Deals and steals

Pffff... $60 for a rebadged Pinty?!

I'm either putting a Pinty or an Aimpoint on a rifle. There's no in between necessary.

As a aside note I have 3 Pintys on ARs and they've all been super reliable. Which I hate. I literally throw the rifles on the ground sight first every time trying to make it break and they all still work.

Sig romeo 5 can be had for $100, youd have to be on drugs to buy a TRS-25 or whatever bushnell RDS

@Mrbiron
regarding 80% jigs, 5D is a MA business who designed the current jigs, 80percent arms rips off other designs including 5D. Their billet lowers suck and do not fit well with most 7075 mil spec uppers. Their trigger guard is unnecessarily bulky and uncomfortable during grip. If I could sell my 80percentarms lowers I would but once they’re cut thats it. 5D has had difficulty maintaining stock since all the 2020 craziness but it appears their jigs are again available.

Last edited:
Not sure if any of you guys follow SkinnyMedic but he’s offering free shipping for the cyber Monday sale. They gave me a 10%off link to share AFTER my purchase😕. Didn’t do me any good but thought might help someone else out. All quality products and a lot of great content on his YouTube channel. If you haven’t seen him definitely worth a look even if you aren’t trying to buy for your kit. Here’s the discount link they sent me…. Get 10% off using my discount code

Does anyone have first-hand experience with ZEV products?

I have a zev trigger in a Glock. I believe they used to do full builds and were well regarded. I think they were bought or bought mega arms and make AR stuff now as well.

Looking up Aimpoint prices on amazon [crying][crying]
and then look at pinty again, and then think for a sec that it is highly possible all those items and components were made by the same outsourcer factory in china.
and it is same story with optics now. there is only handful of oem factories out there that actually cut lenses. etc.

the gap between a factual cost of production and the retail price on high tier items is just ridiculous now, and no longer has any factual justification. it is same shit everywhere and the only thing that differs is amount of quality control over this junk and long term customer support level.

and then look at pinty again, and then think for a sec that it is highly possible all those items and components were made by the same outsourcer factory in china.
and it is same story with optics now. there is only handful of oem factories out there that actually cut lenses. etc.

the gap between a factual cost of production and the retail price on high tier items is just ridiculous now, and no longer has any factual justification. it is same shit everywhere and the only thing that differs is amount of quality control over this junk and long term customer support level.
Sad but probably true...if someone bridged the gap with something decent that’s not made with yellow/brown child slave labor, they’d own the market.

Sad but probably true...if someone bridged the gap with something decent that’s not made with yellow/brown child slave labor, they’d own the market.
the fact is - that $6 price on that pinty was probably a legit real price of how much it did actually cost to make it.
and as long as you can sell _it_ for the $400+ under a different brand name - no matter what morals or higher powers to be involved - it is too much of a margin.

same shit went over with nikon lenses - at about may be 10-15 or so years ago when they started mass stamping out cheaper APS sensor digital cameras and rolled out chinese manufacturing to drop prices on cheap zooms - some of those cheap zooms were comparable if not better optically than japanese top tier lenses, it was the beginning of new era, realy, when a $300 plastic crap would be comparable with $3000 ones - if you were lucky to get one with no dust and fingerprints on it.

i just always look now with a great scepticism at any higher priced 'brand name' items, no matter what that is. especially if the 'made in usa' label now only means the point of final assembly and factual production origin of components used is hidden behind closed doors.

i just always look now with a great scepticism at any higher priced 'brand name' items, no matter what that is. especially if the 'made in usa' label now only means the point of final assembly and factual production origin of components used is hidden behind closed doors.
Careful! You might get [flame]by the elites here in the D&S section!

JSE Surplus, BCGs for $84. I grabbed a couple. I have bought a lot of stuff from them over the years, always good stuff.

Yes, I'm quoting myself.

Got these BCGs in today, quality seems ok and the bolts are MPI stamped but.......What I did not know, because its not in the description, is that they are not chromed lined. I'm still going to keep them because they are a cheap emergency back up.

Yes, I'm quoting myself.

Got these BCGs in today, quality seems ok and the bolts are MPI stamped but.......What I did not know, because its not in the description, is that they are not chromed lined. I'm still going to keep them because they are a cheap emergency back up.
"Chrome lined"?

It says in the ad that they have a black nitride finish. What did you expect that they're not showing?

"Chrome lined"?

It says in the ad that they have a black nitride finish. What did you expect that they're not showing?
Every BCG I have always had is Chrome lined on the inside, never seen one that isn't and I have bought many over the last ten years. I assumed the Black nitride was referring to the exterior. Again, seems like a good product and I am going to keep them. Unless I am completely an idiot and all the ones I have bought are just un-finished on the inside? but they sure look chromed to me.

If you're looking for a low cost upper for your first AR build, or just want to do an inexpensive build, I’ve had decent luck with the AR Stoner uppers from Midway. This one is on sale (with bcg) for $300:

I just received the vedder rapidtuk in the mail. My initial impression is not very good. The leather looks and feels like cardboard and has some marks on the back of it. I've never had a hybrid style holster like this besides an alien gear cloak tuck or something I tried out and never used.

Yes, I'm quoting myself.

I bought a few from them two years ago, I will check to see if they are lined. I know one has seen probably 3k rounds, haven't had an issue with it. They seem to sell decent parts.

I just received the vedder rapidtuk in the mail. My initial impression is not very good. The leather looks and feels like cardboard and has some marks on the back of it. I've never had a hybrid style holster like this besides an alien gear cloak tuck or something I tried out and never used.

For me vedder kydex holsters are crap. sounds like worth giving it a try if the only problems are scuffs on the back and feel of the leather. I don’t do leather so can’t make any holster suggestions there. Plenty of fuddy holster experts around though.

For me vedder kydex holsters are crap. sounds like worth giving it a try if the only problems are scuffs on the back and feel of the leather. I don’t do leather so can’t make any holster suggestions there. Plenty of fuddy holster experts around though.
Who do you recommend for kydex? I need IWB tuckable.

Have you tried bedder holsters though? I was thinking about trying one out until I just saw these posts. None of the modes I’m looking at have any leather though.

Pistol retention seems good but the adjust clip is ridiculous. It's more adjustable for a rearward useless cant than a forward. Also the clip while being steel doesn't seem very strong.

You say it looks and feels like cardboard. Does it feel dry, like it'll crack if you flex it too much? Do you have mink oil (or any other leather conditioner) you can try running into it? Not that you should have to do this, but if you want to salvage it to try out it might be worth considering.

Can’t comment on 4 o’clock holsters. I use his AIWB holsters and mag carriers with pull the dot loops. not sure if he can do anything tuckable for IWB. Tony (the owner) is very responsive to emails.

as noted by @Waher, Paul at PJholsters also makes solid kydex holsters although my sense is they’re better for smaller pistols. My wife has his IWB for Kahr CW9. She never carries that pistol anymore but solid holster.

I have a Vedder Light Tuck for my P365. I have carried almost everyday for 3 years it works great for me. I just put an new 365X slide with Romeo 1 on it and modified the same holster to accommodate. It works great. Find what works for you that is comfortable and you have confidence in.

Confidence and Training = Better Actionable Results

You say it looks and feels like cardboard. Does it feel dry, like it'll crack if you flex it too much? Do you have mink oil (or any other leather conditioner) you can try running into it? Not that you should have to do this, but if you want to salvage it to try out it might be worth considering.
It doesn't seem dry to the point of cracking. But sure doesn't look like the leather on five other holsters I have.

Maybe I should have gone for a straight kydex. I just can't imagine it being comfortable.

I've been through a bunch and just finally settled on a tier 1 concealment.

I'm curious about the Alias from neomag but it's brand new so I'll wait on it a bit.

Back
Top Bottom