Deals and steals

A big maybe for NH or Free State residents. State of NH property auction includes firearms. NOTHING on the auctioneer's website gives a clue to what they have. Online auction - Fri. June 25th.

Attachments

• James St Jean Auction-Firearms.pdf
    839.8 KB · Views: 51
I have always debated about buying one of these. Does it crap up your barrel/gas port?
just avoid using lead bullets, an aguila se, cci mags or most of others copper plated are not really ruining anything much.
my cz .22lr rifle costs as much as an larue upper, almost, so, is it getting ruined much? :) it is made to shoot, so shoot it.

just avoid using lead bullets, an aguila se, cci mags or most of others copper plated are not really ruining anything much.
my cz .22lr rifle costs as much as an larue upper, almost, so, is it getting ruined much? :) it is made to shoot, so shoot it.
I was just thinking based off laziness. I didn't want to have to do a cleaning after each use.

I was just thinking based off laziness. I didn't want to have to do a cleaning after each use.
as was already stated - if you run 2-3 5.56 rounds after a .22lr session, it will sneeze most of the .22lr stuff out. not much to clean and not much to bother either.

Since .22LR craps up the gas tube/port, I opted to buy a complete .22LR upper and will build up one of my lowers with it as a dedicated .22.

My thoughts also.

But primarily I don't have to do anything to the rifle if I want to shoot a different caliber. Just grab the right rifle and ammo.

Since .22LR craps up the gas tube/port, I opted to buy a complete .22LR upper and will build up one of my lowers with it as a dedicated .22.
If only dedicated 22LR barrels weren't OOS everywhere and so damned expensive.

I've got a 15-22 for this purpose. I don't want to crap up my DI AR's anymore than I need to.

All I'm pulling up at their site, is the kit with a 10 round mag. Any link to the kit with the 25 rnd mag?
EDIT: My bad, OOS, so it didn't show.
There's videos on YouTube that show how to unrestrict the 10rd mags to 25 by disassembly and removing an internal roll pin in the magazine. Grab the 10rd version!

If only dedicated 22LR barrels weren't OOS everywhere and so damned expensive.

I've got a 15-22 for this purpose. I don't want to crap up my DI AR's anymore than I need to.
It was a number of years ago but I bought my .22LR upper from either Midway or Brownells and they were back ordered. A number of months later, I received the upper. So it isn't a new thing that they are frequently out of stock.

I own a 15-22 as well, but it isn't even close to the same weight/feel as a real AR in .22LR.

Just bought one, then realized it probably won't fit in my piston AR upper, which is the only one I have in 223.

They already shipped though, that was fast...!

Just bought one, then realized it probably won't fit in my piston AR upper, which is the only one I have in 223.

They already shipped though, that was fast...!
What kind of piston upper are you using? Many piston uppers have a gas setting to turn the gas system off and make you have to manually cycle the rifle. My Stag 8T is set up this way and all I need to do to use the CMMG converter is to turn my gas system off.

Back
Top Bottom