• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Deals and steals

Yeah well not everyone here is super instructor level 10 with your SCAR17 and HK snobbery. Some of us are basic of the basic and just wanna open carry at the range.

Nobody said you needed an expensive holster, just that the SERPA is terrible. You can probably poke around on Amazon or wherever and find OWBs for $60 (actually strike that, probably $30!) or less that are 10x better (and safer) than what that thing is.

There's "basic" and then there is "unusable".

Yeah well not everyone here is super instructor level 10 with your SCAR17 and HK snobbery. Some of us are basic of the basic and just wanna open carry at the range.
There's a member who makes holsters. I "won" from him at the western MA get together. Seems good but only used it a few times. I feel bad I can't remember who made it. I believe he was sitting next to you @drgrant .

Nobody said you needed an expensive holster, just that the SERPA is terrible. You can probably poke around on Amazon or wherever and find OWBs for $60 (actually strike that, probably $30!) or less that are 10x better (and safer) than what that thing is.

Bladetech is fairly cheap and I find them good for basic owb

Erik at 508 holsters makes good stuff. I shoot USPSA/IDPA matches with him. Good dude.

serpa holster... seriously?
every time a "professional" shoots themselves its because of a serpa holster

Yeah...about those probably hundreds of thousands exclusively used by your own military branches and effectively millions of rounds down range after being pulled from a Blackhawk drop leg?

I’m sure Sig instructors know WAY more than everyone collectively training our military.

f***ing retards just echo what they hear and that’s how it becomes universally accepted as ‘truth.’

Same rules apply like every other firearm/holster combo...keep your finger off the trigger until you are ready to fire.

Maybe my military training just taught me the wrong way though because I have YET to shoot myself.

Sorry to everyone else for the thread drift, but they started it!

There's a member who makes holsters. I "won" from him at the western MA get together. Seems good but only used it a few times. I feel bad I can't remember who made it. I believe he was sitting next to you @drgrant .

That would be @5811, and he makes great holsters. I mostly have his IWB stuff but I think I have one OWB, too.

I’m sure Sig instructors know WAY more than everyone collectively training our military.

f***ing retards just echo what they hear and that’s how it becomes universally accepted as ‘truth.’

Same rules apply like every other firearm/holster combo...keep your finger off the trigger until you are ready to fire.

Maybe my military training just taught me the wrong way though because I have YET to shoot myself.

Sorry to everyone else for the thread drift, but they started it!
Mmkay

Re: Sig instructors. I’d stack their credentials against anyone’s, from my classes anyway.

Last edited:
Yeah...about those probably hundreds of thousands exclusively used by your own military branches and effectively millions of rounds down range after being pulled from a Blackhawk drop leg?

The DOD actually allows people to use those? Wow.

Also, BTW, even if something is f***ing stupid, or a piece of shit, people who train others in the military will train them how to use it
properly as best as they can. The trainers didn't select that hardware because it was issued to the people they're training. It's not a knock against the people
doing the training, either, because it quite literally is not their fault.

It's a lot more than "instructors at sig" BTW, I would guess an easy 50% don't want people showing up with those things, although most will realize this is a reality thing
and at least offer to loan something out or swap. Or at least tell people up front they're not allowed.

Ok then find me a $30 holster on amazon right now and I'll buy it. Right-handed OWB and fits Glock 17 and/or 19. $30 (or $40), post it here, and I'll buy immediately.

Ok then find me a $30 holster on amazon right now and I'll buy it. Right-handed OWB and fits Glock 17 and/or 19. $30 (or $40), post it here, and I'll buy immediately.
Amazon product ASIN B01EJ61Z6IView: https://www.amazon.com/Blade-Tech-Industries-Signature-Attachment/dp/B01EJ61Z6I/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?crid=29YCV9SENSYC6&keywords=blade%2Btech%2Bglock%2B17%2Bholster&qid=1639006232&sprefix=blde%2Btech%2Bglock%2B17%2Bholster%2Caps%2C165&sr=8-3&th=1&psc=1

I have a few of these, with the quick detach belt attachment I can switch holsters for different guns to 1 belt

I bought a Serpa for my 1911 long before anyone discovered that they were problematic. It was bought as a cheap range holster, not for carry purposes. I have a 1911 Blue Gun and I've tried it many times to see if my finger ends up in the trigger. Never, I use the finger flat to release the holster and my trigger finger ends up along the frame every time.

I certainly don't recommend these holsters, but if you train properly I don't think they are as disasterous as most people make them out to be.

I have a couple of Orpaz holsters and they are pretty good for the money as range holsters.

I bought a Serpa for my 1911 long before anyone discovered that they were problematic. It was bought as a cheap range holster, not for carry purposes. I have a 1911 Blue Gun and I've tried it many times to see if my finger ends up in the trigger. Never, I use the finger flat to release the holster and my trigger finger ends up along the frame every time.

I certainly don't recommend these holsters, but if you train properly I don't think they are as disasterous as most people make them out to be.

I have a couple of Orpaz holsters and they are pretty good for the money as range holsters.
I’ve only ever used them on my 92fs and my M9A3. I have multiple Blackhawk serpas that were provided to me by the US taxpayers (thanks for that) and they work just fine for my intended purposes.

My drop leg holster is an important part of my SHTF gear because it allows me to carry below my plate carrier with zero obstructions to get to my sidearm. I’ve used belt clip mounted setups in USPSA as well to meet the rules/requirements and everyone there always shits on my setup...but I try to train how I might fight.

I’m not going to win any pissing contests here, so I’ll concede that there definitely ARE better setups out there, but the bad reputation of the serpa holsters is mostly just from folks echoing what they’ve heard.

Use what’s comfortable for you. I like the retention of the Blackhawk serpa where it’ll be located on my body when I’m geared up...maybe that’s just me, but you won’t convince me that the holster isn’t doing it’s job as intended.

^QFT

the other reason to go safariland is for their mounting options like the QLS. Everything else I’ve seen in the same safariland price range is garbage.

At the risk of turning this into a holsters thread - this is only my second but I promise this will be my last comment.

I pointed out the Safariland ALS holster because our friend @SKumar set a $30-40 price range and at that price point there is no better proven retention holster, in my opinion.

However if he wanted to risk moths escaping by opening his now famously tight wallet a little further, then I would recommend my choice for a retention holster from G-Code and its RTS mounting system options.

Note: Use their 'Drop pistol platform' from a High Speed Gear belt and it's the dog's balls for "the range" or ranging far and wide in the post apocalyptic wasteland that will follow COVID 2024 (sign up for your boosters now!)

🐯

At the risk of turning this into a holsters thread - this is only my second but I promise this will be my last comment.

I pointed out the Safariland ALS holster because our friend @SKumar set a $30-40 price range and at that price point there is no better proven retention holster, in my opinion.

However if he wanted to risk moths escaping by opening his now famously tight wallet a little further, then I would recommend my choice for a retention holster from G-Code and its RTS mounting system options.

Note: Use their 'Drop pistol platform' from a High Speed Gear belt and it's the dog's balls for "the range" or ranging far and wide in the post apocalyptic wasteland that will follow COVID 2024 (sign up for your boosters now!)

🐯
I appreciate the decent response without the childish elitist snobbery.

I appreciate the decent response without the childish elitist snobbery.

I am capable of that also, here you go...

middle-finger-cat.gif

🐯

Not so much a deal as a heads up on what Sig Sauer says will be a limited production run of P320 AXG Equinox pistols.

I would dearly love to own one of these just cuz it is the new shiney but I do not think it will happen.

And because the alloy grip frame is a compact model @drgrant could only call it a "short" bus.

EhPKycH.png

🐯

Back
Top Bottom