bit less if you're prime.

daekken

NES Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Same here... was about to see if my FFL would buy some for me. At that price for the Gold I'd have no problem throwing the extra $$ at my FFL for it and still come out on top. I think Targetsports is getting $300 for 1k rounds right now of Wolf Gold. Little bit less if you're prime.
$247.94 for 1000 rounds of Wolf Gold at Targetsports with Prime. A little more than "little bit less!" Under 25 cents per round.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
FWIW, I'm sure there are plenty of us that would accept PSA or Brownells shipments at our NH addresses for a 6 pack ;)
I've actually thought about reaching out to the board for this...I see this PSA deals all the time and I can't do anything about it. I used to have a source in RI but they moved..

daekken

NES Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I've actually thought about reaching out to the board for this...I see this PSA deals all the time and I can't do anything about it. I used to have a source in RI but they moved..
I've done it for MA inmates.

The thing is, for the buyer it needs to be a great deal after you factor in the cost of the six-pack (or equivalent), gas to drive there and back, and your time.

I.e., a four-pack of most craft beer I like runs $12-$15. Add on, say, 1-2 gallons of fuel (call it $6.00) and your time (however you value it) and you've already lost almost $20 of whatever the savings were. For some deals it's definitely worth it, or if you really buy in bulk, but for $10-$20 off it's probably not worth it. Or alternatively if it's for something you have a hard time sourcing in MA.

Reactions: 92G
Top Bottom