Deals and steals

Len-2A Training

Instructor
Instructor
NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 98.6%
71   1   0
I bought a Serpa for my 1911 long before anyone discovered that they were problematic. It was bought as a cheap range holster, not for carry purposes. I have a 1911 Blue Gun and I've tried it many times to see if my finger ends up in the trigger. Never, I use the finger flat to release the holster and my trigger finger ends up along the frame every time.

I certainly don't recommend these holsters, but if you train properly I don't think they are as disasterous as most people make them out to be.

I have a couple of Orpaz holsters and they are pretty good for the money as range holsters.

76Too

NES Member
Rating - 100%
51   0   0
I bought a Serpa for my 1911 long before anyone discovered that they were problematic. It was bought as a cheap range holster, not for carry purposes. I have a 1911 Blue Gun and I've tried it many times to see if my finger ends up in the trigger. Never, I use the finger flat to release the holster and my trigger finger ends up along the frame every time.

I certainly don't recommend these holsters, but if you train properly I don't think they are as disasterous as most people make them out to be.

I have a couple of Orpaz holsters and they are pretty good for the money as range holsters.
I’ve only ever used them on my 92fs and my M9A3. I have multiple Blackhawk serpas that were provided to me by the US taxpayers (thanks for that) and they work just fine for my intended purposes.

My drop leg holster is an important part of my SHTF gear because it allows me to carry below my plate carrier with zero obstructions to get to my sidearm. I’ve used belt clip mounted setups in USPSA as well to meet the rules/requirements and everyone there always shits on my setup...but I try to train how I might fight.

I’m not going to win any pissing contests here, so I’ll concede that there definitely ARE better setups out there, but the bad reputation of the serpa holsters is mostly just from folks echoing what they’ve heard.

Use what’s comfortable for you. I like the retention of the Blackhawk serpa where it’ll be located on my body when I’m geared up...maybe that’s just me, but you won’t convince me that the holster isn’t doing it’s job as intended.

CatSnoutSoup

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
^QFT

the other reason to go safariland is for their mounting options like the QLS. Everything else I’ve seen in the same safariland price range is garbage.

At the risk of turning this into a holsters thread - this is only my second but I promise this will be my last comment.

I pointed out the Safariland ALS holster because our friend @SKumar set a $30-40 price range and at that price point there is no better proven retention holster, in my opinion.

However if he wanted to risk moths escaping by opening his now famously tight wallet a little further, then I would recommend my choice for a retention holster from G-Code and its RTS mounting system options.

Note: Use their 'Drop pistol platform' from a High Speed Gear belt and it's the dog's balls for "the range" or ranging far and wide in the post apocalyptic wasteland that will follow COVID 2024 (sign up for your boosters now!)

🐯

SKumar

NES Member
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
At the risk of turning this into a holsters thread - this is only my second but I promise this will be my last comment.

I pointed out the Safariland ALS holster because our friend @SKumar set a $30-40 price range and at that price point there is no better proven retention holster, in my opinion.

However if he wanted to risk moths escaping by opening his now famously tight wallet a little further, then I would recommend my choice for a retention holster from G-Code and its RTS mounting system options.

Note: Use their 'Drop pistol platform' from a High Speed Gear belt and it's the dog's balls for "the range" or ranging far and wide in the post apocalyptic wasteland that will follow COVID 2024 (sign up for your boosters now!)

🐯
I appreciate the decent response without the childish elitist snobbery.

CatSnoutSoup

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I appreciate the decent response without the childish elitist snobbery.

I am capable of that also, here you go...

middle-finger-cat.gif

🐯

CatSnoutSoup

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not so much a deal as a heads up on what Sig Sauer says will be a limited production run of P320 AXG Equinox pistols.

I would dearly love to own one of these just cuz it is the new shiney but I do not think it will happen.

And because the alloy grip frame is a compact model @drgrant could only call it a "short" bus.

EhPKycH.png

🐯

paul73

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s $30 less than I have ever seen the Adaptable. I have several TriggerTech triggers in everything from a Bergara to a Sig MCX Virtus to several different AR15 and LR308 builds. As far as I’m concerned it is the best trigger out there.

ETA At this price I had to order one, even though I have no idea where I’m going to use it.
i received the second one i ordered and installed it, the first one is still rotating somewhere in the UPS guts - they claim missed delivery yesterday, but no one showed up.
i think i like it, it is not as crisp as the one in the bergara - that one is the #1.5, but, if measured at the end of the trigger where i would have the tip of the finger on, it breaks at #2 total pull weight, which is pretty good. break is nice, clean and crisp, no grinding or overtravel at all, i think for $150 it was a good buy. for $250 - not so sure.

compared to larue it was not a huge upgrade, as larue jas #3 to #3.5 total pull but the fisrt stage is #1.5, and this one has first stage at #.5 that makes second stage pull quite comparable.
i`ve got to see how it will feel after it gets decently dirty, in 200-400 rounds shot time. larue was getting a little bit of a grind there with powder residue on it.

cathouse01

NES Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
At $30.00 that’s not a deal or a steal.
Wasn’t worth it’s own thread. Though their normal (un-engraved) M2A1 cans aren’t bad at $55 for three. And I think their four pack of 30 cal M19A1 cans in a wooden ammo crate for $60 ($15 per can) is a good deal.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0

paul73

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
primary arms runs a bit of a sale - go and check if you need anything.

92G

Rating - 99.1%
108   1   0
SWFA running excellent deals on the SS fixed power scopes. I run these on multiple rifles. They offer great glass clarity, adjustable parallax, reliable turret tracking, very robust construction and simple BDC reticles. They do not offer gimmick bells and whistles like the competition.

$240 for each model, 10x42 up to 20x42

Last edited:
Top Bottom