• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Deals and steals

a radical complete upper can be just fine as is - but do read negative 1-3 star reviews there to see what possible issues to anticipate. it will need to be properly inspected before firing. gas block with no screws, not cycling, overclocked brake/gas, etc. just do you diligence to inspect it properly. and measure the headspace.

same as with bear creek and etc comparable lower tier vendors.

a radical complete upper can be just fine as is - but do read negative 1-3 star reviews there to see what possible issues to anticipate. it will need to be properly inspected before firing. gas block with no screws, not cycling, overclocked brake/gas, etc. just do you diligence to inspect it properly. and measure the headspace.

same as with bear creek and etc comparable lower tier vendors.
Just posting what looks like a deal. People can do their own research.

200W for $110 w/free shipping is a reasonable price I expect...I've bought from them before, they make their own cables in Reno but I'd guess these are of chinese origin.

Grabbed 6 of these with the BOGO deal.
What else do I need? Just a charge controller and batteries?

Cold Steel Recon Tanto on sale at Amazon for $36.74...

71fzmk6JKvL._AC_SX679_.jpg

Grabbed 6 of these with the BOGO deal.
What else do I need? Just a charge controller and batteries?

Nice. I believe so, but I'm no expert. I have some the AIMS Power batteries, they're expensive but very robust.

Edit: Oh yeah - you need power inverter(s) too. Again AIMS Power are top quality.

Cold Steel SRK $37.84 at Amazon

71ofVeddvFL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I have the SRK, and the handle is like glue. What a grip! I ordered the Tanto version with the same grip (up a few posts) because I like that shape/style better and it's on sale. Will probably give the SRK knife to my daughter for her BOB, or Karma it off if she doesn't want it.

Oh hey, the compact version is on sale too... Cold Steel SRK-c $38.43 at Amazon both knives cheaper on Amazon than BladeHQ. Not sure how long the "sale" will last.

71uif+jrxLL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

@chris_1001 don't curse me out.

Last edited:
Cold Steel SRK $37.84 at Amazon

71ofVeddvFL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I have the SRK, and the handle is like glue. What a grip! I ordered the Tanto version with the same grip (up a few posts) because I like that shape/style better and it's on sale. Will probably give the SRK knife to my daughter for her BOB, or Karma it off if she doesn't want it.

Oh hey, the compact version is on sale too... Cold Steel SRK-c $38.43 at Amazon both knives cheaper on Amazon than BladeHQ. Not sure how long the "sale" will last.

71uif+jrxLL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

@chris_1001 don't curse me out.

🤬🤬🤬🤬

@enbloc I think is to blame for me getting the SRK-C last time, but I wanted the full size, so the above cursing stands!!!!

I surely cannot be the only one here who has no idea what any of this means.
"GT"?
"Broadsword"?

GT - Glocktalk. I'd assume that anyone on NES would know what GT is but on GT, no one would know what NES is. Both know what ARFCOM is. . . .but ar15.com is almost as fast to type and has no double-capitals.

Broadsword was a member that who was a SERIOUS prepper. He and his wife would get MASSIVE MH deliveries and parse it out around the country. They'd do it 2-3x a year. They'd make the difference between the wholesale price and what they (under)charged us GT members.

MH is Mountain House. LOL

This is going back a TON of years when GT was still owned by Eric, teh creator. I think it's changed hands at least 2x since then, maybe more. Corporatized. I was around when Eric was a regular poster on the forum. It was a silly time.

some people do take it to a next level indeed.
what i could never understand - how do they really anticipate to be able to move between their multiple MHes when SHTF occurs and how and why they presume those houses will remain intact and with any content inside when hungry mobs will start scavenging.
considering that probably all the locals know rather well where an every crazy prepper keeps his stash.

some people do take it to a next level indeed.
what i could never understand - how do they really anticipate to be able to move between their multiple MHes when SHTF occurs and how and why they presume those houses will remain intact and with any content inside when hungry mobs will start scavenging.
considering that probably all the locals know rather well where an every crazy prepper keeps his stash.

There ain't really no mountains in Mass, so I'd get hill-house. I'm actually building one of those. LOL

And you watch too many dystopian movies. SHTF is not going to be like that. Society won't stand for it. Man is meant to be in society. Those movies are lying to you. I'm not worrying about TEOTWAWKI, I'm thinking a major hurrio-cane or Bwizzid. Just in case we are out for a week or more and can't get out for some reason. I remember 78. We were stuck in the house for a week. We didn't see a plow FOR A WEEK! After 3 days, my folks hopped into the back of a neighbor's truck with 4WD and drove to the local store. They were cleaned out except for flour and yeast and such. We ate like kings. Thankfully. We were lucky we didn't lose power - we had no backup from that.

Neither a deal, nor a steal, but for you titanium lovers out there, I thought this was pretty cool: Heirloom Dual Sapphire Titanium Compass Gen 2

Frank
It looks nice as an 'art piece' as he calls it. If you watch the video on that page the dial does not always return to north without having to be manipulated. I'd give it as a keepsake to someone who uses map for land navigation. Definitely neat, though. It could sit next to my SAR titanium beard comb/cutter.

Last edited:
Neither a deal, nor a steal, but for you titanium lovers out there, I thought this was pretty cool: Heirloom Dual Sapphire Titanium Compass Gen 2
Frank
That is pretty cool.

GT - Glocktalk. I'd assume that anyone on NES would know what GT is
I've heard of "Glocktalk", which I think is a forum like this, but for people who have a Glock. ??
Never heard it called "GT" until now, or I missed it.

Broadsword was a member that who was a SERIOUS prepper. He and his wife would get MASSIVE MH deliveries and parse it out around the country. They'd do it 2-3x a year. They'd make the difference between the wholesale price and what they (under)charged us GT members.
Member of what?

OK. Whatever, LOL?

Pretty good deal

If you can wear a wide, it looks like most of those are on sale
For some reason when I select my size the price changes to $160 :(
That's why I bought the 13W not the 14W...
Looks like the sale is over. I tried 12.5W and $160 also.

LOL is Laugh Out Loud🤣🤣
Der I know what LOL means. I meant LOL at "MH"="Mountain House".

How about LH, BH, CH?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom