• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Deals and steals

Peltor Sport Tactical 500 electronic muffs for $111.99 at Midway right now.

Peltor Sport Tactical 500 Electronic Earmuffs - MPN: TAC500-OTH

$70 less than Bass Pro's selling price.

These are a great set of muffs. I use these for pistol, rimfire, and occasionally shotgun shooting. They've got bluetooth so you can connect your phone and listen to music while you're shooting. Fit is reasonably comfortable except for when it's hot as hell out, but that's a failing with all muffs in those conditions.

The electronic reduction works pretty well. It will dampen the sound of the shot without reducing other sounds unlike the other set of electronic headphones I have that just cut out all sound.

These are a great set of muffs. I use these for pistol, rimfire, and occasionally shotgun shooting. They've got bluetooth so you can connect your phone and listen to music while you're shooting. Fit is reasonably comfortable except for when it's hot as hell out, but that's a failing with all muffs in those conditions.

The electronic reduction works pretty well. It will dampen the sound of the shot without reducing other sounds unlike the other set of electronic headphones I have that just cut out all sound.

Got a set on the way for hunting season this year. They got great reviews and seem to be top of the line as far as electronics and noise reduction go (have a muzzle brake on my 308 and Id like to not lose what hearing I have left). My only concern is that they don't interfere with a decent cheek weld.

Got a set on the way for hunting season this year. They got great reviews and seem to be top of the line as far as electronics and noise reduction go (have a muzzle brake on my 308 and Id like to not lose what hearing I have left). My only concern is that they don't interfere with a decent cheek weld.

I haven't had any trouble getting a good cheek weld on a rifle. It's a little bit awkward at times with the shotgun, but even that isn't bad when you adjust to it.

Holy shit mosins have gotten expensive. Even like 5 years ago you could find a really good quality one for $100. AIM is just as expensive as cabelas I think.

Good luck finding a supply of cheap ammo too. I’ve had a spam can sitting in the classifieds for weeks at $150, just what I invested in it. I think mosins may have lost some of their lustre.

Holy shit mosins have gotten expensive. Even like 5 years ago you could find a really good quality one for $100. AIM is just as expensive as cabelas I think.

Good luck finding a supply of cheap ammo too. I’ve had a spam can sitting in the classifieds for weeks at $150, just what I invested in it. I think mosins may have lost some of their lustre.
I remember $35.

I had two... First I bought from AIM for $105 + shipping including "Best of Five". Second I bought private for $150 from a guy who put a scope on and modded the stock to accept a screwed on straight bolt, included a .50cal can with a couple hundred rounds of surplus ammo. Bought a few spam cans, most expensive one was $115 including an opener. Sold both guns and 2 spam cans to a member here a couple of years ago for I think $400. Fun guns, cool to have and shoot, nice piece of history. Wouldn't consider buying one for $300. If I wanted a gun that shot that size (basically .30cal) ammo I'd buy a 30-30 or 30-06. Better gun, reloadable brass, more accurate... yeah, the ammo for my 30-06 is close to $1/round, but it's everywhere, NON-surplus Mosin food is about the same price anyway, and it's not like either gun is for plinking.

Mosin's and Yugo's will be moderately priced in about 20 years. Factoring in inflation from $50-200 to then-prices they'll seem relatively cheap.

Why?

Because people bought them just'b'cuz. Now there is a run on them. More b'cuz'z. Very few will shoot them. So it'll be up to the heirs who want to dump them starting in 20 years. Suddenly, a whole plethora of 91/30's and no interest. It might wax again, but who knows.

Hell, I recall 15 yrs ago when you could be an A5 for $500. No one wanted that stupid hard-hitting hump-back shotgun.

As far as i can tell, the Romeo 5 is just a holosun rebranded with the sig name and a markup. At $120, its cheaper than the holosun version. Not a bad deal.

The romeo 5 has a garbage track record. I would not put it on par with any holosun 403 or 503. The romeo 4 has potential given reticle options but its also overpriced. Overall I do not have in sig red dots and last time i checked they are dodgy on warranty for anythjng electronic.

Back
Top Bottom